Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Audio Evolution Mobile Studio

Comments

• @frosttrance_7 said:
    Ok, so I tried running multiple instances of Animoog Z using both multi-core options. The sound crackled after 8 instances (which is what my iPad Air 3 generally handles). I was hoping to get at least 10.

What device are you running on?

• @espiegel123 said:

@frosttrance_7 said:
    Ok, so I tried running multiple instances of Animoog Z using both multi-core options. The sound crackled after 8 instances (which is what my iPad Air 3 generally handles). I was hoping to get at least 10.

iPad Air 3 (which is already mentioned in what you quoted). In Cubasis (with default guard buffer), I can run 11 instances of Animoog Z before crackling.

• edited June 2023

However, the multi-core mode seems to work well with less CPU-hungry synths or effects like BLEASS Omega. When I duplicated multiple Omega instances, the CPU spiked during multicore mode before settling to a much lower speed after playback.

Edit: By setting the buffer to 1024, I was able to get at least 10 or 11 instances of Model 15 running in AEM.

• >

iPad Air 3 (which is already mentioned in what you quoted).

My bad

• It also seems that I can't use Velocity KB and KB-1 as MIDI FX in the DAW, unless I am doing something wrong.

• @frosttrance_7 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

iPad Air 3 (which is already mentioned in what you quoted). In Cubasis (with default guard buffer), I can run 11 instances of Animoog Z before crackling.

The results here are indeed a bit lower than in CB3, but nevertheless better than single-core. However, you need to increase the buffer size to compare it properly. Enabling multi-core in CB3 increases the buffer size as well. On older devices, a buffer size below 512 frames will not do much for multi-core. On my iPad Pro M2 however, I can use 128 frames in multi-core without issues. Not sure if CB3 even goes that low since it always has additional buffering in multi-core.

• @frosttrance_7 said:
    It also seems that I can't use Velocity KB and KB-1 as MIDI FX in the DAW, unless I am doing something wrong.

I hope someone else can respond since I'm not going to buy these just to find out. Are they listed when you press one of the 3 MIDI AU buttons?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @frosttrance_7 said:
    It also seems that I can't use Velocity KB and KB-1 as MIDI FX in the DAW, unless I am doing something wrong.

I don’t have Velocity KB but KB-1 is working okay here.

Create MIDI instrument track and choose instrument.
    Navigate to the channel strip view (using the page selector buttons - the little circular buttons at the bottom of the channel strip) which shows the 3 MIDI AU buttons.
    Press one of them and select KB-1 from the options shown.
    KB-1 now controls the instrument on the track.

• KB-1 working for me too

• edited June 2023
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Robin2 said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

Navigate to the channel strip view (using the page selector buttons - the little circular buttons at the bottom of the channel strip) which shows the 3 MIDI AU buttons.

That's what I did, unless I had to select MIDI track instead of audio and MIDI track.

• edited June 2023

@tja said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

@Robin2 said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

That's what I did, unless I had to select MIDI track instead of audio and MIDI track.

This works for MIDI instrument tracks and for MIDI tracks!

Can you screen record what you did? First, I created a new audio synth track. Then, I put KB-1 or Velocity KB into one of the three AU MIDI FX slots. Even after pressing the record button, I did not hear sound being played.

• @tja said:
    Is this the right place to ask stupid questions?

I am not able to merge MIDI clips.

AEM and it's manual say that they would need to overlap to do that.
    But I don't have overlapping clips - I don't even know why I would ever get them to overlap.

I have adjacent clips, from repeating them - and now I want to merge them:

Most natural thing to do with MIDI clips, or?

Any way to do this?

In the track pop-up menu, you can select 'Merge all clips'.

• @tja said:

@frosttrance_7 said:
    Can you screen record what you did? First, I created a new audio synth tracker. Then, I put KB-1 or Velocity KB into one of the three AU MIDI FX slots. Even after pressing the record button, I did not hear sound being played.

What is a new "audio synth tracker"?

I wrote above with which types of tracks I tested!

I meant a MIDI instrument track where you load an audio unit. I cannot play or record notes using KB-1 or VKB with an AUv3 instrument. I can only sequence an AUv3 instrument with a sequencer like Hilda.

• @tja said:

@dwrae said:

@tja said:
    Is this the right place to ask stupid questions?

I am not able to merge MIDI clips.

AEM and it's manual say that they would need to overlap to do that.
    But I don't have overlapping clips - I don't even know why I would ever get them to overlap.

I have adjacent clips, from repeating them - and now I want to merge them:

Most natural thing to do with MIDI clips, or?

Any way to do this?

In the track pop-up menu, you can select 'Merge all clips'.

I don't want to merge all clips 😅

I tested it, and it even merges empty space outside of clips, so I cannot use it at all - this would only be useful to create a final "whole track" MIDI clip, but not for arranging and composing sections, which is what I normally do in a MIDI editor.

So I assume that it is not possible 😢

That may being me back to Xequence 2 which can merge clips easily for composing and has other tricks for handling MIDI too.

Need to think again about my selection of Apps.

If you really need to merge two clips that are not overlapping, you can expand one clip such that it overlaps the other and then merge them.

• edited June 2023
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tja said:
    Anyways, I tested this and it works !
    Seems a bit strange to require them to overlap and adds a (small) additional step.

I will again now, thanks!

It was just meant as a stop-gap solution until I implement a merge for selected clips.

• Did some testing with the multicore feature , on my old Air2 (triple core , same cores , no big/little)
    Tried 3 instances on AUM with Model 15 , couldn't avoid crackling even with 2048 buffer

Then I used AEM , loaded the exact same patches and no crackles with 128 buffer size (although my ipad is ready to explode :p)
    The "alternative" mode seems to work better
    Huuuuge difference , congrats @dwrae

• @Korakios said:
    Did some testing with the multicore feature , on my old Air2 (triple core , same cores , no big/little)
    Tried 3 instances on AUM with Model 15 , couldn't avoid crackling even with 2048 buffer

Then I used AEM , loaded the exact same patches and no crackles with 128 buffer size (although my ipad is ready to explode :p)
    The "alternative" mode seems to work better
    Huuuuge difference , congrats @dwrae

Thanks!

• Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v5.8.6 for iOS has been released:

• Added a 'Ghost tracks' button to the piano roll editor. You can choose to display the notes of all or a selection of other MIDI tracks. This makes it easy to align notes with notes of other tracks.
    • Automation of AUv3 boolean parameters is now quantized to 0 and 1.

• @dwrae said:
    Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v5.8.6 for iOS has been released:

• Added a 'Ghost tracks' button to the piano roll editor. You can choose to display the notes of all or a selection of other MIDI tracks. This makes it easy to align notes with notes of other tracks.

How is it that such a big feature update gets 0 replies?

Oh man, thank you for this
    Making aem better and better each and every day.

• @dwrae Is there a possibility of you adding a codec for the 'opus' file format?

• @dwrae said:
    Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v5.8.6 for iOS has been released:

Very cool!
    I remember requesting and discussing this with you years ago in the pr re-design phase and I'm more than happy to see you still taking good care of your pearl.
    I'd also like to mention the time stretch function for MIDI notes in the piano roll again, this can be invaluable!

Thanks for your great work.