Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• edited August 22

Very simple here :)
    This is my mobile setup.

• This is what I’ve been messing with. And vcv rack

• edited August 23

@reasOne said:

This is what I’ve been messing with. And vcv rack

Hot damn, son

Enviable setup to my eyes

Three Ive been lusting after (SMK-25 MKii*, seaboard, tx-6), constantly checking prices, fantastical dreams of the govt owing me a chunk of cash and throwing it all onto hardware, plans for when the inevitable happens [obsession forces budget's hand] and I can incorporate into setup... I am the ONLY person that does this, I have no doubt in my mind (😉🤣🤣 as I preach to the choir)

And two that have I have zero need, but what to mess with em SOOOO bad:

SP-404 for a physical Koala, that I've been inadvertently practicing towards for a couple of years lol

OP-1, I want to feel the workflow and their closed environment. It appears to be (after learning, of course) straight flow with minimal thinking. Like, very purposeful in everything incorporated and the nesting style of the different parameters etc

Just wild to see that exact combo

[*Ok, SMK MKii dropped back a bit on the wishlist since I got the LPX for velocity sensitive keys and and the grid style play (clicks for me easier than traditional keys), but I'm a diehard m-vave stan and want to collect everything I can of theirs... Pretty well set as is tho. 2 chocolate, SMC pad and mixer, wireless guitar adapter, one Bluetooth midi USB adapter with another on the way. The SMK-25 MKii and SMK-25 mini are my next grabs when the time is right. Amazing company for budget mobile production]

Definitely a setup I am hoping to work towards! VERY nice

(Also, as I have no permanent setup space until serious rearrangement can happen [eh, it's a mad house, don't know if I trust anything sitting around anyway xD curious kids 🤷] - mad appreciation towards the bluetooth forward device selection)

• edited August 23

@dblonde said:

This is my mobile setup.

How do you like the Blocks?

I've been eyeing them up for a few months but I'm hella wary about buying used gear (both for wear and tear, but a slight phobia about hand cleanliness and what can't/doesn't get cleaned from any little gap... I worked at a used game store for a while, repairing controllers for resale and cleaning consoles for the same... shudder... but i can force myself past it if the product is good lol)

And guitar center has some decent prices and I have a couple controllers I could part with...

[edit: OH! And what's that... Wireless midi guitar, it looks like? that's sitting back there? Interest piqued!]

• This is what I’ve been messing with. And vcv rack> @Edward_Alexander said:

@reasOne nice jam space!

Thanks man! I’ve even got some plants so that i can stay relevant 😂

@PapaBPoppin said:

@reasOne said:

Hot damn, son

Enviable setup to my eyes

Three Ive been lusting after (SMK-25 MKii*, seaboard, tx-6), constantly checking prices, fantastical dreams of the govt owing me a chunk of cash and throwing it all onto hardware, plans for when the inevitable happens [obsession forces budget's hand] and I can incorporate into setup... I am the ONLY person that does this, I have no doubt in my mind (😉🤣🤣 as I preach to the choir)

And two that have I have zero need, but what to mess with em SOOOO bad:

SP-404 for a physical Koala, that I've been inadvertently practicing towards for a couple of years lol

OP-1, I want to feel the workflow and their closed environment. It appears to be (after learning, of course) straight flow with minimal thinking. Like, very purposeful in everything incorporated and the nesting style of the different parameters etc

Just wild to see that exact combo

[*Ok, SMK MKii dropped back a bit on the wishlist since I got the LPX for velocity sensitive keys and and the grid style play (clicks for me easier than traditional keys), but I'm a diehard m-vave stan and want to collect everything I can of theirs... Pretty well set as is tho. 2 chocolate, SMC pad and mixer, wireless guitar adapter, one Bluetooth midi USB adapter with another on the way. The SMK-25 MKii and SMK-25 mini are my next grabs when the time is right. Amazing company for budget mobile production]

Definitely a setup I am hoping to work towards! VERY nice

(Also, as I have no permanent setup space until serious rearrangement can happen [eh, it's a mad house, don't know if I trust anything sitting around anyway xD curious kids 🤷] - mad appreciation towards the bluetooth forward device selection)

The TX-6 is amazing! I am actually making payments on mine via reverb purchase since it is so expensive, but absolutely worth it for my situation… hooking up everything , digitone, op1, ipad into the 404 mk2 then back into the iPad.

I love koala, and it’s really all you need but being an sp user for so many years, the 404mk2 is my main hub now. I sample to koala or loopy… back the 404 or even the other way around lol thanks to the tx-6 flexibility.

The seaboard is kinda meh honestly, i have the original and i don’t fully enjoy playing it.

The op1f is the one thing I’ll keep until the end… its a closed environment but also very open! I run midi app like harmony bloom into it and record perfect loops to the 404mk2 with sp effects, or run it into the iPad through all those effects.

Really the op1f, 404 and iPad are the perfect set up with the tx6 doing the routing. I’ve gone through a lot of gear over the years but this set up has be feeling complete.

The digitone is a keeper as well cuz it soundsso good and was a gift from the wife

• TX-6: Don't mention payment plans! I keep seeing them and keep avoiding them! This is such a weird product. Thankfully price prohibitive (ish?). Another End Game goal for my end. ...I mean, it would solve a handful of issues, but not at professional level pricing. But the size, self powered, SIX INPUT?! interface combo... Jaaaaaysus.... two mics, guitar, bass, phone (android, koala, I got my dream setup for tx-6 set and ready. I'm a good obsessive) and a freebie for a buddy to hook up his mpc and we loopjam?! I'd give my first born! (...a horrible joke implying I do have a price on my child's head, and it's not a cent higher than that of a tx-6 😂😂😅😰)

Luckily a lot of that is dependant on things I'm not focusing on learning now, so it's keeping the green monster at bay

Koala is how I learned, and taught me a lot of basics. Where I learned about choke groups! So I'd love to get my hands on a 404 to A. Use what inspired Koala, and B. Physical controllers remove the constant concentration of finger placement. It's no longer a tool to accomplish something, it's an instrument (even using various controllers to mimic, that's a different instrument. I want to play what was intended. Gets a feel for the creators mind and why they chose to implement a thing this way or that. And a connective understanding of other players... Why certain tracks sound the way they do when composed on this specific thing)

Seaboard: good to know! With the few options there are, I'd hate to end up with one I'd prefer less

OP-1: Oh definitely! I can't even begin to imagine what can be done with that thing. After watching a few people mess with it, it seems a very solid flow was kept close to the front of the design. Similar to my 404, I want to experience what they put together, as theres such a variance of sound coming from different producers using it since release (even down to the silly shit YuB was doing with it when he randomly picked it up and incorporated it into his Lets Play yt my kids had on shortly after TE set it loose)

Happy to have this forum for honest opinions towards these things. Never quite sure how many reviews I read or watch arent overblown either due to Shiny New Thing, or simply wanting to like it so much

Thanks for the clear breakdown!

• edited August 23

@PapaBPoppin said:

@dblonde said:

This is my mobile setup.

How do you like the Blocks?

I've been eyeing them up for a few months but I'm hella wary about buying used gear (both for wear and tear, but a slight phobia about hand cleanliness and what can't/doesn't get cleaned from any little gap... I worked at a used game store for a while, repairing controllers for resale and cleaning consoles for the same... shudder... but i can force myself past it if the product is good lol)

And guitar center has some decent prices and I have a couple controllers I could part with...

[edit: OH! And what's that... Wireless midi guitar, it looks like? that's sitting back there? Interest piqued!]

The Blocks were a gift from my wife many years back when they first came out. There is a newer version which users say are better - but i like mine very much and so portable and MPE.

The midi guitar is a Jamstik+ its really great too and was a gift from the manufacturer Zivix. They have come a long way and offer very modern alternatives now.

I have a PC based studio setup too buts its not ios centred and is for, lets say, professional use.

• @reasOne I too want to get a Roli seaboard block, it would be really great to use with my blocks from my portable ios setup.

• @PapaBPoppin said:
    TX-6: Don't mention payment plans! I keep seeing them and keep avoiding them! This is such a weird product. Thankfully price prohibitive (ish?). Another End Game goal for my end. ...I mean, it would solve a handful of issues, but not at professional level pricing. But the size, self powered, SIX INPUT?! interface combo... Jaaaaaysus.... two mics, guitar, bass, phone (android, koala, I got my dream setup for tx-6 set and ready. I'm a good obsessive) and a freebie for a buddy to hook up his mpc and we loopjam?! I'd give my first born! (...a horrible joke implying I do have a price on my child's head, and it's not a cent higher than that of a tx-6 😂😂😅😰)

Luckily a lot of that is dependant on things I'm not focusing on learning now, so it's keeping the green monster at bay

Koala is how I learned, and taught me a lot of basics. Where I learned about choke groups! So I'd love to get my hands on a 404 to A. Use what inspired Koala, and B. Physical controllers remove the constant concentration of finger placement. It's no longer a tool to accomplish something, it's an instrument (even using various controllers to mimic, that's a different instrument. I want to play what was intended. Gets a feel for the creators mind and why they chose to implement a thing this way or that. And a connective understanding of other players... Why certain tracks sound the way they do when composed on this specific thing)

Seaboard: good to know! With the few options there are, I'd hate to end up with one I'd prefer less

OP-1: Oh definitely! I can't even begin to imagine what can be done with that thing. After watching a few people mess with it, it seems a very solid flow was kept close to the front of the design. Similar to my 404, I want to experience what they put together, as theres such a variance of sound coming from different producers using it since release (even down to the silly shit YuB was doing with it when he randomly picked it up and incorporated it into his Lets Play yt my kids had on shortly after TE set it loose)

Happy to have this forum for honest opinions towards these things. Never quite sure how many reviews I read or watch arent overblown either due to Shiny New Thing, or simply wanting to like it so much

Thanks for the clear breakdown!

The koala and 404mk2 integration is dope! Its not perfect but ads another layer to the fun!
    I was trying to do all iOS everything, but like you said… after you are done editing and setting up its so much better to have physical gear than just the screen.
    iOS is so powerful in so many ways and i love all the apps, but i keep needing actual instruments to play and learn and get a workflow down with. On iOS its just not as fun. Koala is the best example of how an app can be both fun and powerful tho

The Tx6 called my name for so many reasons, but being 12 mono/6 stereo , routing options, battery powered and portable are my main reasons. I like to work on music on the go since i travel for work, and making music in hotels, parks, coffee shops i want everything to run on batteries and be small enough for one bag. I got the TE OB4 as well. My whole studio can fit in backpack! And it often does.

404mk2/op1/tx6/ob4 is a travelers dream set up , i do have to power the 404 with a big anker battery or my rechargeables, which is the only downside. I wish it had internal battery. I’ve seen people install one inside the battery compartment but I’m not doing that I’ll just bring my anker.

My suggestion is to get the op1f, then the tx6 then the mk2! In that order. You can plug the op1f directly into your iPad with USB c for audio interface and MIDI, and directly into the mk2 for sampling back and forth….So much power in this little set up! Also too much money lol

• @audiblevideo said:
    @vlaoladis lol you’re centerpiece is the cable management box. I kid. Nice use of space.

:D yes, exactly. Actually, it allows me to easily move the whole table because it has everything on it

@NoiseHorse said:

@vlaoladis said:
    I finally built my own little home studio :sunglasses:
    Now I need to “just” build up my playing skills :trollface:

I think that’s pretty cool. What is that interface your phone is on? Can you hook phone and iPad into it simultaneously? And may I ask which headphones are you using?(I’m a gear nerd)

Thank you :)

I'm not sure what you call the "interface".
    iPpad stand/USB hub: Anker 551. It has USB-C PD for the main connection to the iPad and 2 USB-A, but I've never tried to connect an iPhone there, I just don't have such use cases. I also use Thomann's external USB hub to connect everything there and not create a mess on the table.
    Audio interface/Guitar amp: Headrush MX-5
    Headphones: Sony MDR-7506, classic. Pretty enough for my needs now

• Finally added the iPad to my main setup. Also downsized considerably recently.

• edited August 27

@StudioES said:
    Finally added the iPad to my main setup. Also downsized considerably recently.

Ooo that looks like a lot of fun! Serious punch for a more self contained setup!

Is that specifically a Syntact/tablet stand? Or are there sizing options and you got one that fits?

(I'm hella curious about one for iPad/Launchpad X)

• Hi @PapaBPoppin,
    It really is a lot of fun. I've forgotten how capable an iPad is, so glad to add it back to my main setup.

The stand is a Headliner 2-Tier Desktop Synth Stand for $59. Got it at Perfect Circuit link here but it's available on Amazon and most music retailers. Sturdy stand, fits the Syntakt and iPad Pro 10.5" perfectly.

• edited August 27

@StudioES said:
    Hi @PapaBPoppin,
    It really is a lot of fun. I've forgotten how capable an iPad is, so glad to add it back to my main setup.

The stand is a Headliner 2-Tier Desktop Synth Stand for $59. Got it at Perfect Circuit link here but it's available on Amazon and most music retailers. Sturdy stand, fits the Syntakt and iPad Pro 10.5" perfectly.

Oh dope thanks!

Went to check reviews for pics to see other potential options, clicked the first one and was like "Heeeeeeeey wait a second, I recognize that Syntackt" xD

Will be measuring out, but I really dig the look. might find a home here too!

[Edit: Doh dang! Looking at an additional almost 2.5" longer (and an inch wider, but thata not so much an issue)

What's the length (depth? I dunno... it kinda goes back, too. Perception is weird) of the bottom shelf, if you have a spare moment? I see width info on the site, but not maximum length of device. Visual estimation but I'm assuming that doesn't reach 10" does it? (LPX looks like 9.5" for both length and width)]

• Ha ha, yeah it's a good stand so I thought I'd let potential buyers know.

Each tier has a depth of 7". And the width is adjustable from 7.3” to 11.5”.

Here's the manufacturer's webpage:
    https://headliner-la.com/products/headliner-2-tier-desktop-synth-stand/

• @StudioES said:
    Ha ha, yeah it's a good stand so I thought I'd let potential buyers know.

Each tier has a depth of 7". And the width is adjustable from 7.3” to 11.5”.

Here's the manufacturer's webpage:
    https://headliner-la.com/products/headliner-2-tier-desktop-synth-stand/

Oh! Asked and answered (well, answered as I was typing the edit, so BEOFRE It was asked)

Ok, will def NOT work for my use case, but it's out the idea in my head, so I'll definitely be looking around. Thanks so much!

• Check out https://www.etsy.com/ and https://reverb.com/. Lots of stands there.

• @StudioES said:
    Check out https://www.etsy.com/ and https://reverb.com/. Lots of stands there.

Unfortunately almost everything I've found on Etsy is 3d printed. The aluminum build of the synth stand is what really had my attention

And after a quick search on reverb, if input Launchpad X specifically, its the same 3d printed options

HOWEVER ill dig deeper into reverb and check out some other synth stands to see about a depth that'll work

And if not there, I now know its a thing and I can try to find one as more search terms pop into my head! (Aaaaand if worse comes to worse, I can ask around and see if my any of my metal working friends has a machining option available!)

Thanks for the idea and some options to check!

• The only space i'm allowed to have the man cave! :)

• @StudioES said:
    Finally added the iPad to my main setup. Also downsized considerably recently.

I downsized when I left Netherlands for China. Arrived with just an iPad . . . . have accumulated another whole new studio since o:)
    I really like your setup - looks very functional and ergonomic. I like that :)

• Space is tight, but the ergonomics are good. I prefer to stand when making music.
    iPad off to the right is the mixing interface with some sequencing duties.

• I like this setup, I tend to roll it out to the balcony in the morning and to my recliner in the evening.

• @reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

That looks like an Uplift desk. I love the one I got.

• @LinearLineman said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

That looks like an Uplift desk. I love the one I got.

I forgot the brand but it’s nice! Simple and has usb ports and i can be lazy n sit or stand up to get some energy lol

• @PapaBPoppin said:

@StudioES said:

Unfortunately almost everything I've found on Etsy is 3d printed. The aluminum build of the synth stand is what really had my attention

And after a quick search on reverb, if input Launchpad X specifically, its the same 3d printed options

HOWEVER ill dig deeper into reverb and check out some other synth stands to see about a depth that'll work

And if not there, I now know its a thing and I can try to find one as more search terms pop into my head! (Aaaaand if worse comes to worse, I can ask around and see if my any of my metal working friends has a machining option available!)

Some of the 3D printed stands are of good quality. I have two of the 3D Waves stands, and I'd rate them up there with the Headliner stand we spoke of earlier (which is steel, not aluminum, so it's quite heavy).

I use to use laptop stands and risers I bought off Amazon, so hopefully there must be something that'll work for you.

• Thanks @dblonde - nice man cave!
    If I had that much space for music gear I'd be in trouble!
    These days I limit myself to the real estate of my desk.

• I love my 3d printed stands! Just got one for the op1f, 404mk2 and digitone!
    Op1f from sierra wave and the others from 3D waves

• edited August 29

@StudioES said:

@PapaBPoppin said:

@StudioES said:

Some of the 3D printed stands are of good quality. I have two of the 3D Waves stands, and I'd rate them up there with the Headliner stand we spoke of earlier (which is steel, not aluminum, so it's quite heavy).

I use to use laptop stands and risers I bought off Amazon, so hopefully there must be something that'll work for you.

Haha you misunderstand, I have a plethora of 3d printed stands and clips for a lot of equipment and portable handhelds (mainly Etsy). And I like them a lot!

I was just looking for something with the metal design for the launchpad and tablet similar to what you showed, is all

But I appreciate the thoughtful recommend!

Edit: and I'll definitely check amazon and such, now that the concept is in my head. I was just hoping it was a company that did that style in different sizings or something

But I'll definitely have my eyes peeled

It's a great aesthetic for your desk

• Need shorter USB C to USB 3 cables.