Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• @ALB said:

@sinosoidal said:

@ALB said:
    @sinosoidal - I find the saving of projects to be very annoying. I just want to save a version under its original name quickly using “save”. Instead, if I make a change and save, it defaults to a new name “my name of project” and I then have to change it to the original name, deleting “my” and then getting a prompt asking me if I want to overwrite. I understand why you have set it up this way - perhaps there are users who want endless versions. But I don’t want this behavior - would you be open to having this behavior be optional in settings so that I could turn it off? I just want the option to “save” or “save as”.

"My " is only supposed to be prefixed when the preset is being saved from a factory preset. The problem is when you open the app after being closed, previous state is being inserted into the factory bank.

The SAVE button will be enabled if the patch is loaded from the local and the patch as modified (as an asterisk).

But there are indeed problem and they need to be fixed. I'm sorry for this. We will open an issue.

Hmmm. Ok. I was having this problem in my local folder, but Perhaps this was just a result of user error.

I’ve been having problems with this too. Steps to reproduce:

Create a new project using the + icon
    It defaults to the name ‘Default’
    Hit the save icon, call it ‘Test’, then ‘save as’ to the ‘Local’ bank
    I’d now expect the save menu to allow you to use the ‘save’ option instead of ‘save as’, but it doesn’t
    Now if you restart the app, make some changes and try to save it again the app adds the ‘My’ prefix and still doesn’t have the ‘save’ option (only ‘save as’).

The behaviour doesn’t seem correct based on the description above. I’ve seen the ‘save’ option appear a few times but it seems quite random.

• @isomi said:

@ALB said:

@sinosoidal said:

@ALB said:
    @sinosoidal - I find the saving of projects to be very annoying. I just want to save a version under its original name quickly using “save”. Instead, if I make a change and save, it defaults to a new name “my name of project” and I then have to change it to the original name, deleting “my” and then getting a prompt asking me if I want to overwrite. I understand why you have set it up this way - perhaps there are users who want endless versions. But I don’t want this behavior - would you be open to having this behavior be optional in settings so that I could turn it off? I just want the option to “save” or “save as”.

"My " is only supposed to be prefixed when the preset is being saved from a factory preset. The problem is when you open the app after being closed, previous state is being inserted into the factory bank.

The SAVE button will be enabled if the patch is loaded from the local and the patch as modified (as an asterisk).

But there are indeed problem and they need to be fixed. I'm sorry for this. We will open an issue.

Hmmm. Ok. I was having this problem in my local folder, but Perhaps this was just a result of user error.

I’d now expect the save menu to allow you to use the ‘save’ option instead of ‘save as’, but it doesn’t
    Now if you restart the app, make some changes and try to save it again the app adds the ‘My’ prefix and still doesn’t have the ‘save’ option (only ‘save as’).

The behaviour doesn’t seem correct based on the description above. I’ve seen the ‘save’ option appear a few times but it seems quite random.

Thanks for diving into this. @sinosoidal - see above. Any thoughts?

• @ALB said:

@isomi said:

@ALB said:

@sinosoidal said:

@ALB said:

Thanks for diving into this. @sinosoidal - see above. Any thoughts?

We are aiming to fix this in version 1.0.3. That is currently in beta. Are you beta? If not send me a message with your email address.

• The “Help” section in BAM is exemplary..It illustrated function by function, in order..

• @sinosoidal said:

We are aiming to fix this in version 1.0.3. That is currently in beta.

hmm. i have 1.0.3 (67) at the moment and it certainly behaves the same – Save button is inactive and project name is prefixed with My every time.

• @chaocrator said:

@sinosoidal said:

We are aiming to fix this in version 1.0.3. That is currently in beta.

hmm. i have 1.0.3 (67) at the moment and it certainly behaves the same – Save button is inactive and project name is prefixed with My every time.

Because it was not fixed yet. We have been working on a update to LK. Tomorrow we will be back on BAM's work. Stay tuned to TestFlight notifications.

• We are doing a video manual of BAM. We will cover all the panels and functionalities if possible in the most straightforward and concise way. Today we have release chapter 2 which covers the "Timeline Panel":

• edited November 2023

Hi, can someone tell me if it is possible to set individual midi out channels to tracks 1-16? Or to route them into AUM midi tracks? I want to sequence external hardware with BAM.

Edit: I found it, it's possible to select midi out in the engine menu

• Hey congrats on the launch 🚀

• @sinosoidal said:
    We are doing a video manual of BAM. We will cover all the panels and functionalities if possible in the most straightforward and concise way. Today we have release chapter 2 which covers the "Timeline Panel":

@sinosoidal said:
    We are doing a video manual of BAM. We will cover all the panels and functionalities if possible in the most straightforward and concise way. Today we have release chapter 2 which covers the "Timeline Panel":

@sinosoidal : Thanks SO much: I’ll be following all these . Love my BAM !

• @sinosoidal said:

Because it was not fixed yet. We have been working on a update to LK.

For LK!!!?? Yes!!!!

• We have published a new build with the following change log:

• Fix Sampler start parameter automation
    • Fix clip loop region bug
    • Improve save dialog overwrite function
    • Add push notifications
    • Add setting to define knob interaction direction (horizontal/vertical/both)
    • Add tempo swipe support
    • Add tap tempo support
  • edited November 2023

Deleted post, was looking for Ableton Link and couldn’t see it in the settings (it’s available via the Clock Source dropdown)

• Does it have Master Tuning ? A=444 or 432 or something besides A=440

• @Optahealth said:
    Does it have Master Tuning ? A=444 or 432 or something besides A=440

No, it has not. Is it a common global parameter on grooveboxes?

• BAM 1.0.3 has just been released. This is what new:

• Add push notifications
    • Add setting to define knob interaction direction (horizontal/vertical/both)
    • Add tempo swipe support
    • Add tap tempo support
    • Improved save dialog overwrite function
    • Fix patch selection when state loading
    • Fixes multi output option when BAM is hosted
    • Fixes sample preview (standalone) when multi output setting was turned on in the AUv3 version
    • Fix browser samples preview
    • Fix Midi Out engine macros names
    • Fix Midi Devices enable status when opening BAM
    • Fix solo/mute on tracks with Midi Out Engine
    • Don't add engine parameters to automations when loading a preset while recording
    • Fix Sampler start parameter automation
    • Fixes Sampler randomly pitching up/down samples when transposing them
    • Fix clip loop region bug
  • edited November 2023

@sinosoidal said:

Good! I really like: clear, short and high paced tutorials. Looking forward to more😊

• Question: What should be the behaviour of sounds and samples preview when BAM is hosted with multi bus output is enabled?

Right now, the preview of samples and sounds comes out on track 1 only. This is mostly due to the fact that when hosted in Ableton Live, this DAW seems to limit the number of output buses to 16 stereo tracks (32 channels), we cannot have 16 tracks and the master track. Also, when multi out is enabled, the track where BAM plugin was instantiated, always outputs track 1. Therefore we had to route the preview to track 1.

We don't need to follow exactly the same rules on iOS but we don't have enough knowledge across the several existing iOS AUv3 hosts to make a good decision without your feedback.

What is your general opinion about this? Can you help us? Thank you! :blush:

• I personally would prefer it coming out of an output I select myself.
    Possibly something that could be an option in settings.

• @Gravitas said:
    I personally would prefer it coming out of an output I select myself.
    Possibly something that could be an option in settings.

Thanks for your reply.

• just showing off today's Mac beta.

• @chaocrator said:
    just showing off today's Mac beta.

For anyone that wants to try it too, here is the download link:

https://we.tl/t-ZbrAunEk5C

:sunglasses:

• I started a project and needed first to decide to carry it through in Drambo or BAM. My first inclination was to exercise BAM but I immediately came up against a critical limitation.

In both, you need to run in standalone to be able to load AU instruments, so my long-standing AUM-based workflow, with all its wild cross-wiring, is not available. But in BAM, as opposed to Drambo, there appears to be no “onboard” method of midi generation other than the grid or piano roll. I can’t insert a controller, or a sequencer, or etc.

This is a heck of a constraint, and really does kick the app back into the general category of “groove box”, rather than “production environment.” Which is unfortunate, because in other respects I really do like it.

Have I missed something? And if not, is this a permanent state of affairs?

• edited November 2023

@garden said:
    I started a project and needed first to decide to carry it through in Drambo or BAM. My first inclination was to exercise BAM but I immediately came up against a critical limitation.

In both, you need to run in standalone to be able to load AU instruments, so my long-standing AUM-based workflow, with all its wild cross-wiring, is not available. But in BAM, as opposed to Drambo, there appears to be no “onboard” method of midi generation other than the grid or piano roll. I can’t insert a controller, or a sequencer, or etc.

This is a heck of a constraint, and really does kick the app back into the general category of “groove box”, rather than “production environment.” Which is unfortunate, because in other respects I really do like it.

Midi FX AUv3 should be available to test soon =)

• @garden said:
    I started a project and needed first to decide to carry it through in Drambo or BAM. My first inclination was to exercise BAM but I immediately came up against a critical limitation.

Yeah you can’t have a host within a host so that’s not a BAM/Drambo limitation. It’s an iOS limitation.

The devs have mentioned here before that they’re adding midi fx in an upcoming update, but to be fair, it is made to be a groovebox, not a full production environment.

• Please increase the font size in the app. Some of the text/labels are incredibly difficult to see, even with glasses.

• @Optahealth said:
    Please increase the font size in the app. Some of the text/labels are incredibly difficult to see, even with glasses.

I don’t know if that’s gonna happen. It would require a redesign of the UI to make everything fit I would imagine. It’s already a tight squeeze. Bigger fonts would make it a lot harder to navigate and make it super cluttered. Not sure I’d enjoy using the app if it was that cluttered.

Maybe an option to increase if you need to but not simply just making the fonts bigger.

• edited November 2023

@Optahealth said:
    Please increase the font size in the app. Some of the text/labels are incredibly difficult to see, even with glasses.

btw, +1.
    also (or at least) higher contrast for font might be better, something lighter/brighter on dark/grey background.

• @HotStrange said:

@Optahealth said:

I don’t know if that’s gonna happen. It would require a redesign of the UI to make everything fit I would imagine. It’s already a tight squeeze. Bigger fonts would make it a lot harder to navigate and make it super cluttered. Not sure I’d enjoy using the app if it was that cluttered.

Maybe an option to increase if you need to but not simply just making the fonts bigger.

The labels were a bit bigger and we know this is a problem right now. The problem is that many parameters labels would get trimmed which was also not pleasant. We need to find a solution. Maybe by tighten the space between the chars. Let's see what we can do.

• @sinosoidal said:

@HotStrange said:

@Optahealth said:

The labels were a bit bigger and we know this is a problem right now. The problem is that many parameters labels would get trimmed which was also not pleasant. We need to find a solution. Maybe by tighten the space between the chars. Let's see what we can do.

I figured it would probably be a development headache. I’ll be sure to give feedback on the beta if/when it happens. For the record it’s fine for me but I can see why it would be an issue for some.