Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• I guess it is out.. How about a change in the heading?

• Purchased. Watched the tutorial video that was put out last month. Didn’t want to add another app that sat on the shelf. Looks very cool and agree on the UI.

No more apps! The wallet needs to recover 🤣

• @The Krazy Wabbit said:
    Purchased. Watched the tutorial video that was put out last month. Didn’t want to add another app that sat on the shelf. Looks very cool and agree on the UI.

No more apps! The wallet needs to recover 🤣

Nice! They deserve the sales, they put in so much work and it's really very cheap even at full price by the standards of today's desktop ports.

• Join us today at 16:00 GMT on YouTube for a BAM livestream with Lucas!

It’s been a while, but we’re back with a BAM-JAM, as Lucas is here to take everyone on a tour of our brand new product BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker!

See how BAM works, get a feel of its workflow, plus tips and tricks, and interact with us live with your comments and questions in the chat!

Hang out and BAM-out, live from Imaginando HQ at 16:00 GMT.

• @sinosoidal said:

Join us today at 16:00 GMT on YouTube for a BAM livestream with Lucas!

It’s been a while, but we’re back with a BAM-JAM, as Lucas is here to take everyone on a tour of our brand new product BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker!

See how BAM works, get a feel of its workflow, plus tips and tricks, and interact with us live with your comments and questions in the chat!

Will the stream remain on the record?

• @solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

Yes, for sure!

• @sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

Yes, for sure!

Ok. Thanks.

• Bought, the beta totally sold me on it. Very excited to see it mature and develop further.

• edited November 2023

Apparently Jade Starr is also having a livestream featuring BAM today starting around 4PM Eastern Time. They mentioned it in the chat during the one up above.

• edited November 2023

Just bought it, promising app, compact interface, switching between the different screens works smooth. I like them all, Strokes, Groove Rider, Pure Acid, Drambo, Gadget.

I am reading the manual, and I could not find a scale function in keyboard mode or the piano roll screen. LK sequencer also doesn't have this, as far as I know?

And I could not get Loopy Pro recording something, and run in sync with the master BPM, but that will be 100% my error, I am not experienced enough with Loopy Pro as an AU.

I like the randomize function, to get some notes going. Trigger is still a bit vague to me.

• @raabje said:
    Just bought it, promising app, compact interface, switching between the different screens works smooth. I like them all, Strokes, Groove Rider, Pure Acid, Drambo, Gadget.

I am reading the manual, and I could not find a scale function in keyboard mode or the piano roll screen. LK sequencer also doesn't have this, as far as I know?

And I could not get Loopy Pro recording something, and run in sync with the master BPM, but that will be 100% my error, I am not experienced enough with Loopy Pro as an AU.

I like the randomize function, to get some notes going. Trigger is still a bit vague to me.

I couldn't find a scale option either, I hope it's there though.

• @raabje said:

LK has a great scale function. You can even customize your scale.
    BAM seems to have no scale function. Hopefully they add the same that LK has.

• edited November 2023

@Darkstring said:
    LK has a great scale function. You can even customize your scale.
    BAM seems to have no scale function. Hopefully they add the same that LK has.

Ok, thanks, I checked and indeed there is a scale function in LK, the piano keys in the chosen scale and key are marked with a red dot. That is clever, so you can still play chromatic notes outside of the scale. If this functionality can be added to BAM, that would be great.

A arpeggiator function would be nice too, although it can lead to cheesy or bland stuff quickly.

• @raabje said:
    A arpeggiator function would be nice too, although it can lead to cheesy or bland stuff quickly.

MIDI effect slot would do the job better since we could use really advanced arpeggiators like Cream.

• Probably a stupid question but does this have MIDI out for external gear? Thanks!

• I have found my way around it pretty quickly, the ease of step automation is great.

An awesome thing has a related downer unless I’ve missed something…
    Sampling itself (main output) is great but i feel its missing fine sample editing and “cropping”.
    If that’s improved I would say its the most convenient Groovebox internal resampling on ios, that I’m aware of.

• @A_Fox said:
    I have found my way around it pretty quickly, the ease of step automation is great.

Sampling itself (main output) is great but i feel its missing fine sample editing and “cropping”.
    If that’s improved I would say its the most convenient Groovebox internal resampling on ios, that I’m aware of.

You can set the in/out of a sample, but I think you can only "crop" an in-app recorded sample.

There's tons they want to add and refine, but I think they're still trying to get the foundation absolutely rock solid before they build in more features and refinements.

For me, it's already as much as I'd hoped for... and it's very stable. There's just a few stability kinks they're still trying to work out.

They'll get there and I'm certain it will evolve into even greater heights in due time. :)

• The sequencer is great. In matrix view you create a line with clips on the channels, each with there own length. And then you set how many times a whole row with clips repeat and go futher with the next line. Instead of "next" there are other possibilities.

Maybe other sequencers have this too, could be, but this is the first time I use it myself.

And I wonder, for an update, would it be possible to ghost copy a clip? So the clip get's a clone that can be copied in the matrix, if you edit the source, the cloned clip changes too. I used this when I had Logic on my windows computer.

• @skiphunt said:

@A_Fox said:
    I have found my way around it pretty quickly, the ease of step automation is great.

You can set the in/out of a sample, but I think you can only "crop" an in-app recorded sample.

There's tons they want to add and refine, but I think they're still trying to get the foundation absolutely rock solid before they build in more features and refinements.

For me, it's already as much as I'd hoped for... and it's very stable. There's just a few stability kinks they're still trying to work out.

They'll get there and I'm certain it will evolve into even greater heights in due time. :)

Yes, it definitely seems to have a nice workflow that actually flows easily. I’ll be spending some time with it 😁

• This app is so cool. I’m surprised that there was much more comments before it was available than now that everyone can use it for real

• I find it is difficult to select audio units. The list is tiny, hard to select, and only shows 5 units when I need to scroll through 100 of them.

@cuscolima said:
    This app is so cool. I’m surprised that there was much more comments before it was available than now that everyone can use it for real

• @5k3105 said:
    I find it is difficult to select audio units. The list is tiny, hard to select, and only shows 5 units when I need to scroll through 100 of them.

@cuscolima said:
    This app is so cool. I’m surprised that there was much more comments before it was available than now that everyone can use it for real

There is a search field if you push down the list.

• @cuscolima said:

Maybe everyone’s too busy using it to comment lol. There’s an active discord as well. I know I’m using it quite a bit still.

• @cuscolima said:

Yes surprises me too. I like it a lot, I have no urge or gas to buy a hardware groovebox.

@sinosoidal , would be nice if there is a roadmap available for future development.

scale function and clip clone/ghost copy would be welcome.

• @sinosoidal said:

@5k3105 said:
    I find it is difficult to select audio units. The list is tiny, hard to select, and only shows 5 units when I need to scroll through 100 of them.

@cuscolima said:

Yeah i know. You put a lot of effort into your preset browser / tagging and search. I wish selecting an audio unit was as nice. I usually am browsing auv more often than presets. Also looking again, the list box usually only shows 4 units at a time and if Im in search mode I can only see 3 at a time.
    On a positive note, i love how midi learn is set up. Very intuitive. Thanks!

• edited November 2023

I was thinking, if BAM and Loopy Pro would make a love child, that would be a great app. I like Loopy Pro to record my guitar. And BAM to compose some basic backing tracks.

I still have to get Loopy Pro working as an AUM inside BAM, maybe it is easier than I think it is. Or the other way around, BAM inside Loopy Pro.

• @5k3105 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@5k3105 said:

@cuscolima said:

Yeah i know. You put a lot of effort into your preset browser / tagging and search. I wish selecting an audio unit was as nice. I usually am browsing auv more often than presets. Also looking again, the list box usually only shows 4 units at a time and if Im in search mode I can only see 3 at a time.
    On a positive note, i love how midi learn is set up. Very intuitive. Thanks!

Most AU hosts on iPad OS have below par AU picker functionally, personally I would love to see a favourites option @sinosoidal maybe something to add to the road map. We need to get iOS AU hosts up to the standard of some desktop DAWs in the AU search and selection functionality area. AUBE maybe the way to go.

• I may have missed this in the prior 24 pages, but anyone else having sync issues when using it as an instrument inside Logic?

• @raabje said:
    I was thinking, if BAM and Loopy Pro would make a love child, that would be a great app. I like Loopy Pro to record my guitar. And BAM to compose some basic backing tracks.

I still have to get Loopy Pro working as an AUM inside BAM, maybe it is easier than I think it is. Or the other way around, BAM inside Loopy Pro.

I’d suggest BAM inside Loopy

• I was/am on the beta for a good while now. I still love opening BAM and start playing around. Not just for beats stuff, but also for weird soundtrack experiments.

I most often choose to use it in standalone, but it’s really fun in AUM, apeMatrix too… using its midi in/outs.

Anyway, I usually get a little burned out after the new app smell wears off… but BAM is even more fun now than when I first opened it about 2 months ago :)