Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• @Tentype said:
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record on this forum... Can BAM's sequencer record and playback MPE? Haven't found any info about that yet.

If not now is it on the roadmap?

I know Imaginando knows their way around MPE because I recently developed a love affair with DRC. Swoon 💕

@sinosoidal ?

MPE support is not currently our top priority. There are a lot of important stuff that need to be deployed first. We are planning a public roadmap so people what can expect from BAM.

Glad to hear that you are in love with DRC though! :blush:

• We have released one more tutorial:

Project Manager - BAM Manual - Chapter 8

• edited January 3

Hello! I can use Apple Pencil in BAM overall, but not to change the parameter knobs. Is this a setting somewhere I missing?

• @Prappe said:
    Hello! I can use Apple Pencil in BAM overall, but not to change the parameter knobs. Is this a setting somewhere I missing?

That is currently a bug. We are investigating.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Prappe said:

Ahaa okey :) thanks!

• @Prappe said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Prappe said:

Ahaa okey :) thanks!

After some investigation we have found that this is currently a bug in the underlying platform we use. I believe we will have a workaround. The workaround should be published on the next beta build of 1.0.5 that is currently under testing. Do you want to join the beta testing? If so, please send me pvt message with your email. Thanks!

• edited January 6

We are making a giveaway contest on our Instagram channel. We have 24 desktop licenses of BAM to giveaway. To enter the contest you just need to follow Imaginando on instagram, like the post and tag three friends in the comments. This is the post:

• Maybe this been mentioned already, if so: sorry for the repetition.
    @sinosoidal
    Apple Pencil does not work on knobs (buttons works fine) so I have to resort to finger (sorry for the shaky example). This is in AUM but I just tested stand alone and pencil doesn't work there either.

• @Pxlhg said:
    Maybe this been mentioned already, if so: sorry for the repetition.
    @sinosoidal
    Apple Pencil does not work on knobs (buttons works fine) so I have to resort to finger (sorry for the shaky example). This is in AUM but I just tested stand alone and pencil doesn't work there either.

Hi. Thanks for reporting. It is already fixed on 1.0.5 beta. Send me a private message and I will put you on the beta if you want. Best

• @sinosoidal said:

@Pxlhg said:
    @sinosoidal

Hi. Thanks for reporting. It is already fixed on 1.0.5 beta. Send me a private message and I will put you on the beta if you want. Best

Oh, that's great. Thanks but no thanks to the beta, I've gathered beta testing (if you're serious) is a lot of work and responsibility and too many folks just want it to have the latest but do no actual testing.

• @Pxlhg said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Pxlhg said:
    @sinosoidal

Oh, that's great. Thanks but no thanks to the beta, I've gathered beta testing (if you're serious) is a lot of work and responsibility and too many folks just want it to have the latest but do no actual testing.

No worries. We are closing 1.0.5 and it should be released soon.

• The sale price is over isn’t it? Based on the app store description. Or is that $30 the sale price?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    The sale price is over isn’t it? Based on the app store description. Or is that $30 the sale price?

Sorry, the sale was only for the weekend.

• Is there a way to chop samples?
    Maybe I'm missing something, but i've been trying to figure out how to do it for about an hour and I think i'm going crazy.

• @yodabe said:
    Is there a way to chop samples?
    Maybe I'm missing something, but i've been trying to figure out how to do it for about an hour and I think i'm going crazy.

Not yet. We have been discussing ideas for a new engine that would allow that but right now is no more than a discussion.

• @yodabe said:

I was experimenting with chopping samples in Auditor and using modulation to change the sample selection, but it was suboptimal for trying to hack breaks together. Better to use an AU like Koala or Segments that’s more suited to the task.

• @yodabe said:

I'm thinking the same thing. Koala as auv3 solves all problems with samples. And moreover, there is a built-in sequencer.

• BAM 1.0.5 released with the following changes:

• Added FX Phaser engine
    • Added support to external midi controllers
    • Added Midi Processors support
    • Added AUv3 learned parameters removal
    • Saturator is now called Burner and has a new design
    • Increased max FX slots to 5
    • Ajust combobox size to its content
    • Fixes exported audio not looping correctly
    • Fixes retrigger timing issues with higher buffer size
    • Fixes crash when working on imported midi files
    • Fixes engine parameters modulation after undo/redo engine switch
    • Fixes modulator modulation amount parameters not being able to be added to automations
    • Fixes restarting playback occasionally restarting clips incorrectly
    • Fixes transport restart not restarting scenes' progress
    • Fixes Master Track floating window FX engines visibility when selecting an engine track
    • Fixes Sampler legato behaviour
    • Fixes crash when midi learning for more than 64 parameters
    • Fixes dropdown parameters undo/redo
    • Fixes dropdown parameters automation
    • Fixes crash when importing midi files with more than 16 tracks or SYSEX info
    • Fixes combo boxes display in engine windows
    • Fixes note properties automations when importing midi files
    • Fixes interaction problems while using apple pencil with knobs/sliders
    • Fixes stuck notes when playing pads while changing track's note
  • 👀👀👀 very exciting update!

• @sinosoidal Thank you for this update, been playing around with the app and was mostly looking forward to using midi apps like Scaler 2 and Chordjam etc. They do register but the problem is when trying to record notes played on these apps keyboards they don’t record in the piano roll. Also I just loaded Chordjam and BAM just randomly recorded notes un triggered and started making a glitch noise. I closed the app and restarted but still this noise was on. I made a screen recording of this bug.

• Also getting a sustained note that continues to play even when BAM has stopped.

• unfortunately, the bug with bluetooth headphones has still not been fixed. BAM runs way too fast (128 bpm instead of 120 bpm) or out of sync with other apps. an app on an ipad (mobile device !) without a headphone jack is pretty useless for me. i can't take an audio interface and wired headphones with me everywhere. all other music apps work fine with bluetooth headphones.

• @jobeats said:
    @sinosoidal Thank you for this update, been playing around with the app and was mostly looking forward to using midi apps like Scaler 2 and Chordjam etc. They do register but the problem is when trying to record notes played on these apps keyboards they don’t record in the piano roll. Also I just loaded Chordjam and BAM just randomly recorded notes un triggered and started making a glitch noise. I closed the app and restarted but still this noise was on. I made a screen recording of this bug.

@jobeats said:
    Also getting a sustained note that continues to play even when BAM has stopped.

Sorry, we don't test with all the available apps in the market. We will get this ones and fix the problem as soon as possible.

• @TomNoise said:
    unfortunately, the bug with bluetooth headphones has still not been fixed. BAM runs way too fast (128 bpm instead of 120 bpm) or out of sync with other apps. an app on an ipad (mobile device !) without a headphone jack is pretty useless for me. i can't take an audio interface and wired headphones with me everywhere. all other music apps work fine with bluetooth headphones.

Yes, you are correct. We were still unable to pick that one up. We didn't want to delay even further this release as it introduces a lot of important things like midi fx and hardware controllers support.

More problems will arise for sure but we are here to fix and improve.

• That's really great !
    maybe I'm missing it , but is it possible to import midi files ? I did not find a way to midi map the scene on the master channel ( with cc or note) , it could be very useful (but here too I might have missed that).
    And juste a suggestion, could it be possible to add an audio input ? it could be very useful for some Auv3 ( koala for exemple)
    it's really an open door to the outside world, including playing with live musicians, vocals, etc.

That's really a nice groovebox, congratulations !

• Yes, import of midifiles would take this to next level.

• @128BPM said:
    Yes, import of midifiles would take this to next level.

MIDI import is already possible. Long press the pattern and choose import

• thanks a lot !

• @damstraversaz said:
    That's really great !
    maybe I'm missing it , but is it possible to import midi files ? I did not find a way to midi map the scene on the master channel ( with cc or note) , it could be very useful (but here too I might have missed that).
    And juste a suggestion, could it be possible to add an audio input ? it could be very useful for some Auv3 ( koala for exemple)
    it's really an open door to the outside world, including playing with live musicians, vocals, etc.

That's really a nice groovebox, congratulations !

There is already an audio input engine. You can have effects after it on the chain of processing

• edited January 20

@cuscolima said:

@128BPM said:
    Yes, import of midifiles would take this to next level.

MIDI import is already possible. Long press the pattern and choose import

Whaaat 😱
    I’ve never got it to work, haha, sorry for my stupidity 🐥

Tonight I will try to take it to next level