Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• edited November 2023

@sinosoidal said:

@HotStrange said:

@Optahealth said:
    Please increase the font size in the app. Some of the text/labels are incredibly difficult to see, even with glasses.

I don’t know if that’s gonna happen. It would require a redesign of the UI to make everything fit I would imagine. It’s already a tight squeeze. Bigger fonts would make it a lot harder to navigate and make it super cluttered. Not sure I’d enjoy using the app if it was that cluttered.

Maybe an option to increase if you need to but not simply just making the fonts bigger.

The labels were a bit bigger and we know this is a problem right now. The problem is that many parameters labels would get trimmed which was also not pleasant. We need to find a solution. Maybe by tighten the space between the chars. Let's see what we can do.

The font sizes and some of the low contrast UI elements are a big issue for me (I am a bit short sighted), and they are actually holding me back to use the app regularly at the moment. I already gave feedback via Testflight, but did not hear anything back.

One of my suggestions is to at least increase the readability of the knob values displayed in the top rack by gaining screen estate through having only one line of text per knob and using a similar approach as in DRC: Have the label above the knob, and only display the value when the knob is moved. The current implementation with displaying these values permanently in very low contrast grey does not work for me.

• edited November 2023

@HotStrange said:

@Optahealth said:
    Please increase the font size in the app. Some of the text/labels are incredibly difficult to see, even with glasses.

I don’t know if that’s gonna happen. It would require a redesign of the UI to make everything fit I would imagine. It’s already a tight squeeze. Bigger fonts would make it a lot harder to navigate and make it super cluttered. Not sure I’d enjoy using the app if it was that cluttered.

Maybe an option to increase if you need to but not simply just making the fonts bigger.

At the very least, when you adjusting a dial and a numeric value is displayed, make it pop out bigger, so you can actually see the number.

Or increase the size of the smallest fonts, some are ok.
    The contrast on the light grey could be greatly improved.

• @Optahealth said:

@HotStrange said:

@Optahealth said:

At the very least, when you adjusting a dial and a numeric value is displayed, make it pop out bigger, so you can actually see the number.

Or increase the size of the smallest fonts, some are ok.
    The contrast on the light grey could be greatly improved.

This could work. There’s a dev who’s apps do this but the name escapes me right now.

• edited November 2023

New video manual episode published on our YT channel:

Matrix Panel - BAM Manual - Chapter 3

• Tell me. I plug in my Modal Argon and don't watch the stereo when playing the synthesizer sound. Everything is fine in AUM-the synthesizer sounds stereo. What am I doing wrong?

• We are testing MIDI FX support. > @solncekreeze said:

Tell me. I plug in my Modal Argon and don't watch the stereo when playing the synthesizer sound. Everything is fine in AUM-the synthesizer sounds stereo. What am I doing wrong?

We have investigated. It is a bug. We have opened issue. Thanks for reporting this.

• edited December 2023

We have released one more episode of BAM's Video Manual - Chapter 4 - Automations Panel

• We have released one more episode of BAM's Video Manual - Chapter 5 - Composer Panel

• Wow, thanks for the tutorials!

• @sinosoidal said:
    We are testing MIDI FX support.

Great to hear! This feature will really be useful for a lot of people :)

• @drewinnit said:

@sinosoidal said:
    We are testing MIDI FX support.

Great to hear! This feature will really be useful for a lot of people :)

We wanted to put it on 1.0.4 but it will need to be fine tuned. It will be post pone for 1.0.5. We are aiming the release of 1.0.4 as soon as possible with a lot of stability fixes.

• @sinosoidal fantastic, appreciate your hard work and def understand that stability trumps a shiny new feature ;)

• @solncekreeze said:
    Tell me. I plug in my Modal Argon and don't watch the stereo when playing the synthesizer sound. Everything is fine in AUM-the synthesizer sounds stereo. What am I doing wrong?

Can you please try the latest beta version of 1.0.4 (build 77)? We have added under settings an option to select the input channel of the sound card. With the built in microphone it should only have a single option "1", but with a stereo card connected it should have "1", "2", "1/2". Changing to "1/2" should allow you to get the sound in stereo inside the audio input engine.

• @sinosoidal , having a few app errors recently.
    Hosted in AUM, I have a blank (grey) screen instead of the expected UI. Has happened several time in the last week.
    Had a complete app crash happen in the last week.
    iPad Pro11”M1, ios17.2

• @gsm909 said:
    @sinosoidal , having a few app errors recently.
    Hosted in AUM, I have a blank (grey) screen instead of the expected UI. Has happened several time in the last week.
    iPad Pro11”M1, ios17.2

This might happen if you have a lot of instances and you reload them. It might also depend on the device and available memory. I would say that using more than one BAM is overkill. BAM is a complex application and requires a lot memory.

• Why don't you use one BAM, enable multi track output and apply the effects via AUM busses?

• @sinosoidal said:

@gsm909 said:
    iPad Pro11”M1, ios17.2

This might happen if you have a lot of instances and you reload them. It might also depend on the device and available memory. I would say that using more than one BAM is overkill. BAM is a complex application and requires a lot memory.

One question. Are you using 1.0.3 from the App Store or 1.0.4 from TestFlight?

• edited December 2023

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

Can you please try the latest beta version of 1.0.4 (build 77)? We have added under settings an option to select the input channel of the sound card. With the built in microphone it should only have a single option "1", but with a stereo card connected it should have "1", "2", "1/2". Changing to "1/2" should allow you to get the sound in stereo inside the audio input engine.

Yes. I didn't see it at first. I found it in the settings-everything is in stereo. Thank you very much.

• @solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

Yes. I didn't see it at first. I found it in the settings-everything is in stereo. Thank you very much.

Awesome! Glad it is fixed now! :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@sinosoidal said:

@gsm909 said:
    iPad Pro11”M1, ios17.2

Using 1.03 from the AppStore.
    I’ve only loaded 1 instance of BAM in the photo above, with 3 outputs used. CPU around 40%, so nothing strenuous being done.

• @gsm909 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@sinosoidal said:

@gsm909 said:
    iPad Pro11”M1, ios17.2

Using 1.03 from the AppStore.
    I’ve only loaded 1 instance of BAM in the photo above, with 3 outputs used. CPU around 40%, so nothing strenuous being done.

You should definitely try the TestFlight version. It has a lot of fixes. Please send me a pvt message with your email.

• @sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

@sinosoidal said:

@solncekreeze said:

Awesome! Glad it is fixed now! :blush:

Yes, everything works. I'll check it out. If in the future it becomes possible to record audio to a channel with the possibility of looping, it will be generally wonderful. I'm still using LoopyPro.

• edited December 2023

BAM 1.0.4 has been released. This is what has been changed:

• Added 1 more FX slot to all tracks
    • Added track midi output support to external devices
    • Added audio device input channel selection under global settings
    • Improved floating window handling
    • Improved follow actions bars/beat interaction
    • Improvements to stability regarding freeze/crashes
    • Fixed interaction problems when using performance panel while touching a floating window (performance panel or knobs would become stuck)
    • Fixes crash when changing Noise engine noise source parameter
    • Fixes recorder panel share current recorded audio
    • Fixes step activation with midi note pressed not creating a note step modulation
    • Fixes AUv3 engine copy/paste
    • Fixes send solo muting instrument tracks
    • Fixes OSC 2 Pulse Width parameter of Oscillator engine
    • Fixes audio dropouts / glitches when loading a new engine or sample during playback.
    • Fix sampler playback position when changing sample
    • Fix state loading of modulators
    • Fix state loading of saved patches
    • Fix follow action time when duplicating scene
    • Fix sampler sample parameter step automation when switching scene/clip,
    • Fix compressor engine db markers
    • Fix matrix viewport when deleting/creating/duplicating scenes
    • Fix interaction bugs when using apple pencil
    • Fix step automation random value when using mirror action
    • Don't drag matrix when using mouse right button

BAM on the App Store
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bam-beat-maker-music-maker/id1637599765

BAM for Desktop:
    https://www.imaginando.pt/products/bam-beat-maker-and-music-maker

• edited December 2023

We have released one more episode of BAM's Video Manual - Chapter 6 - Mixer Panel

• We have released one more episode of BAM's Video Manual - Chapter 7 - Sample Manager & Factory Soundbank

• I haven’t tried this app, but seeing the constant communication from @sinosoidal in this thread is so encouraging that I am going to take a serious look at this app. Seeing all the posts in this thread inspires confidence in investing time and energy into BAM.

Thanks, Imaginando, for being an amazing developer!

• @animalelder said:
    I haven’t tried this app, but seeing the constant communication from @sinosoidal in this thread is so encouraging that I am going to take a serious look at this app. Seeing all the posts in this thread inspires confidence in investing time and energy into BAM.

Thanks for your kind words. The truth is, there isn't too much information around about BAM yet therefore it is difficult for people to see it's full potential. If you have time, take a look at the following live stream where Lucas builds a drum n bass track from the scratch:

• @animalelder said:
    I haven’t tried this app, but seeing the constant communication from @sinosoidal in this thread is so encouraging that I am going to take a serious look at this app. Seeing all the posts in this thread inspires confidence in investing time and energy into BAM.

Oh man it’s fantastic. Easily the best groovebox on iOS. Super inspiring app too.

• Those videos are awesome

• edited December 2023

At the risk of sounding like a broken record on this forum... Can BAM's sequencer record and playback MPE? Haven't found any info about that yet.

If not now is it on the roadmap?

I know Imaginando knows their way around MPE because I recently developed a love affair with DRC. Swoon 💕

@sinosoidal ?