Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• During the beta my father got really ill and I am his main carer so didn’t give as much feedback etc as I should of
    Also didn’t give it the time required, in the last few hours I have gelled with this and later will report a few bugs I have found
    I missed the pre order price, but will purchase today even though I am on the beta as I think it is worth the money

• In LK couldn’t you choose which drum machine you were using ? So that it narrowed down the keys available in the piano roll,
    Is this in BAM ?
    Or did I just dream it
    Haven’t used LK for ages

• Does BAM allow step recording? I mean you press a key on the screen or a connected MIDI keyboard and the note is entered and the play head / cursor moves to the next step.

• @catherder said:
    Does BAM allow step recording? I mean you press a key on the screen or a connected MIDI keyboard and the note is entered and the play head / cursor moves to the next step.

No, but if you press a step while pressing some notes on your midi keyboard, that step will have the notes you're pressing

• edited November 2023

@xglax said:

@catherder said:
    Does BAM allow step recording? I mean you press a key on the screen or a connected MIDI keyboard and the note is entered and the play head / cursor moves to the next step.

No, but if you press a step while holding some notes on your midi keyboard, that step will create those notes on the clip

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Did you arm the track

that solved it, thanks!

• Not sure if mentioned before or not....in mixer view...the channel volume reference (the horizontal line) is white and it can easily blend with the rest of the db static levels...maybe another colour would make a difference ?!

• edited November 2023

@xglax said:

@xglax said:

@catherder said:

No, but if you press a step while holding some notes on your midi keyboard, that step will create those notes on the clip

that is a step forward. However, real step recording would be great. Many Grooveboxes have that option for a good reason. I will leave them a feature request...

• edited November 2023

I've been using BAM since beta. Like. I hope that the functionality will expand.

• @solncekreeze said:
    Clicks can still be heard when playing samples. Attack changed. But clicks can be heard from the built-in keyboard.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/198ca3gmmcpoeq7avrt74/Click-sampler.mov?rlkey=qzwmj0hntgad6re4l8utus42r&dl=0

Try using "Poly" mode. You're using a slow release and start and a "mono" mode. When the voice is decaying and a new event comes, it will jump from the release stage to the attack. The click happens when the release stage isn't close to zero. Try using the poly mode or shortening the release a little bit

• @xglax said:

@solncekreeze said:
    Clicks can still be heard when playing samples. Attack changed. But clicks can be heard from the built-in keyboard.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/198ca3gmmcpoeq7avrt74/Click-sampler.mov?rlkey=qzwmj0hntgad6re4l8utus42r&dl=0

Try using "Poly" mode. You're using a slow release and start and a "mono" mode. When the voice is decaying and a new event comes, it will jump from the release stage to the attack. The click happens when the release stage isn't close to zero. Try using the poly mode or shortening the release a little bit

Thank you very much. It helped. I sent it to the developer, but it turned out to be a general discussion😁We continue to study BAM.

• Anyone else had an issue with the midi keyboard being transposed by one octave? I’m using DRC as a plugin and when i hit c3 on the BAM piano roll the c4 note lights up on drc internal keyboard.

• @mangecoeur said:
    Anyone else had an issue with the midi keyboard being transposed by one octave? I’m using DRC as a plugin and when i hit c3 on the BAM piano roll the c4 note lights up on drc internal keyboard.

Same here. I already gave @sinosoidal feedback via Testflight about this.

• Just getting into this after work today… anyone else seen a funny whereby the window seems to lose the top half in the standalone? All I did prior to this was change tempo. A shutdown and restart fixed and try as I might, I can’t replicate. Great that a restart returns you to the previous position though. So far (apart from this glitch) pretty good 👍🏼

For info I was running it on an iPad Pro 11inch (2nd Gen) running 17.0.3

Screen grab of what I saw:

• Opened BAM a little after midnight last night, and so far I'm pleased that the UX is much as I was expecting/hoping for. I'm really excited for this instrument. However, there's once thing I'm confused about. One of the features that I've been most excited about is the step sequencer. I find programming drum percussion and/or non-chromatic samples on piano rolls kind of annoying, and I've been looking forward to step sequencing FAC Drumkit, Blip Box, and Sitala. However, I can't figure out how to do so - it seems like there's only one lane for each channel, but mapping multiple step sequencing lanes to to a single channel also seems to be unsupported. Is it possible to step sequence a multi-channel drum/sample instrument without the overhead of multiple instances?

• Bit gutted that I can't play music in live and loop whatever I record on the fly, like in Drambo, once that's added this will be the perfect app for me.

• edited November 2023

@Nasatyuana said:
    Bit gutted that I can't play music in live and loop whatever I record on the fly, like in Drambo, once that's added this will be the perfect app for me.

@Nasatyuana options for audio in are the audio in engine, Loopy Pro , Multitrack. But you are still looking at recording into standalone first then loading the AU.

I haven’t really tried the audio in engine yet I believe it must put recordings into the recorder browser maybe wrong.

With multi track you could use remote points to launch clip loops.

• @ctrl64 said:
    Is it possible to step sequence a multi-channel drum/sample instrument without the overhead of multiple instances?

definitely yes.
    if you're input notes to step sequencer from Bam's keyboard on the bottom, press all notes you need on certain step simultaneously on the keyboard, and then press the step where you want them.
    i just did it successfully with Ruismaker FM.
    also, you can add notes in piano roll view. (not sure how to add in step sequencer view)

• edited November 2023

@ctrl64 said:
    Is it possible to step sequence a multi-channel drum/sample instrument without the overhead of multiple instances?

definitely yes.
    if you're input notes to step sequencer from Bam's keyboard on the bottom, press all notes you want on certain step simultaneously on the keyboard, and then press the step where you want them.
    also, you can add notes to a step in piano roll view. (not possible in step sequencer view)

• @chaocrator said:

@ctrl64 said:

definitely yes.
    if you're input notes to step sequencer from Bam's keyboard on the bottom, press all notes you want on certain step simultaneously on the keyboard, and then press the step where you want them.
    also, you can add notes to a step in piano roll view. (not possible in step sequencer view)

Awesome, thanks for this - this is good to know, and definitely not the workflow I was hoping for. I'll submit some feedback through the appropriate channels. :smile:

• @sinosoidal said:

@chaocrator said:
    @sinosoidal where do I report things properly once it's released?
    in particular about desktop version (since for iPad version i have respective Testflight function)

You can reach us via website or discord. You can also send me a direct message here via audiobus forum.

I'd love to join the Discord. The imaginando.pt contact page says "For technical support send us a message through the chat" with no additional information. As far as I can tell, the string "discord" doesn't appear anywhere on the site. How can I join the Imaginando (or BAM) Discord channel?

• edited November 2023

@ctrl64 said:
    and definitely not the workflow I was hoping for.

the whole step sequencer thing is … um … controversial.
    so looking forward when MIDI effect slot is implemented, and will use something different.

• edited November 2023

(double post)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congrats on the release @sinosoidal

Are you planning iPhone support? Or is it just not workable?

• What sets this apart from other apps out there?

• @Jumpercollins in your loopypro shot above, did you feed audio to loopy pro using the Audio In engine, with Loopy Pro in the effects slot? Just checking you don’t know a way to get audio into loopy without using the Audio In engine? I’m actually interested for Drambo in place of loopy pro, because Drambo in the engine slot offers multi track but doesn’t in the fx slot.

• edited November 2023

@suitsus said:
    @Jumpercollins in your loopypro shot above, did you feed audio to loopy pro using the Audio In engine, with Loopy Pro in the effects slot? Just checking you don’t know a way to get audio into loopy without using the Audio In engine? I’m actually interested for Drambo in place of loopy pro, because Drambo in the engine slot offers multi track but doesn’t in the fx slot.

@suitsus
    No I didn’t (was just showing a screenshot of loopy pro for an example on what you can use for audio). however what you describe, that’s probably the only way to get audio in from an external source for recording at this time. I liked to be proved wrong.

In the manual the audio engine is described as this.

An audio input for processing external sources inside BAM (eg: a microphone or an external synthesizer).

With Loopy Pro in the effects slot you can record in externally for looping.

• @The Krazy Wabbit said:
    What sets this apart from other apps out there?

It’s very quick to get song ideas going with follow actions and clip launching and basically a well thought out GUI that doesn’t send you down Wabbit Holes!. Also the midi learn and modulation is top notch