Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• @sinosoidal - I find the saving of projects to be very annoying. I just want to save a version under its original name quickly using “save”. Instead, if I make a change and save, it defaults to a new name “my name of project” and I then have to change it to the original name, deleting “my” and then getting a prompt asking me if I want to overwrite. I understand why you have set it up this way - perhaps there are users who want endless versions. But I don’t want this behavior - would you be open to having this behavior be optional in settings so that I could turn it off? I just want the option to “save” or “save as”.

• I bought BAM on preorder and I like its workflow and automation abilities. The main downside for me is that I can't bring in my MIDI processors (ie. Riffer, Mozaik, etc). I did email them and they said they want to do it eventually, so that's a good sign. In the meantime how are you all integrating MIDI inputs with BAM?

• @ALB said:
    @sinosoidal - I find the saving of projects to be very annoying. I just want to save a version under its original name quickly using “save”. Instead, if I make a change and save, it defaults to a new name “my name of project” and I then have to change it to the original name, deleting “my” and then getting a prompt asking me if I want to overwrite. I understand why you have set it up this way - perhaps there are users who want endless versions. But I don’t want this behavior - would you be open to having this behavior be optional in settings so that I could turn it off? I just want the option to “save” or “save as”.

"My " is only supposed to be prefixed when the preset is being saved from a factory preset. The problem is when you open the app after being closed, previous state is being inserted into the factory bank.

The SAVE button will be enabled if the patch is loaded from the local and the patch as modified (as an asterisk).

But there are indeed problem and they need to be fixed. I'm sorry for this. We will open an issue.

• @jerps said:
    I bought BAM on preorder and I like its workflow and automation abilities. The main downside for me is that I can't bring in my MIDI processors (ie. Riffer, Mozaik, etc). I did email them and they said they want to do it eventually, so that's a good sign. In the meantime how are you all integrating MIDI inputs with BAM?

That will be our next top priority. Many of you have requested a public roadmap. We need to find the best solution to make this available for the public.

• @sinosoidal is the iphone compatibility planned?

• @szczyp said:
    @sinosoidal is the iphone compatibility planned?

iPhone support will increase our user base, which is good but the work involved in refactoring the application to work on such a small screen is not priority at this point.

• I really like BAM, the way it looks, the way it’s all put together.
    One thing I have found less desirable is when I load a sample it opens up the sample edit window. I can see how this is helpful, but often I’d like to just fire a bunch of nice samples in quickly , get my beat down or whatever, then edit samples as required, in the context of the whole.
    An option to have it open or not would be helpful. It’s not a deal breaker and I still recommend the app highly, but having to close the window every time before loading the next sample gets tedious. Lastly, it can be more tedious as if I’m using my older iPad for sketches etc that window popping up and closing has a little lag, feels slow and clunky. It obscures the screen. So yea, an option to not have it open automatically for sample loading would be cool.

• @HighlandSpring said:
    I really like BAM, the way it looks, the way it’s all put together.
    One thing I have found less desirable is when I load a sample it opens up the sample edit window. I can see how this is helpful, but often I’d like to just fire a bunch of nice samples in quickly , get my beat down or whatever, then edit samples as required, in the context of the whole.
    An option to have it open or not would be helpful. It’s not a deal breaker and I still recommend the app highly, but having to close the window every time before loading the next sample gets tedious. Lastly, it can be more tedious as if I’m using my older iPad for sketches etc that window popping up and closing has a little lag, feels slow and clunky. It obscures the screen. So yea, an option to not have it open automatically for sample loading would be cool.

You have an option on the general preferences "Open engine windows by default". Disable it and when you load a sample or an engine, the window won't open unless you tap the engine device name

• @xglax said:

@HighlandSpring said:
    I really like BAM, the way it looks, the way it’s all put together.

You have an option on the general preferences "Open engine windows by default". Disable it and when you load a sample or an engine, the window won't open unless you tap the engine device name

Ah. I had perused the manual late at night. Thank you very much for that. I rarely post on forums for this reason. Such a long post when there was already a solution! I’m humbled. Thank you.

As I’m here, I also couldn’t find a way to automate AUV3 parameters… can this be done yet? I tapped around and tried to work it out but couldn’t…

• @HighlandSpring said:
    As I’m here, I also couldn’t find a way to automate AUV3 parameters… can this be done yet? I tapped around and tried to work it out but couldn’t…

On the AUv3 window, tap the tool button left of the close button. This will open a new bar on the bottom with a learn button. Turn on "Learn" and click on your desired parameters. A mapping will be done and the mapped parameters will appear on the bottom bar. You can then automate them just like a normal BAM parameter

• @HighlandSpring said:
    Ah. I had perused the manual late at night. Thank you very much for that. I rarely post on forums for this reason. Such a long post when there was already a solution! I’m humbled. Thank you.

Sometimes forums are quicker at resolving problems than manuals =)

• @xglax said:

@HighlandSpring said:

Sometimes forums are quicker at resolving problems than manuals =)

Thank you so much for your kind help. I do enjoy reading manuals, but I hadn’t had time yet with BAM. I’ll be using this info later this evening now. All the best!

• @sinosoidal said:

@ALB said:
    @sinosoidal - I find the saving of projects to be very annoying. I just want to save a version under its original name quickly using “save”. Instead, if I make a change and save, it defaults to a new name “my name of project” and I then have to change it to the original name, deleting “my” and then getting a prompt asking me if I want to overwrite. I understand why you have set it up this way - perhaps there are users who want endless versions. But I don’t want this behavior - would you be open to having this behavior be optional in settings so that I could turn it off? I just want the option to “save” or “save as”.

"My " is only supposed to be prefixed when the preset is being saved from a factory preset. The problem is when you open the app after being closed, previous state is being inserted into the factory bank.

The SAVE button will be enabled if the patch is loaded from the local and the patch as modified (as an asterisk).

But there are indeed problem and they need to be fixed. I'm sorry for this. We will open an issue.

Hmmm. Ok. I was having this problem in my local folder, but Perhaps this was just a result of user error.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I’d suggest BAM inside Loopy

Okay, thanks for pointing me to this. I only need some extra spare time to dive into is and get it up and running.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@5k3105 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@5k3105 said:
    I find it is difficult to select audio units. The list is tiny, hard to select, and only shows 5 units when I need to scroll through 100 of them.

@cuscolima said:
    This app is so cool. I’m surprised that there was much more comments before it was available than now that everyone can use it for real

There is a search field if you push down the list.

Yeah i know. You put a lot of effort into your preset browser / tagging and search. I wish selecting an audio unit was as nice. I usually am browsing auv more often than presets. Also looking again, the list box usually only shows 4 units at a time and if Im in search mode I can only see 3 at a time.
    On a positive note, i love how midi learn is set up. Very intuitive. Thanks!

Most AU hosts on iPad OS have below par AU picker functionally, personally I would love to see a favourites option @sinosoidal maybe something to add to the road map. We need to get iOS AU hosts up to the standard of some desktop DAWs in the AU search and selection functionality area. AUBE maybe the way to go.

The problem with AUBE is that you must switch your keyboard. So its not convenient to use. And it doesnt allow a favorites star or your own personal categories. Something exactly like Imaginados preset browser would be ideal i think.

It would have been nice if auv3 hosts could embed themselves, like aum in bam with hosting auv3 as a slot. But nobody does this, so probably not allowed.

• @sinosoidal

Are there any plans to make switching between projects seamless during playing? Similar to GR-16.

Personally I think this is a must have feature for a groovebox.

• @skiphunt said:
    I was/am on the beta for a good while now. I still love opening BAM and start playing around. Not just for beats stuff, but also for weird soundtrack experiments.

I most often choose to use it in standalone, but it’s really fun in AUM, apeMatrix too… using its midi in/outs.

Anyway, I usually get a little burned out after the new app smell wears off… but BAM is even more fun now than when I first opened it about 2 months ago :)

You’re not wrong. The more I use it the more I love it. It’s been taking up probably 50% of my time since the beta months ago.

Also it’s pretty fun as an effect in AUM also. The built in fx are good enough to process any other audio too.

I actually haven’t used it in AUM as a midi sequencer since the official version came out. I need to do that again.

• @5k3105 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@5k3105 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@5k3105 said:
    I find it is difficult to select audio units. The list is tiny, hard to select, and only shows 5 units when I need to scroll through 100 of them.

@cuscolima said:
    This app is so cool. I’m surprised that there was much more comments before it was available than now that everyone can use it for real

Yeah i know. You put a lot of effort into your preset browser / tagging and search. I wish selecting an audio unit was as nice. I usually am browsing auv more often than presets. Also looking again, the list box usually only shows 4 units at a time and if Im in search mode I can only see 3 at a time.

Most AU hosts on iPad OS have below par AU picker functionally, personally I would love to see a favourites option @sinosoidal maybe something to add to the road map. We need to get iOS AU hosts up to the standard of some desktop DAWs in the AU search and selection functionality area. AUBE maybe the way to go.

The problem with AUBE is that you must switch your keyboard. So its not convenient to use. And it doesnt allow a favorites star or your own personal categories. Something exactly like Imaginados preset browser would be ideal i think.

It would have been nice if auv3 hosts could embed themselves, like aum in bam with hosting auv3 as a slot. But nobody does this, so probably not allowed.

You can add tags to make searching for specific groups of apps easier and it absolutely has a favorites category. Just click on the star next to the app and it will show up in your favorites on your dashboard.

• The BAM sampler automation doesn't work well for me. I load in a long sample and then Learn to automate the 'Start' parameter, to program or randomize different 'slices' in the step sequencer. But it seems it can't consistently play from the automated start point and sometimes retains the last played start position. This is also combined with some odd behaviour of the sample changing pitch (even though I never automated any transpose or fine-tune). Is anyone else experiencing this? It's a shame, because I wanted to use a sampler-heavy workflow (similar to how you can randomize slices in Egoist)

• @rickicino said:
    The BAM sampler automation doesn't work well for me. I load in a long sample and then Learn to automate the 'Start' parameter, to program or randomize different 'slices' in the step sequencer. But it seems it can't consistently play from the automated start point and sometimes retains the last played start position. This is also combined with some odd behaviour of the sample changing pitch (even though I never automated any transpose or fine-tune). Is anyone else experiencing this? It's a shame, because I wanted to use a sampler-heavy workflow (similar to how you can randomize slices in Egoist)

Can you please share a video? That might help understanding.

• @sinosoidal said:

@rickicino said:
    The BAM sampler automation doesn't work well for me. I load in a long sample and then Learn to automate the 'Start' parameter, to program or randomize different 'slices' in the step sequencer. But it seems it can't consistently play from the automated start point and sometimes retains the last played start position. This is also combined with some odd behaviour of the sample changing pitch (even though I never automated any transpose or fine-tune). Is anyone else experiencing this? It's a shame, because I wanted to use a sampler-heavy workflow (similar to how you can randomize slices in Egoist)

quick recording (its easy to replicate): https://streamable.com/br0z29. The first playthrough it ignores the start point, second playthrough it picks up the right start point. Couldn't capture the weird transpose behaviour in this one, will see if I can record a video for that as well

• @HotStrange said:

@5k3105 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@5k3105 said:

@sinosoidal said:

@5k3105 said:

@cuscolima said:

You can add tags to make searching for specific groups of apps easier and it absolutely has a favorites category. Just click on the star next to the app and it will show up in your favorites on your dashboard.

Oh nice. You’re right Thanks!

• @sinosoidal said:

@rickicino said:

here's one with the transpose issue as well: https://streamable.com/7gpjp3. This seems to only occur when you set a different transpose on the sampler device itself, after which some automation seems to shift the transpose during the sequence

• @reezygle said:
    @sinosoidal

Are there any plans to make switching between projects seamless during playing? Similar to GR-16.

We will eventually add it when the architecture is more robust since it requires two whole songs ready to play at the same time so there are no glitches when switching them.

• edited November 2023

@sinosoidal said:

@reezygle said:
    @sinosoidal

We will eventually add it when the architecture is more robust since it requires two whole songs ready to play at the same time so there are no glitches when switching them.

that is great news, this feature would be great <3

can definitely see myself writing some live sets with BAM in the future

• @sinosoidal said:

@szczyp said:
    @sinosoidal is the iphone compatibility planned?

iPhone support will increase our user base, which is good but the work involved in refactoring the application to work on such a small screen is not priority at this point.

Thank you for the answer. Firstly I thinked in compare to GR-16 „UI can stay the same, we have Magnifier function on the iPhone”… but I understand its not as easy, because standalone BAM allow for auv3, so everything on UI should be prepared to small details. And different modela of iPhone have different space screen with camera islands…. Anyway thank you for reply, at least we know you are really care about customers.

• edited November 2023

@sinosoidal :Thanks for the tutorials and product support..Looks great , will be purchasing shortly.
    UI looks great but would be too cluttered on iphone, not at all necessary IMO.

• sorry if already mentioned or not...is it possible to loop region inside a recorded clip?

• @Sergiu said:
    sorry if already mentioned or not...is it possible to loop region inside a recorded clip?

There is a loop function on the timeline panel. You can select the zone of the clip, the loop zone is selected using the SHIFT+SLIDE VIEW PORT NAVIGATOR. There is a button to enable and disable the loop function.

• Thank you! @sinosoidal said:

@Sergiu said:
    sorry if already mentioned or not...is it possible to loop region inside a recorded clip?

There is a loop function on the timeline panel. You can select the zone of the clip, the loop zone is selected using the SHIFT+SLIDE VIEW PORT NAVIGATOR. There is a button to enable and disable the loop function.