Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Async Sampler

Comments

• @Froggo_Lab said:

@skiphunt said:

@Froggo_Lab said:

@Simon said:

I think you can set regions or sections and trigger them via MIDI?

Async Sampler can do this too

That’s awesome 🤩 I hadn’t tried that yet!

LOVE Async’s interface. Everything just makes intuitive sense without unnecessary fluff.

Off to go try out Async’s region triggering. Thank you for this excellent app! :)

Thank you!!!

Just discovered the “random playback” in sync mode via the Async manual. That feature is a lot of great 😊 fun 🤩

• If anyone’s been considering this one, it’s down to $7.99 this morning… $10 less seems a bit more budget friendly.

• @wormfood said:
    If anyone’s been considering this one, it’s down to $7.99 this morning… $10 less seems a bit more budget friendly

Very much worth it IMO

• edited April 12

For this price its a no-brainer for me. Especially since I played with it. Instantly one of my favorite ios apps. Im only finding a problem with clicks in loops in sync mode. This is expected behaviour if not adressed, but it needs a fix for me. Other than that im over the moon about it.

Ps: i just noticed my user presets created in standalone are invisible in auv3 mode

• @Crano said:
    For this price its a no-brainer for me. Especially since I played with it. Instantly one of my favorite ios apps. Im only finding a problem with clicks in loops in sync mode. This is expected behaviour if not adressed, but it needs a fix for me. Other than that im over the moon about it.

Ps: i just noticed my user presets created in standalone are invisible in auv3 mode

The issue with clicks and the ability to see AUv3 and Standalone presets simultaneously is in our task list. We will definitely fix this. Thank you so much.

• Does anyone know if the app makes its own copy of imported samples, or just a reference to its location?

I’m interested in getting this, but really low on storage so would be looking to bring in samples from an external SSD. Checked the manual but there’s no mention of sample management.

• @oldsynthguy said:
    Does anyone know if the app makes its own copy of imported samples, or just a reference to its location?

I’m interested in getting this, but really low on storage so would be looking to bring in samples from an external SSD. Checked the manual but there’s no mention of sample management.

Ipad file storage is strange. Copies aren't actual duplicates, they're just shortcuts.

• @Froggo_Lab said:

@Crano said:

The issue with clicks and the ability to see AUv3 and Standalone presets simultaneously is in our task list. We will definitely fix this. Thank you so much.

Thats great to hear! The click issue is the major problem here to be able to use it seriously. Zero crossing would be amazing. But im not sure if thats something that is universally applicable. Anyway looking forward to the update 🙏🏻

• Curious. How is this significantly different than Loopy Pro? I do like the straightforward UI tho.

• @oldsynthguy said:
    Does anyone know if the app makes its own copy of imported samples, or just a reference to its location?

Currently, Async Sampler makes copies, but we may want to change this behavior in the future so that the app references the location instead.

• @day_empire said:
    Curious. How is this significantly different than Loopy Pro? I do like the straightforward UI tho.

As far as we understand, Loopy Pro is primarily a looper, while Async Sampler is more like a musical instrument or a tool for sound design rather than a traditional looper.

• edited April 12

@day_empire said:
    Curious. How is this significantly different than Loopy Pro? I do like the straightforward UI tho.

I was wondering the same before I bought Async. But quickly came to realize that Async is more of an instrument that uses looping at its basis and Loopy Pro is more focused on capturing loops. It basically comes down to streamlined workflow (which is really good on async). But also functions like the random looper option are probably not to be found in loopy pro. I could imagine using async sampler inside of loopy pro.

• 5 stars! Great fun: a few instances of this with an extra lfo going in AUM. Thank you!

• edited April 13

Few questions about files...

How does file management work? Are there folders for organization? Will we be able to add folders/batches of files soon? And can the auv3 access the same files in the standalone? Thanks!

• Are the samples saved on the AUv3 state?

Is there a “crop” function?

Is drag and drop planned/implemented?

• Very nice.

• This might of already been answered, but this will lock 3 different samples to the same BPM?

• @Drrabbitfoot said:
    This might of already been answered, but this will lock 3 different samples to the same BPM?

Yep, it has bpm sync

• @FordTimeLord said:

@Drrabbitfoot said:
    This might of already been answered, but this will lock 3 different samples to the same BPM?

Yep, it has bpm sync

So if this is used for something with a beat that you want synced with other stuff like a sequencer, that would mean making sure the samples are bpm like 90, then setting thr host bpm to 90, right?

And when you import samples, can you make your own subfolders?

• edited April 13

@NoncompliantBryant said:

@FordTimeLord said:

@Drrabbitfoot said:

Yep, it has bpm sync

So if this is used for something with a beat that you want synced with other stuff like a sequencer, that would mean making sure the samples are bpm like 90, then setting thr host bpm to 90, right?

Yes. You can also divide the tempo in two or multiply it. So you could have the host running at 120 and the sample at 60 etc. I haven’t found a way to create sub folders. I’ve not used the app much tbh.

Edit: Actually, I think I may have misread your question. The sample and host bpm don’t need to be the same. It will repitch to fit the host tempo

• @FordTimeLord said:

@FordTimeLord said:

@Drrabbitfoot said:

Yep, it has bpm sync

Yes. You can also divide the tempo in two or multiply it. So you could have the host running at 120 and the sample at 60 etc. I haven’t found a way to create sub folders. I’ve not used the app much tbh.

Edit: Actually, I think I may have misread your question. The sample and host bpm don’t need to be the same. It will repitch to fit the host tempo

Thanks, so beats will be stretched to meet the host tempo (so a 100 bpm 4 beat loop at 120 in host will have 4 beats at 120)? But I’m guessing melodies will be pitched up, unless the sampler can adjust pitch and speed differently like a granular sampler (like iDensity).

• @NoncompliantBryant said:

@FordTimeLord said:

@FordTimeLord said:

@Drrabbitfoot said:

Yep, it has bpm sync

Thanks, so beats will be stretched to meet the host tempo (so a 100 bpm 4 beat loop at 120 in host will have 4 beats at 120)? But I’m guessing melodies will be pitched up, unless the sampler can adjust pitch and speed differently like a granular sampler (like iDensity).

Actually, just looking at it again and it does have a pitch control when in sync mode. It does sound quite granular when playing around with it, I don’t have iDensity though so can’t compare it.

Few questions about files...

How does file management work? Are there folders for organization? Will we be able to add folders/batches of files soon? And can the auv3 access the same files in the standalone? Thanks!

In Async Sampler, there are factory folders, and there is the ability to create your own folders (if you don't create them, all the samples you add will go into the default "user" folder). In the future, we will make it possible to add entire folders at once, rather than one file at a time. We also plan to provide access to files between AUv3 and Standalone, if it possible (we need some RND for this). Additionally, we plan to implement drag and drop functionality for adding samples.

• @cokomairena said:
    Are the samples saved on the AUv3 state?

The paths to the samples are stored in the AUv3 state, yes.

@cokomairena said:
    Is there a “crop” function?

You can adjust the sample start and sample length for this purpose, but there is no separate crop function.

@cokomairena said:
    Is drag and drop planned/implemented?

Drag and drop functionality is planned, yes.

no, you can only create folders, not subfolders

Yes, samples will be stretched to match the host tempo with pitch adjustment. And you can adjust pitch using the pitch knob

• @Froggo_Lab said:

@oldsynthguy said:
    Has anyone tried using this in Ableton Live? I see it's M1 compatible, so it'd be great if it worked as a plug-in.

We haven't tested for stability under such usage scenarios yet

Was going to test in Ableton 12, but I don't even see it show up in the App store on my M1. Purchased yesterday on my ipad. There is no evidence it exists on my desktop system, except if I drill down in my purchase history. Cannot find by searching the app store or under "Account"; neither in Mac Apps nor iPhone & iPad Apps. Is it something particular to Sonoma (14.4.1)?

• @kidslow said:

@Froggo_Lab said:

@oldsynthguy said:
    Has anyone tried using this in Ableton Live? I see it's M1 compatible, so it'd be great if it worked as a plug-in.

We haven't tested for stability under such usage scenarios yet

Was going to test in Ableton 12, but I don't even see it show up in the App store on my M1. Purchased yesterday on my ipad. There is no evidence it exists on my desktop system, except if I drill down in my purchase history. Cannot find by searching the app store or under "Account"; neither in Mac Apps nor iPhone & iPad Apps. Is it something particular to Sonoma (14.4.1)?

If that’s the latest macOS, I’ve downloaded Async Sample and used in standalone on m1 mini. And it shows up in Logic, it doesn’t pass the final validation test, but it still works.

I don’t recall how I navigated to it to download, but I don’t recall it being difficult to find.

• Anybody know if this works well with GarageBand?

• edited April 14

@Froggo_Lab hey, just picked it up. What a wonderful instrument! I love how focused and streamlined it is to use... Loading files on the fly is very quick so the textures can keep evolving without me skipping a beat. The lfo implementation is so well thought out... You guys should be very proud of this release, and I'm very excited for the bulk file transfer so I can load thousands of samples to feed this beauty! You obviously had a very clear and strong vision for your creation.

• @skiphunt said:

@kidslow said:

If that’s the latest macOS, I’ve downloaded Async Sample and used in standalone on m1 mini. And it shows up in Logic, it doesn’t pass the final validation test, but it still works.

I don’t recall how I navigated to it to download, but I don’t recall it being difficult to find.

It is the latest macOS. Yeah normally they just show up in the App Store for me if they are compiled to support Mac. All I can think is something about my version of the OS or I am at a loss. I have been able to use other AUv3 in Live.