Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Async Sampler

12346»

Comments

• So I bought this assuming that it was a sampler but I see no way of sampling into it. is there a way somehow that I’m missing? I may end up asking apple for a refund if not.

• edited April 16

Haha I just answered my own question by reading the posts right above mine. Well it looks cool but without being able to record in I’ll have to pass. Too bad cause it does look pretty rad, but it won’t get on for my workflow.. Not really a sampler though. A sample player.

• edited April 16

Getting really bad glitches when adding an lfo to start point of a sample as well.

• @colorsinspace said:
    Haha I just answered my own question by reading the posts right above mine. Well it looks cool but without being able to record in I’ll have to pass. Too bad cause it does look pretty rad, but it won’t get on for my workflow.. Not really a sampler though. A sample player.

A realtime audio input would take it to the next level. The Morphagene workflow would be ideal.

• edited April 16

@colorsinspace said:
    Not really a sampler though. A sample player.

In a taxonomy of audio effects, sample player would be a subset of sampler.

• @Jökulgil said:
    @Froggo_Lab Async Sampler sale offer of 7.99 runs out 21st…just picked up a copy.

Looking forward to hearing about future updates to access to user sample folders, fix duplicate sample file storage and having a new record function from AUv3 & mic input🤞

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/async-sampler/id6453162970

And to see this available for m1 Mac again! I missed out on when that was possible. I'd love to be able to mangle on my laptop!

• @NoncompliantBryant said:

@Jökulgil said:
    @Froggo_Lab Async Sampler sale offer of 7.99 runs out 21st…just picked up a copy.

Looking forward to hearing about future updates to access to user sample folders, fix duplicate sample file storage and having a new record function from AUv3 & mic input🤞

And to see this available for m1 Mac again! I missed out on when that was possible. I'd love to be able to mangle on my laptop!

No, we haven't tested stability on the M1 yet and haven't updated the build.

• @Jökulgil said:

Yes, we are working on these feature requests :)

• @Froggo_Lab is there a way to see the pitch knob value to make it easier to transpose samples to the same key? I might be missing something.

Also, is there a way to see the delay time value?

Loving the app and excited to have it on m1. Using Idensity as a host on the laptop and having several instances of Async loaded will be an incredible soundscape creator. The two apps compliment each other so well.

is there a way to see the pitch knob value to make it easier to transpose samples to the same key? I might be missing something.

In sync mode, you have a pitch knob, which acts as a pitch shifter.
    In sync mode off, the pitch knob turns into 'speed', which changes the playback speed and pitch accordingly

@NoncompliantBryant said:
    Also, is there a way to see the delay time value?

At the moment, it's only by ear, but we plan to implement indication of the values for all knobs as they are turned

Loving the app and excited to have it on m1. Using Idensity as a host on the laptop and having several instances of Async loaded will be an incredible soundscape creator. The two apps compliment each other so well.

Yes, we will definitely add support for macOS M1 plugins. For now, if you want to use multiple instances of the application simultaneously, you can use it as an AUv3 plugin in your iOS host

• Thanks! Honestly,seeing how responsive you are was a big reason I was interested in Async. I grasped how syncing turns speed into pitch....i was wondering if there's a way to see the semitones for the pitch knob to help with matching keys of samples. Thanks!

..i was wondering if there's a way to see the semitones for the pitch knob to help with matching keys of samples.

If we figure out how to implement it without complicating the UI, we'll likely do it.

• @Froggo_Lab said:

..i was wondering if there's a way to see the semitones for the pitch knob to help with matching keys of samples.

If we figure out how to implement it without complicating the UI, we'll likely do it.

That would be a powerful addition! I've seen other UIs ha d a small readout pop up under the knob when adjusting. In case you're thinking about this, I think it's useful to have a small 'free' and 'semitonr/stepped' toggle button by the knob so people can choose whether they want to adjust pitch just by steps of semitones or have the full range... Otherwise it can be hard to dial in the exact semitones. Either that, or even cleaner, would be having notches/detentes in the knob for semitones that still allow for you to move the knob between notches. Cheers!

• edited May 26

I've made a ton of tracks using Async Sampler, this app is great. The only issue I've run into is it seems there's a cap to how many samples I can load in. After a while it just stopped taking my samples.... Here are some of my mixes/tracks!

@Froggo_Lab is it normal for me to not be able to load in samples anymore. I haven't loaded up TOO many. Maybe 50 or 60 loops.

• @lnkn said:
    I've made a ton of tracks using Async Sampler, this app is great. The only issue I've run into is it seems there's a cap to how many samples I can load in. After a while it just stopped taking my samples.... Here are some of my mixes/tracks!

@Froggo_Lab is it normal for me to not be able to load in samples anymore. I haven't loaded up TOO many. Maybe 50 or 60 loops.

Thanks a lot for the tracks, videos and kind words! We'll fix the issue with loading samples. Thank you for pointing it out; we haven't encountered this bug before.

• @Jökulgil said:
    Hey, how are the updates coming along @Froggo_Lab?

We haven't finished it yet. We will definitely let you know once everything is ready.

• @Jökulgil said:

Do you think you’ll release updates in stages or all three main things at once?

Most likely, we will release updates in stages.

• Sergei, @Froggo_Lab can you share any update plans? Been a bit silent. Have you reevaluated offering on macos? I found your app to be intuitive and easy to use for my needs and would love to be able to use it in Reaper and Ableton. Happy to QA.

• @kidslow said:
    Sergei, @Froggo_Lab can you share any update plans? Been a bit silent. Have you reevaluated offering on macos? I found your app to be intuitive and easy to use for my needs and would love to be able to use it in Reaper and Ableton. Happy to QA.

Hello! Yes, of course we plan to make updates. We are going to make a recording function, reconsider the approach to storing files (so as not to copy them inside the application) and a couple more changes in plans

• @SinghSong said:
    Hi, as a customer, I’m curious about a few things too:

• Full access to user sample folders?
    • What’s being done to fix duplicate sample file storage?
    • Can you tell me more about the new record function from AUv3 and mic input?

Thanks so much!

Hello! Yes, we plan to implement this. But not all at once, there will be several separate updates

• @SinghSong We plan to release updates in the fall

• @lnkn said:

Really love your music! :)

• @Froggo_Lab said:

@Jökulgil said:

Do you think you’ll release updates in stages or all three main things at once?

Most likely, we will release updates in stages.

Hey @Froggo_Lab hows it going?

Specifically the features mentioned above for Async Sampler:

Full access to user sample folders
    Fixing duplicate sample file storage
    Record from AUv3 and mic

• Hi everyone! We received many requests for Async Sampler to reference samples from the device's file system instead of storing them internally. However, we noticed that other apps, like Samplr and Koala, work in a similar way. Do you know of any apps that can use samples without storing them internally? We've looked into this and haven't found a technical solution yet.

• @Froggo_Lab said:
    Hi everyone! We received many requests for Async Sampler to reference samples from the device's file system instead of storing them internally. However, we noticed that other apps, like Samplr and Koala, work in a similar way. Do you know of any apps that can use samples without storing them internally? We've looked into this and haven't found a technical solution yet.

Worrying response!? What about the other things you promised?

• @Jökulgil said:

@Froggo_Lab said:
    Hi everyone! We received many requests for Async Sampler to reference samples from the device's file system instead of storing them internally. However, we noticed that other apps, like Samplr and Koala, work in a similar way. Do you know of any apps that can use samples without storing them internally? We've looked into this and haven't found a technical solution yet.

This is one of the issues we promised to fix, that’s why we asked. The other requests are in progress, we’re preparing an update.

• @Froggo_Lab said:

@Jökulgil said:

@Froggo_Lab said:

This is one of the issues we promised to fix, that’s why we asked. The other requests are in progress, we’re preparing an update.

Sitala references the original files without copying them from what I understand.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Sitala references the original files without copying them from what I understand.

Thank you so much. We have checked Sitala, and it seems like referencing the original files is possible, so we need to investigate this topic further.

• @Froggo_Lab said:

@Jökulgil said:

@Froggo_Lab said:

Just concerning because there hasn’t been any info available or updates since I asked over four months ago in May