Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• @troxx said:
    It might not have been a feature on the original acid machine, but I do like the added sub on Hofmann, gives the sound abit of grit even without the distortion added, it has a great acid sound.

It does - I can live without the Pitch knob I suppose. Oh!…. the compromises us artistes have to make…… can you believe it darlings?

• Thanks 😊 > @jaijai said:

@robosardine said:

@jaijai said:

@dendy said:

@jaijai said:

@robosardine said:

@robosardine said:
    Could someone post a screen shot of the ‘ amazing oldskool acid bass synth that is sure to take you to a higher state of consciousness’.
    I'm hoping it looks as good as it sounds 🤩

Here it fuzzywell is. No Pitch/Tuning knob on it or a square/saw wave selector for some reason? Maybe that happens somewhere else.

You have to touch the name “Hofmann”, this will open up the pop up for the engine.
    There you can dial in the settings.

Also when you have opened full popup of plugin, you can tap the 4 quares icon on small view and all 8 knobs get dashed line border - then tap on knob on small view, tweak the knoib on big popup and you cange what knbob is shown in small view - so you can define your own small view

Just an image to support your post :)

Is the Pitch/Tuning knob - a much loved feature on the 303 - also available for selection?

There is no Pitch/Tuning knob in Hofmann, only the knobs that are shown.

Thank you. One more query if I may. I don’t see a ‘slide’ button nor did I hear any on the demo?

• Preordered. This developer is one of my favorites. How can I get into the test flight?

• edited September 2023

@jaijai said:

@robosardine said:

@jaijai said:

@dendy said:

@jaijai said:

@robosardine said:

@robosardine said:
    Could someone post a screen shot of the ‘ amazing oldskool acid bass synth that is sure to take you to a higher state of consciousness’.
    I'm hoping it looks as good as it sounds 🤩

Here it fuzzywell is. No Pitch/Tuning knob on it or a square/saw wave selector for some reason? Maybe that happens somewhere else.

You have to touch the name “Hofmann”, this will open up the pop up for the engine.
    There you can dial in the settings.

Also when you have opened full popup of plugin, you can tap the 4 quares icon on small view and all 8 knobs get dashed line border - then tap on knob on small view, tweak the knoib on big popup and you cange what knbob is shown in small view - so you can define your own small view

Just an image to support your post :)

Is the Pitch/Tuning knob - a much loved feature on the 303 - also available for selection?

There is no Pitch/Tuning knob in Hofmann, only the knobs that are shown.

Automate the trigger's pitch knob to change the pitch. The trigger's pitch is labeled "Note (track)" in the automation lane.

• edited September 2023

What is also cool in BAM is the 128 sample pool feature, allowing you to modulate a different sample per step via the sampler engine similar to Elektrons sampler devices, i'm not sure theres any other apps that let you do this, I could be wrong though?

• @magnusovi said:
    Preordered. This developer is one of my favorites. How can I get into the test flight?

Send me a private message

• @troxx said:
    What is also cool in BAM is the 128 sample pool feature, allowing you to modulate a different sample per step via the sampler engine similar to Elektrons sampler devices, i'm not sure theres any other apps that let you do this, I could be wrong though?

Hmmm, cool, I have yet to get there in BAM but with Egoist you can have up to 128 triggerable samples (via slices), each with it's own internal tweakable effects. But yah likely a different workflow and has it's own quirks / limits but I do dig it. Have been enjoying automating Egoist in BAM too.

• @gsm909 said:
    Why is it so difficult for an app to be a midi, and an audio clip launcher as an AUv3?

right, you have midi OR audio, it's weird.

• @cokomairena said:

@gsm909 said:
    Why is it so difficult for an app to be a midi, and an audio clip launcher as an AUv3?

I can’t promise that for the initial release but BAM will definitely have both. :blush:

• @sinosoidal is a probability feature in the sequencer on the roadmap? tghis really helps to give groovebox jams life

can't wait to play with BAM!

• @drewinnit said:
    @sinosoidal is a probability feature in the sequencer on the roadmap? tghis really helps to give groovebox jams life

There is probability on the trigger section per track, you can set the probability globally for the track or you can modulate the probability per step too.

• edited September 2023

@sinosoidal said:

@cokomairena said:

@gsm909 said:

I can’t promise that for the initial release but BAM will definitely have both. :blush:

There is so much potential to this app.

This feels like a really great framework to be able to build on over time.

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:
    @Gavinski the 🍃 must be good today 😂

Lol.... Haven't actually had a single toke since I got to Thailand despite it being legal here, believe it or not.

Didn’t know it was legal there! If you start talking slow in your videos I’ll know why 😂

• @troxx said:

Ton can do it but it’s IAA. It’s basically a Digitakt clone and it’s great!

• @HotStrange said:

@troxx said:

You could use Sitala or Koala loaded as a plugin for that.
    To have more samples on one track.

• Is there scales anywhere? And a way to increase the keyboard size?

• @HotStrange said:

@troxx said:

Ton?

• @cokomairena said:

@HotStrange said:

@troxx said:

Ton?

Yep it’s called Ton: Drum Machine. I can link it if you can’t find it. It’s iPad only though.

• @jaijai said:

@HotStrange said:

@troxx said:

Yes but the Elektron workflow being implemented into the sequencer is different as every step of the sequencer can have a different sample with its own unique parameters. Sitala doesn’t have a sequencer built in and Koalas sequencer can’t even do automation.

• @HotStrange said:

@jaijai said:

@HotStrange said:

@troxx said:

Yes but the Elektron workflow being implemented into the sequencer is different as every step of the sequencer can have a different sample with its own unique parameters. Sitala doesn’t have a sequencer built in and Koalas sequencer can’t even do automation.

Ah I see, well just add Drambo as a plugin and you are done 😬

• @jaijai said:

@HotStrange said:

@jaijai said:

@HotStrange said:

@troxx said:

Ah I see, well just add Drambo as a plugin and you are done 😬

Haha true but it’s also fun to have different UIs and workflows occasionally :)

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

Lol.... Haven't actually had a single toke since I got to Thailand despite it being legal here, believe it or not.

Everyone else - does BAM have this? Does BAM have that!?

Me - did you ever make a vlog about what living in Thailand is like?! 😃 That's so cool!

• @HotStrange said:

@cokomairena said:

@HotStrange said:

@troxx said:

Ton?

Yep it’s called Ton: Drum Machine. I can link it if you can’t find it. It’s iPad only though.

What a cute drum sequencer! Really cool to parameter lock the samples, nice!

• @cokomairena said:

@HotStrange said:

@cokomairena said:

@HotStrange said:

@troxx said:

Ton?

Yeah it’s a lot a fun! I don’t use it often anymore but for the first couple years I had it it got a lot of use out of me.

• @HotStrange said:

@cokomairena said:

@HotStrange said:

@cokomairena said:

@HotStrange said:

@troxx said:

Ton?

Yeah it’s a lot a fun! I don’t use it often anymore but for the first couple years I had it it got a lot of use out of me.

It would rock on portrait mode on the phone. At for such a small feature set for sure you can make a lot of stuff with the parameter locking. Sad to see cool apps abandoned

• @cokomairena said:

@HotStrange said:

@cokomairena said:

@HotStrange said:

@cokomairena said:

@HotStrange said:

@troxx said:

Ton?

It would rock on portrait mode on the phone. At for such a small feature set for sure you can make a lot of stuff with the parameter locking. Sad to see cool apps abandoned

Yeah it hasn’t been updated in quite a while but it still seems fairly stable. The real test will be if the developer returns if/when it breaks. I wanna say I saw them communicate something about the app within the last year but I can’t remember for sure.

• @troxx said:

@drewinnit said:
    @sinosoidal is a probability feature in the sequencer on the roadmap? tghis really helps to give groovebox jams life

There is probability on the trigger section per track, you can set the probability globally for the track or you can modulate the probability per step too.

oh that's great to know, thanks!

• Man I’m telling you these guys completely know what’s up and BAM is going to be a very useful tool. Smart developers over @imaginando.

• @HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

Didn’t know it was legal there! If you start talking slow in your videos I’ll know why 😂

Hahaha, having taught English to foreigners for years and knowing that not all the audience are native speakers I generally speak slowly in my vids anyway

• I think in general it's better not to cross the streams too much and stick to iOS music stuff for my videos haha, but I have
    a few pictures on in my Insta account