Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• BAM hosts AUs which play audio. Loopy Pro, Koala, Neon, etc sync up with BAM’s MIDI tracks.

• Is there support for MIDI FX plugins?

The beta doesn’t seem to have this ability, unless I’m missing it.

• No support for MIDI fx.

• @GRiker said:
    No support for MIDI fx.

Thanks. Is it planned for future updates?

• @reezygle said:

@GRiker said:
    No support for MIDI fx.

Thanks. Is it planned for future updates?

That’s a question for @sinosoidal

• Why is it so difficult for an app to be a midi, and an audio clip launcher as an AUv3?

• @gsm909 said:
    Why is it so difficult for an app to be a midi, and an audio clip launcher as an AUv3?

Because that all involves a lot of code and little details that have to be handled. It is a lot to do.

• @Luxthor said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Luxthor said:

@dendy said:

@Luxthor
    What does this app offer more than Drambo?

I think, trick here is that it offers LESS.

Fir somebody this may be actually advantge. Fixed architecture (16 tracks, 2 sends) and more simplistic rack with still preserved decent modulation options may be better for beginners or people for who is Drambo simply too deep, and just they want classical groovebox approach with a bit more modulation options than usuall in hw geooveboxes.

So you're saying it’s less Drambo but still modular. I don’t know, my intention was to clear things up. I don’t want to unintentionally spread more confusion. The Imaginando team is an inventive and hard-working group of people who are responsive to the community. They have my respect. 🫡

They know what they're doing, so I’m going to be patient and quiet from now on. ;)

You could always get into beta testing and see it with your own eyes and hears! :wink:

That’s what I’m talking about responsiveness! I could do TestFlight instead of spending time here and asking stupid questions. 😅

No such thing as a stupid question my friend! But I do suggest trying the beta out so you can fully see what it’s about. To me it’s kind of like comparing 2 different synths or 2 different drum machines. Yes at the core they’re similar but the approaches are different, the sounds are different, the UI and workflow are different, etc. I find I use Drambo and BAM in 2 vastly different ways, and for me personally, I can entirely justify having both.

It’s especially great for those who want a super powerful groovebox but don’t want to go fully Modular like Drambo, or a scaled down version like GR-16 (even though I love that app). Best of both worlds, imo.

• @gsm909 said:
    Why is it so difficult for an app to be a midi, and an audio clip launcher as an AUv3?

Like @espiegel123 said, it’s a lot more work to code and to keep up with. Way more potential for bugs. And even if it’s added some day, that may be way too many features our the gate which can leave apps in beta testing hell or give them a tough release.

Also, apps like this and Drambo already have their own midi sequencing timeline so it may not seem worth it to the devs to add a slot for other midi apps.

• . > @HotStrange said:

@gsm909 said:

Like @espiegel123 said, it’s a lot more work to code and to keep up with. Way more potential for bugs. And even if it’s added some day, that may be way too many features our the gate which can leave apps in beta testing hell or give them a tough release.

Also, apps like this and Drambo already have their own midi sequencing timeline so it may not seem worth it to the devs to add a slot for other midi apps.

So no using all those external midi generator AUv3s? That's a pity.

• @Gavinski said:
    . > @HotStrange said:

@gsm909 said:

Unfortunately not. It doesn’t bother me quite as much in apps like this as it forces me to use a different workflow which usually leads to different ideas. It would be a nice bonus though lol

• @Gavinski said:
    . > @HotStrange said:

@gsm909 said:

Imo, adding more layers of complexity might take away from the nice workflow. There is room for nicely streamlined apps like this.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gavinski said:
    . > @HotStrange said:

@gsm909 said:

Imo, adding more layers of complexity might take away from the nice workflow. There is room for nicely streamlined apps like this.

Agreed.

• @reezygle said:
    Hi @sinosoidal, is there a Discord or something similar for beta testers to chat with you guys?

You can join our discord server in this link -> https://discord.gg/rsQucAHW

• edited September 2023

@HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Luxthor said:

@dendy said:

@Luxthor

Fir somebody this may be actually advantge. Fixed architecture (16 tracks, 2 sends) and more simplistic rack with still preserved decent modulation options may be better for beginners or people for who is Drambo simply too deep, and just they want classical groovebox approach with a bit more modulation options than usuall in hw geooveboxes.

So you're saying it’s less Drambo but still modular. I don’t know, my intention was to clear things up. I don’t want to unintentionally spread more confusion. The Imaginando team is an inventive and hard-working group of people who are responsive to the community. They have my respect. 🫡

They know what they're doing, so I’m going to be patient and quiet from now on. ;)

You could always get into beta testing and see it with your own eyes and hears! :wink:

That’s what I’m talking about responsiveness! I could do TestFlight instead of spending time here and asking stupid questions. 😅

No such thing as a stupid question my friend! But I do suggest trying the beta out so you can fully see what it’s about. To me it’s kind of like comparing 2 different synths or 2 different drum machines. Yes at the core they’re similar but the approaches are different, the sounds are different, the UI and workflow are different, etc. I find I use Drambo and BAM in 2 vastly different ways, and for me personally, I can entirely justify having both.

I’m in beta now, and my first impressions are positive. I still need more time with the app. For now, Imaginando can be proud of what they did. Also, this is still a work in progress, so it’s too early to draw any conclusions.

It’s especially great for those who want a super powerful groovebox but don’t want to go fully Modular like Drambo, or a scaled down version like GR-16 (even though I love that app). Best of both worlds, imo.

It's a cross between DAW and groovebox; I don’t see anything modular in BAM, just a bunch of insert slots per track. Definitely not Drambo, not even less Drambo, like @dendy said. It just looks like it at first glance.

• I also made a pre-order. I will not put the beta. I'll wait patiently. Drambo is a good groovebox. BAM is similar to Gadjet (which does not have auv3) and Zenbeats (in which they exist but do not work very well). In any case, I think it will be an interesting experience.

• @Luxthor said:

@HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Luxthor said:

@dendy said:

@Luxthor

I’m in beta now, and my first impressions are positive. I still need more time with the app. For now, Imaginando can be proud of what they did. Also, this is still a work in progress, so it’s too early to draw any conclusions.

It's a cross between DAW and groovebox; I don’t see anything modular in BAM, just a bunch of insert slots per track. Definitely not Drambo, not even less Drambo, like @dendy said. It just looks like it at first glance.

Cool! Glad you’re enjoying it. I’m excited to see where it goes in the future. I’ve been using it quite a bit and will definitely be buying on day 1.

I use Drambo more for effects, and weird little custom synths or samplers that do one specific thing. And occasionally to write full songs. I rarely use it as a groovebox honestly. Which really speaks to the power of the app.

• Had fun with the beta today (thanks! @sinosoidal) and I'm very much looking forward to the full release. It's intuitive with an easy and fast workflow, especially when one is familiar with LK. It really is its own thing and I'm excited to see the future development. It reminds me of Gadget in a way, as that is its own thing as well with an easy and fast workflow but Gadget is kind of in maintenance mode while BAM has AUv3, is fresh, modern and in actual development ;)

• edited September 2023

Been trying the beta myself, it's a definite pre-order from me, I find it really quick to get around with a great workflow, it's exactly what a groovebox should be 16 tracks to get your experiments/ideas/music down, it feels like it has been designed and streamlined for this purpose, just 2 insert fx per track and 2 sends, no stupidly long fx chaining with 20 EQ and Compressors, just enough of everything that you need to make electronic music, as I said previously, it would be cool to see audio clips and sample slicing on the sampler implemented, I can imagine hours of fun with the parameter lock modulation page on sample slices.

• @sinosoidal Is the desktop version also stand alone or vst only?

• @jaijai said:
    @sinosoidal Is the desktop version also stand alone or vst only?

Also standalone! No plugin support yet. We need beta testers for Desktop. Let me know if you want to give a spin.

• @sinosoidal said:

@jaijai said:

Also standalone! No plugin support yet. We need beta testers for Desktop. Let me know if you want to give a spin.

Awesome! I am on a MacBook Air m1.
    Would love to beta test on that.

• @jaijai said:

@sinosoidal said:

@jaijai said:

Send me a pvt message

• I’m not sure if it has been mentioned yet - it’s now listed in the AppStore. Release date 6th Nov

• @troxx said:
    Been trying the beta myself, it's a definite pre-order from me, I find it really quick to get around with a great workflow, it's exactly what a groovebox should be 16 tracks to get your experiments/ideas/music down, it feels like it has been designed and streamlined for this purpose, just 2 insert fx per track and 2 sends, no stupidly long fx chaining with 20 EQ and Compressors, just enough of everything that you need to make electronic music, as I said previously, it would be cool to see audio clips and sample slicing on the sampler implemented, I can imagine hours of fun with the parameter lock modulation page on sample slices.

Agreed. I think this one is gonna end up being pretty popular. I love Drambo but I think of it as less a groovebox and more a modular whatever you want it to be. BAM may end up being the best actual groovebox on iOS. GR-16 has that spot right now. For me that is.

• @sinosoidal said:

@jaijai said:

@sinosoidal said:

@jaijai said:

Send me a pvt message

I have sent you a message.

• @troxx said:

pretty much this .. 👍

• edited September 2023

Damn, skipped this thread as I thought it was going to be a standalone something and not an auv3.. Foolish of me, just read in the app store it will be auv3 B) This looks super interesting!

Edit: I see it’s not auv3 but an auv3 plugin host. Ok.

• @Slush said:
    Damn, skipped this thread as I thought it was going to be a standalone something and not an auv3.. Foolish of me, just read in the app store it will be auv3 B) This looks super interesting!

Yes, was just about to say that. As you know, Auv3s hosts cannot be hosted by other AUv3 hosts so it couldn't be loaded in AUM, for example

• @Slush said:

It's both. You can use it as a standalone, or as a AUv3 plugin, but when used as a AUv3 plugin you cannot load other AUv3's.