Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• Also does anyone know what the button labeled “rest” does? Near the octave up or down on the keyboard? Maybe a dumb question but I can’t figure that out or the little arrow down there.

• @henningz said:
    @db909 Recording with input performed on an Arturia Keylab 88 does not work at all so far, since BAM frustratingly only accepts note pitch and length right now. Since LK accepts all cc modulations/values and offers cc value manipulation, I think the LK abilities just have not been fully implemented yet (?).

If BAM remains as it is, it is not usable for production using external keyboards controlling AUs.

hopefully you have brought this to the developers’ attention.

• edited October 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@sinosoidal said:

@rvr said:
    2 fx slots is a joke. Wait, there is no possibility to add as many au fx as you want?

It might sound a joke, but optimization and performance is not a joke. We will raise that limit when possible. For now is a constraint. :blush:

Caustic 3 had only two fx slots per track, and yet many people made great music with it. It's all about working within those constraints. (Then again, 3 would be a nice balance I feel.)

Last week I remembered that I could just build custom FX chains in Drambo. Or MiRack. I’m even more excited to play around with it some more this weekend.

• @ahallam said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@sinosoidal said:

@rvr said:
    2 fx slots is a joke. Wait, there is no possibility to add as many au fx as you want?

It might sound a joke, but optimization and performance is not a joke. We will raise that limit when possible. For now is a constraint. :blush:

Caustic 3 had only two fx slots per track, and yet many people made great music with it. It's all about working within those constraints. (Then again, 3 would be a nice balance I feel.)

Last week I remembered that I could just build custom FX chains in Drambo. Or MiRack. I’m even more excited to play around with it some more this weekend.

Exactly! Drambo and MiRack have plenty of great built-in effects you can chain up if you need more effects. I do prefer MiRack in that regard with its plethora of modules (as Drambo hasn't as many modules). And of course many synth AUv3s come with built-in effects like reverbs and delays and the sort.

But, I'd also like to try to challenge myself with two fx per track and utilise the send tracks as well. It's one reason I preordered BAM - a streamlined workflow that really isn't all that complicated. I've toyed around with the beta in my spare time (I've yet to do a proper deep dive for bugs let alone tried to build anything "serious" in it), and it's a splendid groovebox that'll get the job done.

My only critique - I wish it was on iPhone too. 😅 Hopefully there'll be an iPhone port in the future.

• edited October 2023

@db909 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    The beta has been fun. I highly recommend hopping on, especially seeing how much critique it’s getting without having tried it :)

I dunno if you’re talking about me or not but I’m on the beta and thus my critiques are absolutely based on having tried it .

No I hadn’t noticed what you said, I just saw uninformed comments earlier in the thread that made me think of it. It was made in light heartedness I promise

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@db909 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    The beta has been fun. I highly recommend hopping on, especially seeing how much critique it’s getting without having tried it :)

I dunno if you’re talking about me or not but I’m on the beta and thus my critiques are absolutely based on having tried it .

No I hadn’t noticed what you said, I just saw uninformed comments earlier in the thread that made me think of it. It was made in light heartedness I promise

Gotcha, 👍. Hey at least the app is generating some buzz and conversation!

• @HotStrange said:

@Neo8 said:

@HotStrange said:

@Neo8 said:
    I’m on the beta for this app. Can’t share details and/or screenshots/videos yet, but believe me that this will be a must have if you’re producing music on iPad.

Same! I’ve been really really enjoying it. I’m a big fan of grooveboxes in general and even among stiff competition on iOS, this one is still great. Maybe the best.

Yeah I also do think this is the best groovebox for iOS. I like the workflow of BAM!

Same! I still prefer Drambo but don’t really use it as a groovebox. As just a groovebox, I prefer BAM and GR-16.

I also use Drambo, but just like you, for other use cases. GR-16 is also on my iPad Pro. Real powerhouse. It’s great that companies still develop groovebox type music apps. I love them and that’s for BAM! no different!

• @sigma79 said:

@Luxthor said:

@dendy said:

@skiphunt said:
    Personally, I think with the 2 fx per 2 sends in addition to 2 fx slots per track… it seems sufficient to me. I’m not pining for any more to be honest. YMMV

This.. for example Digitakt/Digitone/Syntakt has only 2 sends fixed to delay/reverb and no insert fx (except of ovedrive) - and how much fun they are :) ..

plus if 2 fx slots are not enough you can load into one of slots miRack, Drambo or ofher modular AUfx - posibilities are almost limitless ..

also when it comes to groovebox / live performance tool (which is exactly where i see BAM) limitstions which leads to minimal need of menu diving or view resizing / paging is very good thing.

I agree with @dendy! Drambo, for example, is so modular and versatile that the groovebox part becomes an obstacle.

Not for me. Mine is Euclidean per au x 12 to a controller. Although its better to just program without a controller ( even when Euclidean ) Dosent get easier than auto drums and switching to non Euclidean has functions Id need ( including better arrangment with other ipads ) Still sorting the Euclidean. So I got 12 x 16 sounds ( 192 ) not including pitch and decay. Might post on another thread. Just for Euclidean madness. Then get on with normal drums. Dont even need 12 tracks and unsure whats best to make a kit. Toms etc on different lanes or just pitch on same track etc. Obviously theres a misc.

You really spark my interest, for that much Euclidean sequencing, I’ll probably need the whole summer to pinpoint the right groove. ;) Just post that madness for experimentation sake, if nothing else.

• does bam allow sidechaining?

• @Luxthor said:

@sigma79 said:

@Luxthor said:

@dendy said:

@skiphunt said:
    Personally, I think with the 2 fx per 2 sends in addition to 2 fx slots per track… it seems sufficient to me. I’m not pining for any more to be honest. YMMV

This.. for example Digitakt/Digitone/Syntakt has only 2 sends fixed to delay/reverb and no insert fx (except of ovedrive) - and how much fun they are :) ..

plus if 2 fx slots are not enough you can load into one of slots miRack, Drambo or ofher modular AUfx - posibilities are almost limitless ..

also when it comes to groovebox / live performance tool (which is exactly where i see BAM) limitstions which leads to minimal need of menu diving or view resizing / paging is very good thing.

I agree with @dendy! Drambo, for example, is so modular and versatile that the groovebox part becomes an obstacle.

Not for me. Mine is Euclidean per au x 12 to a controller. Although its better to just program without a controller ( even when Euclidean ) Dosent get easier than auto drums and switching to non Euclidean has functions Id need ( including better arrangment with other ipads ) Still sorting the Euclidean. So I got 12 x 16 sounds ( 192 ) not including pitch and decay. Might post on another thread. Just for Euclidean madness. Then get on with normal drums. Dont even need 12 tracks and unsure whats best to make a kit. Toms etc on different lanes or just pitch on same track etc. Obviously theres a misc.

You really spark my interest, for that much Euclidean sequencing, I’ll probably need the whole summer to pinpoint the right groove. ;) Just post that madness for experimentation sake, if nothing else.

Seems best for African drums.

Will remake with controllers and post back ( this is without any controllers ) Which btw. Cost £1600 just for Euclidean. Obviously controllers are for synths also. The faderfox pc12 will probably just be for Euclidean drums. I think even if best African. I can still add some weird synths.

Although I could add more Euclideans. Can only map 12 drums to faderfox. So i still got an ec4 controller for a synth etc.

It means I can remake drum tempos via controller but have 16 different drums per track. Which can be switched live via launchpad.

So 16 drum songs ( if good enough to make live )

• Its ok.

Will need to make 16 different kits x 12.

Might rebuy borsta as theres skaka here. Which is triggered Euclidean but isnt controlled by Euclidean knobs.

• Lol at calling gr-16 a powerhouse and praising caustic. MiRack is meh, drambo has average fx section. Anyway, good luck with the release, i will wait for reviews.

• Are you just trying to make a point of being obnoxious?

• Obviously yes. I want pro software on ipad, ready to pay for it, and people keep releasing toys just to mess around. Its a long debate, but whats funnier is your "yay everything is cool!!" child attitude you have here. You can put me on ignore list I guess.

• Or you could just.. make music, or do shrooms, I dunno

• @sigma79 the aka pygmies are erecting a new totem for you as we speak!
    Seriously, I really enjoyed your african periple

• @rvr said:
    Lol at calling gr-16 a powerhouse and praising caustic. MiRack is meh, drambo has average fx section. Anyway, good luck with the release, i will wait for reviews.

Yeah miRack is not meh by any metric.

• @rvr said:
    You can put me on ignore list I guess.

done!

• @sigma79 said:

@Luxthor said:

@sigma79 said:

@Luxthor said:

@dendy said:

@skiphunt said:

Seems best for African drums.

Will remake with controllers and post back ( this is without any controllers ) Which btw. Cost £1600 just for Euclidean. Obviously controllers are for synths also. The faderfox pc12 will probably just be for Euclidean drums. I think even if best African. I can still add some weird synths.

Although I could add more Euclideans. Can only map 12 drums to faderfox. So i still got an ec4 controller for a synth etc.

It means I can remake drum tempos via controller but have 16 different drums per track. Which can be switched live via launchpad.

So 16 drum songs ( if good enough to make live )

Yes, it is madness, haha. But it definitely sounds tribal. I can see you having lots of fun. I will fire up my trusty Euclidean too. 😁

• Cheers.

Its FAC drum per track

but have to generally rely on host state saving. Unless i make kits and not tweak.

If using one FAC drum. Saving a kit wouldnt be bad.

With an au per track. It would save a kit for every drum tweak for every instance.

Would be better if there were folders but would probably need an audio player within folders.

So Bam will be good.

• edited October 2023

As a groove box with views, layout and GUI I’m finding BAM a really good choice for getting beats down quickly. The work going into this by the team with updates is fast and fore coming. At the current prelaunch price it’s definitely worth jumping onboard now. What you get for the money its well worth it.

• edited October 2023

@rvr said:
    Obviously yes. I want pro software on ipad, ready to pay for it, and people keep releasing toys just to mess around. Its a long debate, but whats funnier is your "yay everything is cool!!" child attitude you have here. You can put me on ignore list I guess.

I love my musical toys, they make me happy. Just not necessarily this one in particular.

• Reposting this since it kinda got buried under some trolling ;)

To other beta testers… when in standalone mode, where are the individual tracks you record, and the master track recordings stored? Or, is recording function not active yet?

Also, what is the small upward arrow icon at the bottom right for? Same with the little abstract icon to the right of the record button?

Lastly, if it’s not cool 😎 with the dev @sinosoidal to ask specific app function questions here… where is a more acceptable place to ask them?

• edited October 2023

@skiphunt said:
    Reposting this since it kinda got buried under some trolling ;)

To other beta testers… when in standalone mode, where are the individual tracks you record, and the master track recordings stored? Or, is recording function not active yet?

Also, what is the small upward arrow icon at the bottom right for? Same with the little abstract icon to the right of the record button?

Lastly, if it’s not cool 😎 with the dev @sinosoidal to ask specific app function questions here… where is a more acceptable place to ask them?

Are you referring to track export? When you export a scene/song an iOS dialog will open prompting you to choose where to you want to save your recordings.

The arrow is the shift button. When pressed/activated you'll be able to make some extra actions:

• Copy/paste slots when dragging them
    • Add a parameter to clip modulations when pressing it
    • copy/pasting notes when dragging them
    • delete modulations when clicking on step modulation
    • selection of loop zone when it is activates
    • select clip/scene without triggering
  • I'm in beta. And I like BAM. The workspace is simple but intuitive, making it easy to compose music. There are problems, but I am sure that the Imaginando team will do everything as needed.

• @robosardine said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:
    @Gavinski the 🍃 must be good today 😂

Lol.... Haven't actually had a single toke since I got to Thailand despite it being legal here, believe it or not.

Didn’t know it was legal there! If you start talking slow in your videos I’ll know why 😂

Hahaha, having taught English to foreigners for years and knowing that not all the audience are native speakers I generally speak slowly in my vids anyway

Now I know why I’ve sent so much on apps I never use. There you are sitting there in a cloud making a review video - large reefer dangling from your lips and with an understated Irish drawl giving it…’ now to me this sounds fantastic… absolutely amazing’…. 🥰😀

Ah haha, no, I haven't smoked a spliff in years tbh... Even here in Thailand I haven't bothered so far. Now if I get my hands on some shrooms, yeah, mmm, that might be another story

• @Gavinski said:

@robosardine said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

Lol.... Haven't actually had a single toke since I got to Thailand despite it being legal here, believe it or not.

Didn’t know it was legal there! If you start talking slow in your videos I’ll know why 😂

Hahaha, having taught English to foreigners for years and knowing that not all the audience are native speakers I generally speak slowly in my vids anyway

Now I know why I’ve sent so much on apps I never use. There you are sitting there in a cloud making a review video - large reefer dangling from your lips and with an understated Irish drawl giving it…’ now to me this sounds fantastic… absolutely amazing’…. 🥰😀

Ah haha, no, I haven't smoked a spliff in years tbh... Even here in Thailand I haven't bothered so far. Now if I get my hands on some shrooms, yeah, mmm, that might be another story

if you do want to try weed there, be quick!
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/22/thailand-to-clamp-down-on-cannabis-use-in-major-u-turn-on-drug-policy

• @drewinnit said:

@Gavinski said:

@robosardine said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

if you do want to try weed there, be quick!
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/22/thailand-to-clamp-down-on-cannabis-use-in-major-u-turn-on-drug-policy

Oh wow, did not know about that. This will really economically destroy all the people who are involved in the legal weed sector. All those people who opened high end cannabis dispensaries. What a shit show. I don't doubt there have been problems though. People having to bribe to get licenses, synthetics being sold as regular weed, etc. Still, totally the government's fault. They clearly didn't think things through well enough or regulate the industry properly. That's terrible news though, this was also supposed to give a good boost to the Thai economy.

• @Gavinski fully agree. the war on drugs is a complete shit-show, the world over :(

anyway, back on topic....i wish i had the time to beta test BAM but i see from this thread that it is in good hands. i’m very excited to play with it, counting the days down until the November launch!

• @rvr said:
    Lol at calling gr-16 a powerhouse and praising caustic. MiRack is meh, drambo has average fx section. Anyway, good luck with the release, i will wait for reviews.

If you don’t respect my personal, subjective opinion about GR-16, I’m wondering if you even got some common sense. Also, I’m on the beta for BAM. Could be an option for you to see what it is instead of waiting for reviews.