Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wow this one looks really promising! I hope this one kills my GAS for an Akai Force once and for all ;-D where Drambo didn't succeed. I found Drambo to be much too much for what I need. Or maybe I didn't get the workflow idea... anyhow I love the simplicity of this one - looking forward to it!

• I’m on the beta for this app. Can’t share details and/or screenshots/videos yet, but believe me that this will be a must have if you’re producing music on iPad.

• The more I play with this… the more I like it. At first I was wondering how this groovebox is unique. There are ways it’s unique, but mostly… it’s easy to get going once you know what all the controls do, and then after that… it’s just plain fun 🤩

This should do well for them I reckon

• @skiphunt said:
    The more I play with this… the more I like it. At first I was wondering how this groovebox is unique. There are ways it’s unique, but mostly… it’s easy to get going once you know what all the controls do, and then after that… it’s just plain fun 🤩

This should do well for them I reckon

Totally agree 👍

• @Neo8 said:
    I’m on the beta for this app. Can’t share details and/or screenshots/videos yet, but believe me that this will be a must have if you’re producing music on iPad.

Same! I’ve been really really enjoying it. I’m a big fan of grooveboxes in general and even among stiff competition on iOS, this one is still great. Maybe the best.

• What methods does it use for entering notes onto the sequencer?
    Does it have any form of randomisation features?
    What are the synth sounds like? Are they comparable to any other synth?
    Does the sampler have drag and drop?

• Get in on the beta by mailing @sinosidal and find out!
    mostly, we need to convince the developers that 2 efx slots isn't enough and we need 4.

• 2 fx slots is a joke. Wait, there is no possibility to add as many au fx as you want?

• @rvr said:
    2 fx slots is a joke. Wait, there is no possibility to add as many au fx as you want?

It might sound a joke, but optimization and performance is not a joke. We will raise that limit when possible. For now is a constraint. :blush:

• @robosardine said:
    What methods does it use for entering notes onto the sequencer?
    Does it have any form of randomisation features?
    What are the synth sounds like? Are they comparable to any other synth?
    Does the sampler have drag and drop?

Send me a message with your email and I will put you in the beta

• @sinosoidal said:

@rvr said:
    2 fx slots is a joke. Wait, there is no possibility to add as many au fx as you want?

It might sound a joke, but optimization and performance is not a joke. We will raise that limit when possible. For now is a constraint. :blush:

Caustic 3 had only two fx slots per track, and yet many people made great music with it. It's all about working within those constraints. (Then again, 3 would be a nice balance I feel.)

• @sinosoidal said:

@rvr said:

You can have up to 100 AUs on a project on cheapest ipad9, what are you talking about? Just curious, optimization for what? UI programming?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@sinosoidal said:

@rvr said:

Caustic 3 had only two fx slots per track, and yet many people made great music with it. It's all about working within those constraints. (Then again, 3 would be a nice balance I feel.)

Well you can make a great tune with just your mouth, but its software in 2023 designed like an old korg groovebox. Its just strange me.

• It’s exactly what it is, a groove box, it’s not a full daw, it’s an app to help you get your music ideas down quickly without the need for unnecessary long fx chains, maybes another couple slots would be handy, but you have 2 sends and 2 inserts per track, all you need for a groove box.

• @rvr said:

….

Well you can make a great tune with just your mouth, but its software in 2023 designed like an old korg groovebox. Its just strange me.

Maybe the app just isn’t for you. Sometimes there are benefits to streamlining that aren’t obvious to someone unfamiliar with a codebase. It isn’t really worth a developer’s time to have to explain themselves.

If it doesn’t suit your needs: fine. But the over-the-top dismissiveness is needless. Calling things a “joke“ because they suit your preferences is mean-spirited at best.

• edited October 2023

Personally, I think with the 2 fx per 2 sends in addition to 2 fx slots per track… it seems sufficient to me. I’m not pining for any more to be honest. YMMV

• edited October 2023

@skiphunt said:
    Personally, I think with the 2 fx per 2 sends in addition to 2 fx slots per track… it seems sufficient to me. I’m not pining for any more to be honest. YMMV

This.. for example Digitakt/Digitone/Syntakt has only 2 sends fixed to delay/reverb and no insert fx (except of ovedrive) - and how much fun they are :) ..

plus if 2 fx slots are not enough you can load into one of slots miRack, Drambo or ofher modular AUfx - posibilities are almost limitless ..

also when it comes to groovebox / live performance tool (which is exactly where i see BAM) limitstions which leads to minimal need of menu diving or view resizing / paging is very good thing.

• The current demo presets in the beta do sound pretty dope with just the stock instruments and samplers. I doubt they took 5 mins to put together mind this is definitely a musicians tool to craft in.

• @HotStrange said:

@Neo8 said:
    I’m on the beta for this app. Can’t share details and/or screenshots/videos yet, but believe me that this will be a must have if you’re producing music on iPad.

Same! I’ve been really really enjoying it. I’m a big fan of grooveboxes in general and even among stiff competition on iOS, this one is still great. Maybe the best.

Yeah I also do think this is the best groovebox for iOS. I like the workflow of BAM!

• @Neo8 said:

@HotStrange said:

@Neo8 said:

Yeah I also do think this is the best groovebox for iOS. I like the workflow of BAM!

Same! I still prefer Drambo but don’t really use it as a groovebox. As just a groovebox, I prefer BAM and GR-16.

• @dendy said:

@skiphunt said:

This.. for example Digitakt/Digitone/Syntakt has only 2 sends fixed to delay/reverb and no insert fx (except of ovedrive) - and how much fun they are :) ..

plus if 2 fx slots are not enough you can load into one of slots miRack, Drambo or ofher modular AUfx - posibilities are almost limitless ..

also when it comes to groovebox / live performance tool (which is exactly where i see BAM) limitstions which leads to minimal need of menu diving or view resizing / paging is very good thing.

I agree with @dendy! Drambo, for example, is so modular and versatile that the groovebox part becomes an obstacle.

• edited October 2023

@Luxthor said:

@dendy said:

@skiphunt said:

I agree with @dendy! Drambo, for example, is so modular and versatile that the groovebox part becomes an obstacle.

Yeah I actually started liking Drambo waaaay more when I stopped approaching it as just a groovebox. When I use it as a weird effect unit, clip launcher with AU hosting, a sequencer, or a weird standalone synth/sampler inside AUM, it becomes one of my favorite apps. It’s kinda transcended above being a groovebox and it actually takes a way from the app to only approach it that way, imo.

• Are you guys sequencing bam with the step sequencer or recording from an external midi controller? Because I typically record live from built in touch keyboards for this type of app and I’m not finding it to be a fun experience here. So I’m wondering if maybe I’d appreciate it more if I went in from another angle.

• edited October 2023

@Luxthor said:

@dendy said:

@skiphunt said:

Not for me. Mine is Euclidean per au x 12 to a controller. Although its better to just program without a controller ( even when Euclidean ) Dosent get easier than auto drums and switching to non Euclidean has functions Id need ( including better arrangment with other ipads ) Still sorting the Euclidean. So I got 12 x 16 sounds ( 192 ) not including pitch and decay. Might post on another thread. Just for Euclidean madness. Then get on with normal drums. Dont even need 12 tracks and unsure whats best to make a kit. Toms etc on different lanes or just pitch on same track etc. Obviously theres a misc.

• @db909 Recording with input performed on an Arturia Keylab 88 does not work at all so far, since BAM frustratingly only accepts note pitch and length right now. Since LK accepts all cc modulations/values and offers cc value manipulation, I think the LK abilities just have not been fully implemented yet (?).

If BAM remains as it is, it is not usable for production using external keyboards controlling AUs.

• @henningz said:
    @db909 Recording with input performed on an Arturia Keylab 88 does not work at all so far, since BAM frustratingly only accepts note pitch and length right now. Since LK accepts all cc modulations/values and offers cc value manipulation, I think the LK abilities just have not been fully implemented yet (?).

If BAM remains as it is, it is not usable for production using external keyboards controlling AUs.

I’m not using an external keyboard, I’m saying I don’t find the experience with the built in, inside the app, included within , whatever you wanna call it, touch screen keyboard to be much fun

• The beta has been fun. I highly recommend hopping on, especially seeing how much critique it’s getting without having tried it :)

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    The beta has been fun. I highly recommend hopping on, especially seeing how much critique it’s getting without having tried it :)

I dunno if you’re talking about me or not but I’m on the beta and thus my critiques are absolutely based on having tried it .

• To other beta testers… when in standalone mode, where are the individual tracks you record, and the master track recordings stored? Or, is recording function not active yet?

Also, what is the small upward arrow icon at the bottom right for? Same with the little abstract icon to the right of the record button?

Lastly, if it’s not cool 😎 with the dev @sinosoidal to ask specific app function questions here… where is a more acceptable place to ask them?