Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• @rvr said:
    Obviously yes. I want pro software on ipad, ready to pay for it, and people keep releasing toys just to mess around. Its a long debate, but whats funnier is your "yay everything is cool!!" child attitude you have here. You can put me on ignore list I guess.

You want pro software on iPad. Take a look around in the App Store because there are already many pro software apps available. Not only for music production, also many other categories (Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Octane X, Procreate, soon Procreate Dreams, DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, and many more). What software do you want to see coming to the iPad ecosystem and what’s your definition of ‘pro software’.

• @rvr said:
    Lol at calling gr-16 a powerhouse and praising caustic. MiRack is meh, drambo has average fx section. Anyway, good luck with the release, i will wait for reviews.

GR-16 is just as powerful as a lot of hardware grooveboxes so hardly a toy. And saying apps like Drambo and MiRack are also toys just proves you’re only here to troll or completely ignorant as to what the apps even are. Hopefully you get the point and move on.

• edited October 2023

@Neo8 said:

@rvr said:
    Obviously yes. I want pro software on ipad, ready to pay for it, and people keep releasing toys just to mess around. Its a long debate, but whats funnier is your "yay everything is cool!!" child attitude you have here. You can put me on ignore list I guess.

You want pro software on iPad. Take a look around in the App Store because there are already many pro software apps available. Not only for music production, also many other categories (Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Octane X, Procreate, soon Procreate Dreams, DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, and many more). What software do you want to see coming to the iPad ecosystem and what’s your definition of ‘pro software’.

I made the mistake of engaging but we should all probably ignore them. They’re just here to troll and get a rise from people. Best to not feed desperate attention seekers. That’s what they want.

• @Neo8 @HotStrange Best to ignore the person. They've been banned. All good now. ☺️

Getting back to BAM, I can't wait for full release to iPad in November. From playing with the beta, I can tell this app will be loads of fun. :)

• @HotStrange said:

@Neo8 said:

@rvr said:

I made the mistake of engaging but we should all probably ignore them. They’re just here to troll and get a rise from people. Best to not feed desperate attention seekers. That’s what they want.

Thanks, will do!

• @Gavinski said:

@robosardine said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:
    @Gavinski the 🍃 must be good today 😂

Lol.... Haven't actually had a single toke since I got to Thailand despite it being legal here, believe it or not.

Didn’t know it was legal there! If you start talking slow in your videos I’ll know why 😂

Hahaha, having taught English to foreigners for years and knowing that not all the audience are native speakers I generally speak slowly in my vids anyway

Now I know why I’ve sent so much on apps I never use. There you are sitting there in a cloud making a review video - large reefer dangling from your lips and with an understated Irish drawl giving it…’ now to me this sounds fantastic… absolutely amazing’…. 🥰😀

Ah haha, no, I haven't smoked a spliff in years tbh... Even here in Thailand I haven't bothered so far. Now if I get my hands on some shrooms, yeah, mmm, that might be another story

Pop over to Vang Vieng, Laos for some of the strongest sroomies I’ve ever had. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @Neo8 @HotStrange Best to ignore the person. They've been banned. All good now. ☺️

All over, red rvr

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @Neo8 @HotStrange Best to ignore the person. They've been banned. All good now. ☺️

Getting back to BAM, I can't wait for full release to iPad in November. From playing with the beta, I can tell this app will be loads of fun. :)

Good, they needed it lol

BAM is LOADS of fun. I think it’s gonna be a big hit. Were you able to do the preorder despite having the beta version? It wasn’t letting me do that without uninstalling the beta.

• Anyone in Beta tried it with a midi controller?

• @Sergiu said:
    Anyone in Beta tried it with a midi controller?

Yes

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Good, they needed it lol

BAM is LOADS of fun. I think it’s gonna be a big hit. Were you able to do the preorder despite having the beta version? It wasn’t letting me do that without uninstalling the beta.

Odd. I was able to preorder just fine. :)

• I’ve skimmed the thread, can’t find anything about iPhone support being planned? I’m sure that’s just down to my impatience and laziness :-)

I want this for my iPhone. I don’t use my iPad anywhere near as much as I thought I would (or should) for music. I think I would use this a ton on my iPhone. Kind of like a Drambo without the startup friction/inertia.

It’ll be an instant purchase if/when it’s available for iPhone.

I hope it will be :-)

• @klownshed said:
    I’ve skimmed the thread, can’t find anything about iPhone support being planned? I’m sure that’s just down to my impatience and laziness :-)

I want this for my iPhone. I don’t use my iPad anywhere near as much as I thought I would (or should) for music. I think I would use this a ton on my iPhone. Kind of like a Drambo without the startup friction/inertia.

It’ll be an instant purchase if/when it’s available for iPhone.

I hope it will be :-)

Same here. Since getting my 14 Pro Max, I have little need for my iPad musicwise (although I still draw in my iPad).

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Good, they needed it lol

Worked for me this time. Maybe it was a temporary glitch for the first day or 2 of preorders. Thanks!

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Good, they needed it lol

Worked for me this time. Maybe it was a temporary glitch for the first day or 2 of preorders. Thanks!

Of course mate. :)

• Great! Look fwd to give it a spin!> @espiegel123 said:

@Sergiu said:
    Anyone in Beta tried it with a midi controller?

Yes

• edited October 2023

With the latest beta with Ableton Link selected I’m having export problems if I revert back to external clock it’s fine. Just to let other beta testers know. Apparently the dev going to making the switching automatically for export in the future

• Let our resident Patch-Master Lucas takes you on a deeper dive of some more of BAM’s features:

• Great video, I only had the chance to watch about 1/3rd of it so far, but it's already making me itch to try it myself!
    I understand the comparisons with Drambo, I mean it's not like you copied it but one can draw some similarities from the UI options. It's a great paradigm, though, and Drambo itself has borrowed a lot from other groove-machines and even DAWs that have proven the test of time. I mean, that's why I see Drambo as the ultimate platform for my needs, it stands on the shoulders of giants and gets all the best parts from that long lineage.
    I can see this app having similar success. I mean it's a Drambo competitor, but a different target audience. I don't mean that dismissively, some people get daunted by Drambo's seeming complexity, until they realize they can just use as much complexity as they like. Same with this app, there is a lot of complexity underneath, so it is certainly not a toy.
    This thing is deep, I'm actually amazed at how much is packed in, and I haven't even tried the thing myself, just going by the videos. The samples seem top notch, also, so for many that alone might be a good reason. If your work mainly with samples, this thing may be the best option yet on iOS.

I anticipate you guys having a lot of success with this one (not that you don't have a long record of successful apps already).
    Wish you all the best with the release!

• @sinosoidal said:
    Let our resident Patch-Master Lucas takes you on a deeper dive of some more of BAM’s features:

Children, when you hear the old heads talk about the promise and the glory of Modstep, this is what they were dreaming of.

• Good tutorial vid, good factory content. This app can probably also serve as a good gateway to using Drambo more often for those who have hesitated - happy co-existing of these two apps.

• I still don't understand why BAM does not yet record any controller/keyboard modulations (velocity, sustain etc) other than bare bones note pitch and note length. Those values do get passed through to any AUV3 slot, but won't be recorded. Recorded clips thus sound horrible when triggered/played ...

Imginando's own LK, Helium, Midi tape recorder, Atom, Xequence, Sand, hell, even Drambo record this (Dramo w/o sustain yet) ...

• @henningz said:
    I still don't understand why BAM does not yet record any controller/keyboard modulations (velocity, sustain etc) other than bare bones note pitch and note length. Those values do get passed through to any AUV3 slot, but won't be recorded. Recorded clips thus sound horrible when triggered/played ...

Imginando's own LK, Helium, Midi tape recorder, Atom, Xequence, Sand, hell, even Drambo record this (Dramo w/o sustain yet) ...

We want to add Pitch Bend Mod-Wheel and After-Touch parameters to trigger section. When that happens, it will allow you to record on the fly. That's something to be added. Thanks for reminding us.

• Per note velocity editing in the piano-roll is something I'd love to see at some point?

The 'trigger' module can be used to adjust note-velocity and it can be automated but all notes on the automated step get the same velocity value.

Please do bring over all or at least most of the piano-roll/note-editing tools that were present in LK.

Also when automating the 'sample' parameter it would be nice to see the sample-name instead of 'pool number'.
    Same when automating sample start, it could use a quick over-view of the currently selected sample and show the point where the automation value would trigger the sample.

The metronome could use options to play during count-in only, count-in & recording, during playback and 'always' when transport is running'.

I've not yet found any settings for quantizing during recording, while the magnet in the piano-roll works when moving the note a 'snap selection to grid' could be handy.

Unfortunately the UI on my 11" M1 iPadPro is still 'too tiny' (font-sizes, tap-zones etc.) for me to be able to comfortably use so UI zoom would be #1 feature for me...

The truncated parameter labels (with ...) is something that needs attention to make things look more 'polished'.

Full-screen performance pads and multi octave piano-keys would be nice and while I'm at it a LaunchPad like 8x8 matrix with scale support would make on-screen playing enjoyable.

I have ZERO clues on what is on the to-do so I share my brain-farts here to get some feedback.

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    Per note velocity editing in the piano-roll is something I'd love to see at some point?

The 'trigger' module can be used to adjust note-velocity and it can be automated but all notes on the automated step get the same velocity value.

Please do bring over all or at least most of the piano-roll/note-editing tools that were present in LK.

Also when automating the 'sample' parameter it would be nice to see the sample-name instead of 'pool number'.
    Same when automating sample start, it could use a quick over-view of the currently selected sample and show the point where the automation value would trigger the sample.

The metronome could use options to play during count-in only, count-in & recording, during playback and 'always' when transport is running'.

I've not yet found any settings for quantizing during recording, while the magnet in the piano-roll works when moving the note a 'snap selection to grid' could be handy.

Unfortunately the UI on my 11" M1 iPadPro is still 'too tiny' (font-sizes, tap-zones etc.) for me to be able to comfortably use so UI zoom would be #1 feature for me...

The truncated parameter labels (with ...) is something that needs attention to make things look more 'polished'.

Full-screen performance pads and multi octave piano-keys would be nice and while I'm at it a LaunchPad like 8x8 matrix with scale support would make on-screen playing enjoyable.

I have ZERO clues on what is on the to-do so I share my brain-farts here to get some feedback.

Cheers!

I agree with all of this

• @Samu said:
    Per note velocity editing in the piano-roll is something I'd love to see at some point?

Cheers!

All your suggestions make sense. We need indeed to manage priorities for the release. Right now our focus is stability an consistency, trying to reduce crashes to nearly zero, specially with AUv3. This feedback will not be forgotten. :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

All your suggestions make sense. We need indeed to manage priorities for the release. Right now our focus is stability an consistency, trying to reduce crashes to nearly zero, specially with AUv3. This feedback will not be forgotten. :blush:

AUv3's can be tricky to diagnose as they do not create any crash-logs :(

So far I've mainly focused on the stand-alone and now hat the browser is working a bit better I'll give the AUv3 a spin even though I'd likely need a 16" iPad to make that an enjoyable experience :sunglasses:

• edited October 2023

@Samu said:

@sinosoidal said:

So far I've mainly focused on the stand-alone and now hat the browser is working a bit better I'll give the AUv3 a spin even though I'd likely need a 16" iPad to make that an enjoyable experience :sunglasses:

Agree with @samu it’s a lot to fit on a iPad screen. I wish the - + buttons were slightly bigger my fingers are to big for them ! Would personally like to see tempo change options between scenes in a future update.

• .> @Samu said:

@sinosoidal said:

Is that just an oversight on Apple or is there some limitation there that prevents auv3 from creating a crash log? That sounds like a big time pain for developers, holy crap

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    .> @Samu said:

@sinosoidal said:

Is that just an oversight on Apple or is there some limitation there that prevents auv3 from creating a crash log? That sounds like a big time pain for developers, holy crap

We receive crash logs from AUv3 too. I think it sends. I don't know limitations.