Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    However currently as a AUv3 BAM only appears to accept 1 midi stream at a time.

Hi!
    You need to

• select the MIDI input channel of each track in the track block (tap the block’s setting button, top-right)
    • arm all the tracks you want with shift lock + ARM in the pads view (all wished pads must be red)
    • and disable the auto arm on track select in the settings (otherwise it reverts to arming only one track when you switch to another one).

Then multiple simultaneous MIDI inputs are possible

• @henningz said:
    Yes, but still very limited since launching of scenes and clips is not programmable to any CC controller so far. In LK is is.
    Deal breaker for me, how else would you lauch your clips? Surely not by tapping around on a small ipad screen?

Sad to hear that… deal breaker for me too, why not using the excellent LK integration with hardware controllers? iPad screen would be enough for playing at home but I’m not using that way in live gigs.

• @Gdub said:
    Beta updates almost daily
    And stability seems pretty solid right now
    My opinion is just my opinion, I will be purchasing this app as a fun groove box which is fun and I like the layout and it fits my needs, who knows where this will end up, the devs are cool and open to ideas
    I must be missing something, it has audio, that you can drop on pads, can I import my own audio ?

As in you want to import your own samples?

• @Synthi said:

@henningz said:
    Yes, but still very limited since launching of scenes and clips is not programmable to any CC controller so far. In LK is is.
    Deal breaker for me, how else would you lauch your clips? Surely not by tapping around on a small ipad screen?

Sad to hear that… deal breaker for me too, why not using the excellent LK integration with hardware controllers? iPad screen would be enough for playing at home but I’m not using that way in live gigs.

@Synthi said:

@henningz said:

They’ve stated they’re planning on implementing all of that but are focusing on stability right now since the release date is coming in just a couple weeks.

• edited October 2023

@crushed said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    However currently as a AUv3 BAM only appears to accept 1 midi stream at a time.

Hi!
    You need to

• select the MIDI input channel of each track in the track block (tap the block’s setting button, top-right)
    • arm all the tracks you want with shift lock + ARM in the pads view (all wished pads must be red)
    • and disable the auto arm on track select in the settings (otherwise it reverts to arming only one track when you switch to another one).

Then multiple simultaneous MIDI inputs are possible

@crushed Cool cheers I take back what I said then more than single track midi in is recording available.

It’s just a bit of a fluff setting it up with the manual arm engaged etc. I know they must of been a way couldn’t quite work it out. The functions of the shift key need to be on the front page of the manual! Once it’s out. 😀

• Still getting freeze issues when I try to edit on the notes track. The app just freezes and locks the audio buffer. Has been this way for many beta releases.

• edited October 2023

Anyone managing to use BAM as a pure clip launcher in AUM? To multiple AU,s

Can BAM send out midi to more than one channel through the new engines as I can only get one to trigger at a time, even with 2 pads armed and midi channels setup 1,2 on the track midi out engines with just 2 tracks setup and ch 1&2 set in my AU,s in AUM ?

• @Jumpercollins said:

Can BAM send out midi to more than one channel through the new engines as I can only get one to trigger at a time, even with 2 pads armed and midi channels setup 1,2 on the track midi out engines with just 2 tracks setup and ch 1&2 set in my AU,s in AUM ?

Yes, works as expected. What’s a bit odd is that, in the MIDI OUT engine, channels are numbered 0-15 instead of 1-16 so that can lead to some confusion.

• edited October 2023

I’m happy to report that BAM is very usable on a 2017 ipad, running a few percussion tracks, a couple of Oscillator tracks and an audiounit DRC. I’ll be using this a lot!

• edited October 2023

@branis said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Yes, works as expected. What’s a bit odd is that, in the MIDI OUT engine, channels are numbered 0-15 instead of 1-16 so that can lead to some confusion.

Just tried changing to that still not getting midi in ! It’s going somewhere! Edit all sorted from a fresh project cheers.

• @Ailerom said:
    Still getting freeze issues when I try to edit on the notes track. The app just freezes and locks the audio buffer. Has been this way for many beta releases.

If you haven’t already, posting a demonstration of how to make the freeze happen could be very helpful to the developers.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Ailerom said:
    Still getting freeze issues when I try to edit on the notes track. The app just freezes and locks the audio buffer. Has been this way for many beta releases.

If you haven’t already, posting a demonstration of how to make the freeze happen could be very helpful to the developers.

Freezes are probably caused by a deadlock when attempting to lock resources for exclusive modification. Can you do a video of a typical situation where this could happen? Also, let us know the device you have. And maybe also provide us a project where that happens. We need to try to replicate the problem ourselves in the most similar scenario as possible. I believe this freezes wont lead to crash reports because the application needs to be forced to quit and we don't receive information about them.

Thanks! :blush:

• @HotStrange
    Sorry for the late reply
    On holiday with the kids
    Just got another session with bam
    I now know how to use my own samples
    So all good
    Doesn’t see audio share, but just made a new folder in files and filled it with some of my fodder

• edited October 2023

@Gdub said:
    @HotStrange
    Sorry for the late reply
    On holiday with the kids
    So all good
    Doesn’t see audio share, but just made a new folder in files and filled it with some of my fodder

@Gdub I made the devs aware of the locations problem with apps like audioshare not showing and also iCloud samples in sub folder issues.

• @Jumpercollins
    Nice work
    I have intermittent signal at the moment

• @ the devs
    Noticed a bug where if you change to keys/pads and then go to mixer view they go grey and don’t work but changing the options again brings them back to life

• @Gdub said:
    @HotStrange
    Sorry for the late reply
    On holiday with the kids
    So all good

Cool glad you got it figured 👍🏻

• @sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ailerom said:

Freezes are probably caused by a deadlock when attempting to lock resources for exclusive modification. Can you do a video of a typical situation where this could happen? Also, let us know the device you have. And maybe also provide us a project where that happens. We need to try to replicate the problem ourselves in the most similar scenario as possible. I believe this freezes wont lead to crash reports because the application needs to be forced to quit and we don't receive information about them.

Thanks for the reply. I've already done this. On the 15/09/23 I sent a video of the process leading to the crash. Nothing has changed for me since then. You said at the time it couldn't be replicated.

• @Ailerom said:

@sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ailerom said:

Thanks for the reply. I've already done this. On the 15/09/23 I sent a video of the process leading to the crash. Nothing has changed for me since then. You said at the time it couldn't be replicated.

It was a long time ago. Many things have changed since then. If you could do it again that would be helpful. Thanks! ☺️

• @sinosoidal said:

@Ailerom said:

@sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ailerom said:

It was a long time ago. Many things have changed since then. If you could do it again that would be helpful. Thanks! ☺️

It's exactly the same as it was. If you check that last video I sent you will have the same thing you would if I sent it again.

• @Ailerom said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Ailerom said:

@sinosoidal said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ailerom said:

It's exactly the same as it was. If you check that last video I sent you will have the same thing you would if I sent it again.

Ok, can you at least pass me the link again? I can't remember if you have sent me via pvt message, email or shared it here in the forum.

• @sinosoidal said:
    Ok, can you at least pass me the link again? I can't remember if you have sent me via pvt message, email or shared it here in the forum.

@Ailerom said:

I emailed it to you on 15/09/23. If you can't find that let me know and I'll do it again when I get the chance.

• edited October 2023

I had some issue with crashes while in piano roll and adjusting an au3v plugin patch.
    I was on ios 15.6.1, I upgraded my iOS versions to 16.7.1 and the crashes were gone (7th & 9th gen).

• How does one change the beat grid resolution. Such a simple and necessary function but seemingly difficult and not intuitive to find.

Note repeat/sub divisions?

• edited October 2023

@CapnWillie said:
    How does one change the beat grid resolution. Such a simple and necessary function but seemingly difficult and not intuitive to find.

@CapnWillie

• plus or - minus buttons to expand Composer pianoroll.

/2 x2 buttons to change the grid size In pianoroll. Use the slider between the 2 to expand or zoom in.

The little numbers 64,16 etc next to the instrument name are in relation to beat divisions that are changed by the + plus or - minus buttons on the right. Each instrument can have a different grid resolution in the Composer pianoroll.

No note repeat at present. However the devs have been made aware that it’s a popular function that’s in a lot of beat maker apps so hopefully will be implemented in the near future.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@CapnWillie said:
    How does one change the beat grid resolution. Such a simple and necessary function but seemingly difficult and not intuitive to find.

@CapnWillie

/2 x2 buttons to change the grid size In pianoroll. Use the slider between the 2 to expand or zoom in.

The little numbers 64,16 etc next to the instrument name are in relation to beat divisions that are changed by the + plus or - minus buttons on the right. Each instrument can have a different grid resolution in the Composer pianoroll.

No note repeat at present. However the devs have been made aware that it’s a popular function that’s in a lot of beat maker apps so hopefully will be implemented in the near future.

Thanks 🙏🏽.

Just downloaded and still stumbling about but I thought the little (+) and (/2) were just expanding the amount of bars. Personally I’d just like the ability to quickly select grid divisions like any other groovebox. Having to tap a button several times vs a simple drop down is questionable UX imo but I’ll keep an open mind.

I’m going to buy this app. $14.99 is a no brainer. The sounds are really good and probably worth that much alone.

• edited October 2023

@CapnWillie said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@CapnWillie said:

@CapnWillie

Thanks 🙏🏽.

Just downloaded and still stumbling about but I thought the little (+) and (/2) were just expanding the amount of bars. Personally I’d just like the ability to quickly select grid divisions like any other groovebox. Having to tap a button several times vs a simple drop down is questionable UX imo but I’ll keep an open mind.

I’m going to buy this app. $14.99 is a no brainer. The sounds are really good and probably worth that much alone.

@CapnWillie You actually may be right ref bars and divisions. Agreed not keen on the plus or minus buttons much prefer 2 finger drag on pianoroll for expanding or drop down options as stated. For info the shift buttons bottom left / right have lots of hidden uses. One for example if you lasso a selection of notes in composer then hold shift and drag it copy’s that selection. A lot of the old functionality of LK is the same in BAM and a lot more is going to come across.

Overall there’s a lot to like in BAM.

As a midi clip launcher AU I have found it very stable now in AUM and ApeMatrix and with the follow actions which is a highlight for me, you can really get a full song going so adds missing pieces to AUM. It’s like having a mini Ableton Live functionality inside them.

You can use BAM as a instrument or Midi AU or both at the same time so very flexible.

• Has anyone managed to map velocity to 'filter envelope depth' in the BAM Sampler module?

• Is the midi out module the only current module that you can change the macros in ?

• edited October 2023

Thanks for the tip @Jumpercollins

I vaguely remember the shift button from LK and see it has been implemented on both sides for quick access. Noticing lots of LK dna. Continuity is a good thing.

@sinosoidal please prioritize note repeat and simple grid division selection. That’s an essential/deal breaking feature for a large group of folks I think will find this app very useful. However, I think many will skip if they learn it can’t do note repeat. Same with grid divisions. This should be 2 taps max to go from 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/16t, etc. when programming drums.