Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• @jaijai said:
    Anyone figured out how to copy paste notes in the pianoroll?

Select notes, hold or double tap shift to lock it, move notes

• edited October 2023

@jaijai bottom right arrow in the bottom toolbar is a shift key . If you hold that and drag out the copy part or duplicate notes appear and you drop them where you want them. Obviously you can lasso sections of notes by just dragging across them as normal.

I think the shift arrow has quite a few functions that are not obvious at present hopefully someone can list them.

• @jaijai said:
    Anyone figured out how to copy paste notes in the piano roll?

Might not be available yet. We have an old, not merged fix for LK, that was precisely for that. @xglax might know it better than me.

• @sinosoidal said:

@jaijai said:
    Anyone figured out how to copy paste notes in the piano roll?

Might not be available yet. We have an old, not merged fix for LK, that was precisely for that. @xglax might know it better than me.

@sinosoidal See my comment above

• @HotStrange said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @sinosoidal Just tried my Korg Nanokey Studio via Bluetooth MIDI Mapping is simple enough for the best part it worked also recording in automation via my keyboard works. Had one or 2 issues which I reported.

One the whole top job. ( Now need a bigger more knob, button controller !)

Hope we get scene launch mapping in the future as this in live use would be valuable. Also the plus / minus buttons to enlarge the pianoroll would be nice as find tapping these to extend the pianoroll the biggest workflow killer at present.

Bit unsure what the configuration button does under mapping manager anyone figure out ?

Hopefully once the manual comes out it will list what is midi mappable.

Dont wanna derail the thread too much but how do you like the Nanokey Studio? I’m looking at getting that and the NanoKontrol soon. Can the pads be paged over to have a full 16 or is it only 8?

@ I like the compact size of them and obviously built in BT. No pads have secondary use but only 8 no paging.
    Shame as BAM has 16. Been thinking what midi controller going to be the ideal one for BAM it appears more buttons / pads the better once it’s released and added to.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@HotStrange said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @sinosoidal Just tried my Korg Nanokey Studio via Bluetooth MIDI Mapping is simple enough for the best part it worked also recording in automation via my keyboard works. Had one or 2 issues which I reported.

Hope we get scene launch mapping in the future as this in live use would be valuable. Also the plus / minus buttons to enlarge the pianoroll would be nice as find tapping these to extend the pianoroll the biggest workflow killer at present.

Bit unsure what the configuration button does under mapping manager anyone figure out ?

Dont wanna derail the thread too much but how do you like the Nanokey Studio? I’m looking at getting that and the NanoKontrol soon. Can the pads be paged over to have a full 16 or is it only 8?

@ I like the compact size of them and obviously built in BT. No pads have secondary use but only 8 no paging.
    Shame as BAM has 16. Been thinking what midi controller going to be the ideal one for BAM it appears more buttons / pads the better once it’s released and added to.

You have 8 scenes, basically 8 presets, so you could use 2 scenes for 16 pads

• @Jumpercollins said:

Dont wanna derail the thread too much but how do you like the Nanokey Studio? I’m looking at getting that and the NanoKontrol soon. Can the pads be paged over to have a full 16 or is it only 8? > @Jumpercollins said:

@HotStrange said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Ah damn. Thanks. Looks like the best case for me is a Novation Launchkey with a CME Widi for Bluetooth. It has all 16 pads on the UI, with sliders, knobs, and 4 octaves of keys.

• @branis @Jumpercollins @sinosoidal
    Thank you, I can now copy notes 🙂

BAM is becoming my go-to jam app, the workflow is so fast.
    When it will host plug-ins on the computer, I think it will become my go-to on the desktop also.

• edited October 2023

Sweet update guys time to break the hardware out ! How are the new macros set up ?

Edit all sorted now macros work fab great addition.

• @jaijai said:
    @branis @Jumpercollins @sinosoidal

When it will host plug-ins on the computer, I think it will become my go-to on the desktop also.

Agreed, I’ve been having a blast with it. It’s come a long way stability wise since I was on the first beta. I’m super stoked for this one. GR-16 has been my go to groovebox for a while but this may take its spot as the top dog for me.

Drambo is still amazing but it transcends groovebox status so I’m not including it. Strictly as a groovebox, BAM is nearly untouchable.

• edited October 2023

@HotStrange said:

@jaijai said:

Agreed, I’ve been having a blast with it. It’s come a long way stability wise since I was on the first beta. I’m super stoked for this one. GR-16 has been my go to groovebox for a while but this may take its spot as the top dog for me.

Drambo is still amazing but it transcends groovebox status so I’m not including it. Strictly as a groovebox, BAM is nearly untouchable.

Totally agree, it’s fast becoming my main tool to get something going real quick. I actually find it less distracting than using Drambo with all its features and options. At present the workflow is solid I hope they don’t muddy the waters down the line by adding in to much fodder.

If Drambo frightens you grab this learn it and then move onto Drambo if you want more that would be my advice as the 2 are very similar at their heart.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@HotStrange said:

@jaijai said:

Totally agree, it’s fast becoming my main tool to get something going real quick. I actually find it less distracting than using Drambo with all its features and options. At present the workflow is solid I hope they don’t muddy the waters down the line by adding in to much fodder.

If Drambo frightens you grab this learn it and then move onto Drambo if you want more that would be my advice as the 2 are very similar at their heart.

For sure! I hope the same for Koala. Both of these apps really benefit from the somewhat simpler workflow. They do just enough to make them super fun and useful while also giving you those creative limitations.

I love Drambo but I use it as either a weird synth/sampler, a sequencer/clip launcher, or an effect. I rarely use it as a straightforward groovebox and I love that it’s powerful enough to do that. But if I went a classic groovebox workflow, BAM will probably be the first one I reach for.

I’ll still always have that soft spot for GR-16 though and will likely still use it (and especially Pure Acid) occasionally

• I also don’t have any problem with the 2 fx slots. I mostly use Sunvox, miRack or Drambo to setup a fx chain.

Any of you buying the desktop version? I have been more productive on the desktop with BAM than any other DAW lately, that is with just using the sampler and built in synths.

• Is anyone in beta trying this on an older ipad? I was wondering how cpu efficient it is, as I’m on a 2017 ipad.

• @purpan2 said:
    Is anyone in beta trying this on an older ipad? I was wondering how cpu efficient it is, as I’m on a 2017 ipad.

I’m beta testing on an iPad Pro M2, and also on an iPad mini 5. The iPad mini 5 has pretty much been about the same efficiency as the Pro M2.

Or, I should say that in use, I haven’t noticed any significant performance hit for average use on the more legacy iPad mini 5.

• @skiphunt said:

@purpan2 said:
    Is anyone in beta trying this on an older ipad? I was wondering how cpu efficient it is, as I’m on a 2017 ipad.

I’m beta testing on an iPad Pro M2, and also on an iPad mini 5. The iPad mini 5 has pretty much been about the same efficiency as the Pro M2.

Or, I should say that in use, I haven’t noticed any significant performance hit for average use on the more legacy iPad mini 5.

Thanks, that’s encouraging. The mini 5 is still a bit more powerful than my 2017 dinosaur model, though.

• @purpan2 said:

@skiphunt said:

@purpan2 said:

Thanks, that’s encouraging. The mini 5 is still a bit more powerful than my 2017 dinosaur model, though.

Pure speculation, but my guess is that after they nail rock solid stability (very close) and start optimizing… you’ll likely be fine on a 2017 machine by launch.

• @skiphunt said:

@purpan2 said:

@skiphunt said:

@purpan2 said:

Pure speculation, but my guess is that after they nail rock solid stability (very close) and start optimizing… you’ll likely be fine on a 2017 machine by launch.

Thanks again. I'll probably take the plunge then.

• @purpan2 said:

I tested on a 7th gen, 9th gen and iPad Pro 5g.
    On the 7th gen, I could make it run 5 sample tracks, sugarbytes aprillo, sb drumcomputer, sb cyclops, Agonizer and model d. I adjusted the sample buffer, cpu would be around 80%. This was the max, after this it would crackle and become sluggish.
    Those are some really heavy plugins, I can imagine using some lighter plugins it would be no problem at all.

• @jaijai said:

@purpan2 said:

I tested on a 7th gen, 9th gen and iPad Pro 5g.
    On the 7th gen, I could make it run 5 sample tracks, sugarbytes aprillo, sb drumcomputer, sb cyclops, Agonizer and model d. I adjusted the sample buffer, cpu would be around 80%. This was the max, after this it would crackle and become sluggish.
    Those are some really heavy plugins, I can imagine using some lighter plugins it would be no problem at all.

Cheers for the info. I’ve pre-ordered and asked to join the beta.

• @purpan2 said:

I run it on a 2018 iPad and it runs well but the 2018 iPads are quite a bit more performant than the 2017s.

• @espiegel123 said:

@purpan2 said:

I run it on a 2018 iPad and it runs well but the 2018 iPads are quite a bit more performant than the 2017s.

Thanks for the info. I’ll give it a go and see. Most things still run fine on the 2017 model.

• edited October 2023

Will this host MIDI FX AUs and record the output to MIDI clips?

Cubasis does this, though obviously not to clips but to tracks. Would be great if this Bam host did too, to make easy use of all the quality MIDI FX available on iOS.

edit:

Found answer in thread: No.

• Not now
    But perhaps in the future
    Fingers crossed

• Is there support for launchpads or other controllers like in LK???

• Yes, but still very limited since launching of scenes and clips is not programmable to any CC controller so far. In LK is is.
    Deal breaker for me, how else would you lauch your clips? Surely not by tapping around on a small ipad screen?

• @henningz said:
    Yes, but still very limited since launching of scenes and clips is not programmable to any CC controller so far. In LK is is.
    Deal breaker for me, how else would you lauch your clips? Surely not by tapping around on a small ipad screen?

That’s how I launch clips in Drambo 🤷‍♂️

• @henningz said:
    Yes, but still very limited since launching of scenes and clips is not programmable to any CC controller so far. In LK is is.

Lol what? I’m pretty sure tons of people launch clips that way. That’s how I do it 75% of the time. I mean apps like Launchpad, Koala, Drambo, LK, etc all get plenty of sales and use from people who don’t even own a midi controller.

An 11/12.9” ipad is the same size as a lot of standalone midi pad controllers that you would use to launch clips.

• edited October 2023

@ChimmyChungaFace said:
    Will this host MIDI FX AUs and record the output to MIDI clips?

Cubasis does this, though obviously not to clips but to tracks. Would be great if this Bam host did too, to make easy use of all the quality MIDI FX available on iOS.

edit:

Found answer in thread: No.

@ChimmyChungaFace You can get around it by sending in midi fx chains via AUM stand-alone to standalone
    , or Host BAM in AUM as a AUv3 and send midi fx into your selected track that way at present. However currently as a AUv3 BAM only appears to accept 1 midi stream at a time.

• Beta updates almost daily
    And stability seems pretty solid right now
    My opinion is just my opinion, I will be purchasing this app as a fun groove box which is fun and I like the layout and it fits my needs, who knows where this will end up, the devs are cool and open to ideas
    I must be missing something, it has audio, that you can drop on pads, can I import my own audio ?