Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• Bit far out this one.

Anyone tried BAM in its clip launcher AU guise inside the keyboard AU slot of Multitrack Studio DAW. Can you send midi out to more than one instrument at a time using the keyboard AU slot of MTS?

• edited October 2023

Swipe your finger across the bar between the plus and minus to change grid division. Edit: actually that might just be the zoom in or out for the view. 🤷‍♂️

• edited October 2023

@db909 said:
    Swipe your finger across the bar between the plus and minus to change grid division. Edit: actually that might just be the zoom in or out for the view. 🤷‍♂️

I’ll give your suggestion a try but I don’t think grid division is possible however even if it is, I think we’ve proven it needs some immediate attention. Nothing this essential should be difficult to find.

• If I want to play in a bassline/melody - do I need to know and specify in advance how many bars I will want the loop to be? Or, like DRAMBO, can I play until I am finished and instantly loop it? Without pre determining in advance how many bars id want it to be (sometimes I dont know myself, drambo 's looping is amazing in that regard)

• edited October 2023

@Nasatyuana said:
    If I want to play in a bassline/melody - do I need to know and specify in advance how many bars I will want the loop to be? Or, like DRAMBO, can I play until I am finished and instantly loop it? Without pre determining in advance how many bars id want it to be (sometimes I dont know myself, drambo 's looping is amazing in that regard)

I don’t think so, but how do you do this in Drambo? I don’t use it all that often so sometimes I don’t know these things. Edit: wow I didn’t realize that had become the default behavior and here I’ve been setting the clip length in Drambo manually every time😂.

But yeah in BAM you have to specify

• Can BAM be run as an AUv3?

• @qqq said:
    Can BAM be run as an AUv3?

Yes u can instrument, and midi

• @Jumpercollins said:

@qqq said:

Thanks! Pre-ordered.

Even if I don't use it as my hosting environment, $15 for a bunch of instruments and FX seems pretty solid.

That being said, if BAM ever gets a tight midi controller integration with a Lauchpad Pro or something, that would be a game-changer.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@qqq said:

Don’t forget as an effect too. It’s really powerful as a multi effect in an FX slot.

• @qqq said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@qqq said:

Thanks! Pre-ordered.

Even if I don't use it as my hosting environment, $15 for a bunch of instruments and FX seems pretty solid.

That being said, if BAM ever gets a tight midi controller integration with a Lauchpad Pro or something, that would be a game-changer.

I’m pretty sure it will get that midi hardware support down the line. If you look what LK has now a lot of the features are coming over slowly.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@qqq said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@qqq said:

Thanks! Pre-ordered.

I’m pretty sure it will get that midi hardware support down the line. If you look what LK has now a lot of the features are coming over slowly.

Sick :)

• Does anyone know if the keyboard (piano roll) can be put in a specific scale?

• Is there a way to record midi from an AUV3? For instance if I have FAC drumkit, I want to tap on the pads in it and have that recorded as midi in BAM. I couldn’t make that happen so I’m wondering if that’s possible. I’ve had similar issues with Drambo, and I know there are workarounds there but they are clunky unfortunately.

• edited November 2023

@Oregano said:
    Is there a way to record midi from an AUV3? For instance if I have FAC drumkit, I want to tap on the pads in it and have that recorded as midi in BAM. I couldn’t make that happen so I’m wondering if that’s possible. I’ve had similar issues with Drambo, and I know there are workarounds there but they are clunky unfortunately.

Currently no there isn’t a way to record midi in the way you describe. You looking at workarounds inside another host like AUM.

• Where is the proper place to get support while learning the beta @sinosoidal ? Somehow I have managed to get different notes while drawing the steps but I cannot repeat that. Also is there a way for the randomization icon to create different notes? If yes, then how to change the scale? Thanks. Piotr

• @Oregano said:
    Is there a way to record midi from an AUV3? For instance if I have FAC drumkit, I want to tap on the pads in it and have that recorded as midi in BAM. I couldn’t make that happen so I’m wondering if that’s possible. I’ve had similar issues with Drambo, and I know there are workarounds there but they are clunky unfortunately.

It depends on whether the AU in question sends out midi when you tap its pads.

• I understand why I was getting different notes while drawing the steps. It's because the notes are stored in the automation level as a change of the root note. Therefore, notes from the automation are used when you redraw the steps.

• so excited to play with this on Monday!!

• @drewinnit said:
    so excited to play with this on Monday!!

It’s really fun :) 🤩

• Has anyone managed to find a way to edit the velocity of the individual notes in a chord?
    All I can find is velocity for all notes on a step in the automation section.

Also I can't seem to find any way to route velocity to filter envelope-depth or filter cut-off?!

Am I being a 'too advanced user' for BAM?!

• @Samu said:
    Has anyone managed to find a way to edit the velocity of the individual notes in a chord?

Also I can't seem to find any way to route velocity to filter envelope-depth or filter cut-off?!

You can control the filter of the internal synth "Oscillator" with velocity by turning the "Vel" knob in the filter section

• @branis said:

@Samu said:
    Has anyone managed to find a way to edit the velocity of the individual notes in a chord?

You can control the filter of the internal synth "Oscillator" with velocity by turning the "Vel" knob in the filter section

What about the filter in the sampler module?

• I get ‘stuck notes’ when using the on-screen keyboard to trigger notes and tweaking the oscillator synth in windowed mode.

• @Samu said:

@branis said:

@Samu said:

No luck there

• @branis said:

No luck there

Thanks!

I was thinking about using the modulator section here and connecting one of the Modulators to the samplers filter parameters but it only contains Envelopes and LFOs even though Velocity, Mod Wheel etc. definitely qualify as a 'modulators' :sunglasses:

To BAM or not to BAM that is the question...

• @Samu said:
    I get ‘stuck notes’ when using the on-screen keyboard to trigger notes and tweaking the oscillator synth in windowed mode.

That's actually a current platform limitation. The underlying platform we use for development takes the focus out of a certain window when the other window is focused, therefore, the interaction area that was press (pads), get touches cancelled when we interact with an engine window parameter. We need to report in order to find if this is a bug or a limitation.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Samu said:
    I get ‘stuck notes’ when using the on-screen keyboard to trigger notes and tweaking the oscillator synth in windowed mode.

That's actually a current platform limitation. The underlying platform we use for development takes the focus out of a certain window when the other window is focused, therefore, the interaction area that was press (pads), get touches cancelled when we interact with an engine window parameter. We need to report in order to find if this is a bug or a limitation.

Ok, that will make it very awkward to edit and preview the synths or samplers without using an external keyboard to trigger the sounds.

Maybe it's possible to temporarily replace the two upper sections with an enlarged view of the 'sound modules' and leave the bottom area for the keyboard/pads?

This way no floating windows would be needed when doing sound editing as all 'touch objects' would remain on the same 'layer' which should at least in theory work?

The 'platform' should definitely be able to handle both windowed and background touches at the same time.
    If not, what is the real point of using movable windows at all?

OT. In Drambo I can have multiple floating AUv3 windows active, tweak each of them while performing with the on-screen keyboard without any issues.

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Samu said:

Ok, that will make it very awkward to edit and preview the synths or samplers without using an external keyboard to trigger the sounds.

Maybe it's possible to temporarily replace the two upper sections with an enlarged view of the 'sound modules' and leave the bottom area for the keyboard/pads?

This way no floating windows would be needed when doing sound editing as all 'touch objects' would remain on the same 'layer' which should at least in theory work?

The 'platform' should definitely be able to handle both windowed and background touches at the same time.
    If not, what is the real point of using movable windows at all?

OT. In Drambo I can have multiple floating AUv3 windows active, tweak each of them while performing with the on-screen keyboard without any issues.

Cheers!

We are obviously aware this is an issue as you might understand, but right now it is out of our hands and we hopefully find a solution as soon as possible.

• @sinosoidal said:

We are obviously aware this is an issue as you might understand, but right now it is out of our hands and we hopefully find a solution as soon as possible.

Gotcha!

It works quite ok when using an external controller but for me personally that defeats the purpose of using a 'mobile device'.

Stability seems quite ok now and I have quite hard to to crash it :sunglasses:

Cheers!