Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• Is it wise to delete the beta/testflightversion before downloadning the official release? (iOS)

Thanks

• Is now kind of intro price?

• edited November 2023

@128BPM said:
    Is it wise to delete the beta/testflightversion before downloadning the official release? (iOS)

Thanks

@128BPM One overwrites the other.

If you delete the beta first make sure you backup any projects you want to keep.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    Is now kind of intro price?

I heard after release the intro price was 30% off.

• Quick effort using BAM in AUM as a clip launcher for other AU,s and as an instrument providing drums.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@128BPM said:
    Is it wise to delete the beta/testflightversion before downloadning the official release? (iOS)

Thanks

If you delete the beta first make sure you backup any projects you want to keep.

Thank You! 😀

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Quick effort using BAM in AUM as a clip launcher for other AU,s and as an instrument providing drums.

This is very 90s sounding I love it. Excellent stuff for a “quick” effort!

I see iBassist in the midi slot. See you just using it to send midi only here?

• @chaocrator said:
    @sinosoidal where do I report things properly once it's released?
    in particular about desktop version (since for iPad version i have respective Testflight function)

You can reach us via website or discord. You can also send me a direct message here via audiobus forum.

• @Pxlhg said:
    It's out: premiere for me who skipped the beta, exciting times.🎹

Edit: Sound and looks great! I'm too tired to do anything but listening to the demos but I will deep dive later. Congrats to @sinosoidal and the rest of the team, well done!

Thank you for your kind words! :blush:

• edited November 2023

@Samu said:
    I'm quite sure they'll continue to do beta on it to iron out existing and new post-release issues as well as adding new features over time which will also need some testing before they reach the general public.

And what better 'beta-crew' than those who have already participated in making BAM what it has become?!

So I'd say it's quite safe to keep on using the betas unless they remove the builds together with all current testers and focus on a new more closed beta program post release...

There will be a lot of things to iron out, that's for sure. We still have an open issue called Samu wishlist:

:blush:

• @128BPM said:

Thanks

Right now, the beta version is exactly the same as the published version. No need to worry!

• @sinosoidal said:

@Samu said:
    I'm quite sure they'll continue to do beta on it to iron out existing and new post-release issues as well as adding new features over time which will also need some testing before they reach the general public.

And what better 'beta-crew' than those who have already participated in making BAM what it has become?!

So I'd say it's quite safe to keep on using the betas unless they remove the builds together with all current testers and focus on a new more closed beta program post release...

There will be a lot of things to iron out, that's for sure. We still have an open issue called Samu wishlist:

😂😂😂 I love that. Samu wish list. He’ll be quite pleased.

Congrats guys!

• @MAtrixplan said:

BAM has been released with 30% discount for undetermined time (I can assure you at least two weeks). The normal retail price will be $29.99 / € 29.99 once the introductory period has been over.

The App Store listing says 50% off introductory price in the listing but that's because we have missed that on the previous update. It should say 30% OFF.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@128BPM said:

Thanks

Yes, that is an important detail!

• @HotStrange said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Quick effort using BAM in AUM as a clip launcher for other AU,s and as an instrument providing drums.

@HotStrange Thank you. Yes iBassist is great for sending riffs out to other app bass patches here’s the midi matrix for the project if your interested.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@MAtrixplan said:

I heard after release the intro price was 30% off.

Exactly! :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@Samu said:

That brilliant love it !

• Can someone do a tutorial on this thing :D I have problems with midi i/o. Not able to get midi in, neither in standalone mode nor midi.

• @sinosoidal said:

@128BPM said:

Thanks

Right now, the beta version is exactly the same as the published version. No need to worry!

Ok, great.
    (Though installing the official release feels more like attending a party/premiere 🥂)

Thank you for a fantastic app.
    The coming week I’ll try to make it the centrepiece of everything

• @Jumpercollins said:

@sinosoidal said:

@Samu said:

That brilliant love it !

That kinda made mig giggle a bit haha.

It's really nothing super advanced, things like per-note velocity editing in the piano-roll.
    Currently all notes use the velocity from the 'trigger module' which can be automated per step.

Some day I'd also like to see 'Velocity' as one option in the Modulator module so it could be routed to various parameters.
    Like filter cut-off or filter envelope-depth in the sampler module as a few examples, or why not even sample-start?!

The 'Trigger Module' would also need to be able to handle multiple notes at once so for example each note in a chord gets the actual note velocity played on the keyboard.

This would make it easier to create more dynamically playable instruments.

Also when automating sample-start it could be handy to se a mini-preview of the sample making it easier to set the start-point ala Elektron DigiTakt.

You all know me by now I'll never run out of ideas on how to 'improve' an app in a practical way :sunglasses:

Cheers!

• Hey Great to have the Grand Opening!
    I hope the sales are good, because already in beta I liked the workflow a lot, of course there will also be some changes over time - but as I „know“ imaginando it will be good ones 😊 - hope I‘ll remain in the beta group.
    Cheers

• @Jumpercollins said:

@HotStrange said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@HotStrange Thank you. Yes iBassist is great for sending riffs out to other app bass patches here’s the midi matrix for the project if your interested.

Oh wow trooper was doing the bass? That’s one of my most used synths also. Good stuff. I’m hoping for some Lumbeat sales on Black Friday. Really would like iBassist and Hiphip drummer.

• edited November 2023

@Bele said:
    Can someone do a tutorial on this thing :D I have problems with midi i/o. Not able to get midi in, neither in standalone mode nor midi.

@Bele Did you arm the track think ABLETON style workflow. Here’s a quick video showing Fugue machine in. Both in standalone with Midi Fire just to show the midi ports.

Also where it sayes track number to the right of that floppy disk icon is midi channel select in and out for the selected engine.

I tried Scaler into composer and that works just make sure track is ARMED.

• BAM can modulate just about anything with midi learn and sequencing. Here I’m using it to modulate Strokes sequencer lane lengths.

It’s simple to set up just tap on the hexangle shape top right in the AUM window hit learn and move a control within the AU instrument of choice. A knob will be created then learn that to the BAM sequencer.

• Mmmmm… Gadgety. I like it. This moves into an area that has been sorely lacking for me, and in particular eliminates my frustrations with LK.

• On the top right of the matrix section, what does the down arrow which changes to yellow do when tapped ?

• @Gdub said:
    On the top right of the matrix section, what does the down arrow which changes to yellow do when tapped ?

Thats to disable follow actions

• @Gdub said:
    On the top right of the matrix section, what does the down arrow which changes to yellow do when tapped ?

@Gdyb I asked the same question to the dev last week and got this answer back.

It enables/disables Follow Actions. We thought it would be handier to toggle it rather than temporarily removing the FA from the scenes you want to loop while you're editing them.

• @Jumpercollins
    Thanks
    One thing that took me a while was where midi out was located and changing channels, midi out is kinda hidden in the engine for each channel