Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• @Samu said:

@branis said:

What about the filter in the sampler module?

No luck there

Thanks!

I was thinking about using the modulator section here and connecting one of the Modulators to the samplers filter parameters but it only contains Envelopes and LFOs even though Velocity, Mod Wheel etc. definitely qualify as a 'modulators' :sunglasses:

To BAM or not to BAM that is the question...

You can always learn the cutoff and automate it step by step

• edited November 2023

@branis said:

@Samu said:

@branis said:

What about the filter in the sampler module?

No luck there

Thanks!

I was thinking about using the modulator section here and connecting one of the Modulators to the samplers filter parameters but it only contains Envelopes and LFOs even though Velocity, Mod Wheel etc. definitely qualify as a 'modulators' :sunglasses:

To BAM or not to BAM that is the question...

That’s one of my favourite things about BAM you can easily learn anything. Was running Stokes with it the other day. You can map the sequencers the lot.

• @branis said:

It's all about creating sample-based instruments that respond to velocity in various ways...

• @Jumpercollins said:

That’s one of my favourite things about BAM you can easily learn anything. Was running Stokes with it the other day. You can map the sequencers the lot.

It's all about creating sample-based instruments that respond to velocity in various ways...

• @Samu said:

@sinosoidal said:

We are obviously aware this is an issue as you might understand, but right now it is out of our hands and we hopefully find a solution as soon as possible.

Gotcha!

It works quite ok when using an external controller but for me personally that defeats the purpose of using a 'mobile device'.

Stability seems quite ok now and I have quite hard to to crash it :sunglasses:

Cheer

So it happens even when using an external iOS/AU midi controller as well?

• edited November 2023

1) regarding comparisons with Drambo. i'm a heavy Drambo user myself – but instantly fell in love with BAM and preordered it. because when i want to sketch a track – the very last thing i want to do is building stuff from modules. yeah, i'm aware that Drambo hosts AUv3's – but how many of those AUv3's work on desktop when i want to continue working on a project there?also, despite Drambo does run on desktop – it's just not really made for it. BAM on desktop is significantly quicker (mind that their workflows are VERY similar).

so Drambo will remain my live sequencer and main app for building weird things when i need them.
    but for sketching – BAM all the way. it just works and keeps me away from too many overwhelming options. i appreciate this a lot since i make music in my spare time which is limited, so everything that speeds me up – rocks.

2) after a few days of noodling with BAM beta i realized that finally i've found my to-go drum machine app.
    it allows mixing sample-based (oooh, that 128 sample pool!) and synthesis-based approaches to drums in a single workflow, and 2 insert FX + 2x2 send FX is enough for drums in >90% of cases.
    and again – it's QUICK AF.

3) anyway, i wish a slot for 3rd party MIDI FX. i made too much stuff with StreamByter and of course want to use it. and MIDI is not CPU heavy. and there's a lot of excellent advanced arpeggiators, generative plugins, etc etc out there, so no point to duplicate them when we could just have a way to use them.

• @chaocrator said:
    1) regarding comparisons with Drambo. i'm a heavy Drambo user myself – but instantly fell in love with BAM and preordered it. because when i want to sketch a track – the very last thing i want to do is building stuff from modules. yeah, i'm aware that Drambo hosts AUv3's – but how many of those AUv3's work on desktop when i want to continue working on a project there?also, despite Drambo does run on desktop – it's just not really made for it. BAM on desktop is significantly quicker (mind that their workflows are VERY similar).

so Drambo will remain my live sequencer and main app for building weird things when i need them.
    but for sketching – BAM all the way. it just works and keeps me away from too many overwhelming options. i appreciate this a lot since i make music in my spare time which is limited, so everything that speeds me up – rocks.

2) after a few days of noodling with BAM beta i realized that finally i've found my to-go drum machine app.
    it allows mixing sample-based (oooh, that 128 sample pool!) and synthesis-based approaches to drums in a single workflow, and 2 insert FX + 2x2 send FX is enough for drums in >90% of cases.
    and again – it's QUICK AF.

3) anyway, i wish a slot for 3rd party MIDI FX. i made too much stuff with StreamByter and of course want to use it. and MIDI is not CPU heavy. and there's a lot of excellent advanced arpeggiators, generative plugins, etc etc out there, so no point to duplicate them when we could just have a way to use them.

Yes. Using third-party midi fx would be a cool addition.

• so. release is expected tomorrow. can't wait :)

• @chaocrator said:
    so. release is expected tomorrow. can't wait :)

:blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

i'm already using beta either on iPad and Mac.
    instantly became my favorite sketching app, and my favorite drum machine.
    so looking forward.
    noticed that BAM documentation is finally complete :D

• @chaocrator said:

@sinosoidal said:

i'm already using beta either on iPad and Mac.
    instantly became my favorite sketching app, and my favorite drum machine.
    so looking forward.
    noticed that BAM documentation is finally complete :D

Not as we would like it to be but we are working on it! :smiley:

Thanks for your feedback and support! :blush:

• Please someone sum up how this is better than Gadget, aside from AUv3 support.
    Does it have scale function in the piano roll like Gadget/LK?

• @sinosoidal said:

regarding feedback:
    pleas give us that MIDI effect slot at some not too distant point :)

• @Darkstring said:
    Please someone sum up how this is better than Gadget, aside from AUv3 support.
    Does it have scale function in the piano roll like Gadget/LK?

Better is subjective. I love both and use both in totally different ways. BAM is a more straightforward groovebox whereas Gadget is closer to a full DAW with multiple complete synths, samplers, drums machines, workstations/ROMplers etc.

A big positive for BAM though is it being an AU itself, outside of just hosting them. That means you can load it in an effects slot and use the built in effects to process external audio or sample directly into it. You can also load it in a midi slot to sequencer external AUs.

• Has there been any mention of the 50 % discount being continued for some time as an introduction price? This business with pre-ordering has had multiple issues in the past, with buyers getting the app only several days later after it is available in the Appstore. Not sure if that bug has been fixed by now.

• @bleep said:
    Has there been any mention of the 50 % discount being continued for some time as an introduction price? This business with pre-ordering has had multiple issues in the past, with buyers getting the app only several days later after it is available in the Appstore. Not sure if that bug has been fixed by now.

Nope, tomorrow the introductory price will have 30% OFF only. So, a few hours left to take advantage of the pre-ordering price. :scream:

• @chaocrator said:

@sinosoidal said:

regarding feedback:
    pleas give us that MIDI effect slot at some not too distant point :)

Yes, that's something we have in our issues list. We also intend to have a public roadmap so users know, and help us define the next priorities.

• @sinosoidal
    What about beta testers?
    I am loving this app
    Should we also pre order to get the best price or is there other options?

• edited November 2023

Really enjoyed being on the BAM beta, I could never really get into LK being to clunky for my liking, but find BAM a way better model for a clip launched based beatmaker.

What I really like is BAM is super fast to get the basis of a song going thanks to “Follow Actions” and the Matrix which I find better laid out, compared with Drambo which is probably its nearest competitor like for like.

The midi learn and automation system for internal engines plus AU instruments is the quickest and best out there in any iOS Beatmaker.

As a midi clip launcher for AUM or ApeMatrix it adds the missing pieces to make them fully DAW like.

As a sample player clip launcher it works well for coming up with quick ideas.

IMHO What can be improved on:
    A beat repeat function.
    Scales and tuning options.
    More functionality inside the composer.
    A proper scalable keyboard option.
    Better iCloud / locations support.

All in all though BAM has sparked my creativity to new levels and I’m actually getting full songs completed due to its fast work flow non distracting nature which has got to be a good thing.

I wish all the Imaginando camp good luck with the upcoming launch.

• edited November 2023

@Jumpercollins said:

as for me, current BAM keyboard rocks.
    and could be even better if/when scales are implemented, so in theory up to 4 heptatonic octaves could fit keyboard area.

or it could be implemented like in Drambo that allows switching between piano-style and pad controller-style keyboard.
    because it's a matter of preference anyway – some of prefer pad controller-style key layout, others prefer piano-style.

• @Gdub said:
    @sinosoidal
    What about beta testers?
    I am loving this app
    Should we also pre order to get the best price or is there other options?

I am pretty sure Apple doesn't allow users of testflight any special preferences/prices when the app is released, so you need to pre-order to get the 50% off price.

• @nickneek
    I haven’t got a problem paying, I like it
    But ment it from the point of view as to wether the beta was going to keep running or just stop
    I am on the loopy pro beta and that gets updated on a serious amount of times, Michael is like a robot, he’s such a great developer
    So wasn’t sure what direction BAM beta was going to take
    I am not complaining, and am happy to purchase, as others have said this is a great app 🙂

• I'm quite sure they'll continue to do beta on it to iron out existing and new post-release issues as well as adding new features over time which will also need some testing before they reach the general public.

And what better 'beta-crew' than those who have already participated in making BAM what it has become?!

So I'd say it's quite safe to keep on using the betas unless they remove the builds together with all current testers and focus on a new more closed beta program post release...

• @Samu
    Your answer was kinda the reply I was searching for
    I wasn’t looking for a free ride

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Really enjoyed being on the BAM beta, I could never really get into LK being to clunky for my liking, but find BAM is a way better model for a clip launched based beatmaker.

What I really like is BAM is super fast to get the basis of a song going thanks to “Follow Actions” and the Matrix which I find better laid out, compared with Drambo which is probably its nearest competitor like for like.

The midi learn and automation system for internal engines plus AU instruments is the quickest and best out there in any iOS Beatmaker.

As a midi clip launcher for AUM or ApeMatrix it adds the missing pieces to make them fully DAW like.

As a sample player clip launcher it works well for coming up with quick ideas.

IMHO What can be improved on:
    A beat repeat function.
    Scales and tuning options.
    More functionality inside the composer.
    Better iCloud / locations support.

All in all though BAM has sparked my creativity to new levels and I’m actually getting full songs completed due to its fast work flow non distracting nature which has got to be a good thing.

I wish all the Imaginando camp good luck with the upcoming launch.

I agree with all of this. It really is a great environment more producing and is much more than just a groovebox. I can see it taking up a lot of my time 😂

Even for processing audio as a multi effect. So many use cases for BAM.

• edited November 2023

It's out: premiere for me who skipped the beta, exciting times.🎹

Edit: Sound and looks great! I'm too tired to do anything but listening to the demos but I will deep dive later. Congrats to @sinosoidal and the rest of the team, well done!

• @Gdub said:
    @Samu
    Your answer was kinda the reply I was searching for
    I wasn’t looking for a free ride

I thought you were asking if beta testers got some sort of discount. My bad.

• @Pxlhg said:
    I will deep dive later.

there's an online manual which I've read, and I can say that BAM can be learned well in 1–2 days.
    (those people who told me «it's nowhere near real DAWs» just missed the point :D )

• Really hope this one takes off. Been on the beta since the start and it’s been a pleasure to watch it grow and help it become the app that it is. I think it’s gonna end up being iOS royalty in the same way Drambo, Samplr, Patternin 2, etc are.

• @sinosoidal where do I report things properly once it's released?
    in particular about desktop version (since for iPad version i have respective Testflight function)