Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• @Samu said:
    It's mostly genre specific jargon, like calling distorted sine-waves 808s etc. etc.

yeah more or less i understand it.. i just can’t helo myself making fun of it ..

it’s just music.. all is music .. i respect all music makers, even those who make mistake and think they are just beatmakers 🤣🤣

• @dendy: you can of course prefer whatever words you like—and that doesn’t make other people’s preferences worse. For some people (lots and lots of people), “beats” is a meaningful term…nothing wrong with that.

• @dendy said:

@Samu said:
    It's mostly genre specific jargon, like calling distorted sine-waves 808s etc. etc.

yeah more or less i understand it.. i just can’t helo myself making fun of it ..

it’s just music.. all is music .. i respect all music makers, even those who make mistake and think they are just beatmakers 🤣🤣

Making 'music' is all about having fun and it really helps to be funny at times too :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@dendy said:

@RanDoM_rRay said:
    "I don't make beats, i make music" Sounds as dumb as "I'm not a painter, im an artist. I just happen to paint to make my art." Dumb wordplay on original meaning of words. What year is it now and how is that word Beats used??

Well, personally i find dumb term “beat” when discussion is about anything else that just really beats (i mean drums, percussions). Or at least, to tone it foen a bit, if not dumb then at least very inacurate and misleading. Absolutely admitting i dislike term “beats” when we are actually talkinh about music so i always appeeciare jokes about this term when used in this weird context :trollface: When i hear somebody to tell “i make beats” i always ask “you mean like you play in drums ??” :lol:

I call hiphop instros “music” too. I call all music just “music” no matter of genre. Calling music “beats” is just weird to me, that’s all.. Any form of artistic expression, no mater if it is more sample based or more synth based, more groove or more melodic based, even noise - all that is for me just “‘music”. I absolutely ignore term “beats” for anything else rhan really drum, snare, hihats and percussions.

aye, genre specific terms make a mess of language. Best to stick to purely cromulent terms.

• @AudioGus said:
    cromulent

:)

• Anyone on the beta marks out of ten for BAM. Compared to Drambo, Zenbeats BM3, Grooverider etc ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Anyone on the beta marks out of ten for BAM. Compared to Drambo, Zenbeats BM3, Grooverider etc ?

The app is undergoing a log of development and who knows exactly where it will go. In my opinion, it isn’t really fair/reasonable to be making comparisons/judgements at this stage. Also, not cool to the devs..who are being attentive to the feedback they are getting from the people that are using it.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Anyone on the beta marks out of ten for BAM. Compared to Drambo, Zenbeats BM3, Grooverider etc ?

and most crucial question of all ..

Will it be really usable for making music, or just for making beats ?

:trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

• edited August 2023

@Samu said:

wait !!! now this is for me eye opening moment … so all those people who are talking about “808 bass” are actually talking just about distorted sine, and not really about TR808 kick ????

• @dendy said:

@Samu said:

wait !!! now this is for me eye opening moment … so all those people who are talking about “808 bass” are actually talking just about distorted sine, and not really about TR808 kick ????

:sunglasses:

• So, the general resolution is to rename BAM into MAB?! And everyone will be happy. Because making beats is not trendy anymore. 😅 I need to adapt asap.

• @Luxthor said:
    So, the general resolution is to rename BAM into MAB?!

Or just "M" ;)

• edited August 2023

@espiegel123 said:
    For some people (lots and lots of people), “beats” is a meaningful term…nothing wrong with that.

It's just language changing. The older generations will always complain about the destruction of language, just as our parents and grand-parents did when we were young.

• i make Beats with my paintrbush (literally recording sound of it tapping stuff). but i make Music with the paint.
    ...just to keep messing with these silly words. Happy Creating, ALL.

• Guessing from the description that the Mac/Windows version is not standalone i.e. plugin only?

Will definitely get the iOS version but not sure abt the pc version, and would be more inclined to do so if it's also standalone.

• I’ve always hated it when people say making beats isn’t real music. Same as when you see those people say EDM is nothing but pressing a single button on a laptop. I do get the inclusive language but why couldn’t they say something like “BAM is perfect for every workflow whether you’re making beats or pop” something that’s inclusive but doesn’t seem like it’s differentiating beats and “real music”.

Or are we being too critical? Lol

Regardless this seems like a fantastic app and I think Imaginando are a great group of devs so I have faith in it.

• I don’t care what the ad says, I’ll buy anything that falls into the groovebox category.

• @HotStrange said:
    I’ve always hated it when people say making beats isn’t real music. Same as when you see those people say EDM is nothing but pressing a single button on a laptop. I do get the inclusive language but why couldn’t they say something like “BAM is perfect for every workflow whether you’re making beats or pop” something that’s inclusive but doesn’t seem like it’s differentiating beats and “real music”.

Regardless this seems like a fantastic app and I think Imaginando are a great group of devs so I have faith in it.

That 'pressing a single button' criticism has been around since synths became more popular in music, back in the 80's. I heard it from many at that time. Wasn’t true then and not really true now, either (Although using nothing but construction kits can get pretty close).

And while you're right that the descriptive copy could be improved, the potential issue is still baked into the name. BAM is actually probably a good name for a groovebox dedicated to Hip-Hop etc. But once the acronym is expanded ‘Beatmaker And Musicmaker' is pretty clumsy imo.

Will that be important in the grand scheme of things? Who knows? Are we being too critical? Perhaps But only about what will hopefully turn out to be insignificant. The actual app is a separate discussion, and should be judged on its own terms..

Still think it was worth discussing. Were I a developer, I'd think such feedback was important.

• @el_bo said:

@HotStrange said:
    I’ve always hated it when people say making beats isn’t real music. Same as when you see those people say EDM is nothing but pressing a single button on a laptop. I do get the inclusive language but why couldn’t they say something like “BAM is perfect for every workflow whether you’re making beats or pop” something that’s inclusive but doesn’t seem like it’s differentiating beats and “real music”.

That 'pressing a single button' criticism has been around since synths became more popular in music, back in the 80's. I heard it from many at that time. Wasn’t true then and not really true now, either (Although using nothing but construction kits can get pretty close).

And while you're right that the descriptive copy could be improved, the potential issue is still baked into the name. BAM is actually probably a good name for a groovebox dedicated to Hip-Hop etc. But once the acronym is expanded ‘Beatmaker And Musicmaker' is pretty clumsy imo.

Will that be important in the grand scheme of things? Who knows? Are we being too critical? Perhaps But only about what will hopefully turn out to be insignificant. The actual app is a separate discussion, and should be judged on its own terms..

Still think it was worth discussing. Were I a developer, I'd think such feedback was important.

I agree, I was mostly just asking that in jest.

But yeah the full expanded name isn’t perfect. I think just BAM with no acronym would be a great name. And then mention the uses in the ad but perhaps without differentiating the 2 and just describing what it can do.

• ‘Making beats’ is language that is natural and meaningful to a whole group of music makers. The developer is just looking to let them know about this app as well because I expect they will love it. It’s totally valid terminology and nothing new. My mates and I used to call each other ‘beat heads’ 30 years ago because we were always hunting for the dopest drum breaks and sample fodder and underground hiphop tunes. I love making beats. Tracks that make you nod your head. Music to rhyme over. Perfect. I also love making electro. And techno. And a bit of ambient.

All good! Use whatever descriptions you want to and enjoy 😛

• a beat is music.

Music is not necessarily a beat.

• @gusgranite said:
    ‘Making beats’ is language that is natural and meaningful to a whole group of music makers. The developer is just looking to let them know about this app as well because I expect they will love it. It’s totally valid terminology and nothing new. My mates and I used to call each other ‘beat heads’ 30 years ago because we were always hunting for the dopest drum breaks and sample fodder and underground hiphop tunes. I love making beats. Tracks that make you nod your head. Music to rhyme over. Perfect. I also love making electro

You seem to be in agreement that 'beats' is both valid terminology and also not distinct from music.

• @el_bo said:

@gusgranite said:
    ‘Making beats’ is language that is natural and meaningful to a whole group of music makers. The developer is just looking to let them know about this app as well because I expect they will love it. It’s totally valid terminology and nothing new. My mates and I used to call each other ‘beat heads’ 30 years ago because we were always hunting for the dopest drum breaks and sample fodder and underground hiphop tunes. I love making beats. Tracks that make you nod your head. Music to rhyme over. Perfect. I also love making electro

You seem to be in agreement that 'beats' is both valid terminology and also not distinct from music.

Absolutely. The distinction in this app is simply a helpful sign post for for a group of potential customers IMO.

• @catherder said:
    Wow, looks great, but sadly no more Android support???

No for now. Who knows in the future?

• @auxmux said:
    Hmmm, will it support AU on iOS and VSTs on desktop?

Yes, AUv3 will be supported on iOS. Plugin hosting on desktop could be a future improvement. We are focusing on the standalone and plugin side of it for now.

• @veitz said:
    Will there be automating for midicontrollers as with LK?

Since the song engine is based on the LK song engine this comes out of the box but that is something we haven't been able to fully test so far. :blush:

• @MAtrixplan said:
    One day of waiting and it is already killing me! when it will be released except that 'soon'? :)

Count with at least two more months! :wink:

• @Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Went all-in immediately

I am quite tempted by that preorder. The idea of a nice cross platform ios/vst groovebox could be damn sweet.

i actually paid without really being clear if that desktop pre-order includes the ios. Occurs to me now, probably not!

Desktop pre orders is for desktop only. Hopefully there will be an iOS pre order phase too. To be announced.

• @Gdub said:
    A ball park release date would be helpful
    Don’t want this to turn in to a 100 page guessing game

Count with at least two more months. :wink:

• @Jumpercollins said:

Why don't you get in the beta instead?