Loopy Pro: Create music, your way.

What is Loopy Pro?Loopy Pro is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive live looper, sampler, clip launcher and DAW for iPhone and iPad. At its core, it allows you to record and layer sounds in real-time to create complex musical arrangements. But it doesn’t stop there—Loopy Pro offers advanced tools to customize your workflow, build dynamic performance setups, and create a seamless connection between instruments, effects, and external gear.

Use it for live looping, sequencing, arranging, mixing, and much more. Whether you're a live performer, a producer, or just experimenting with sound, Loopy Pro helps you take control of your creative process.

Download on the App Store

Loopy Pro is your all-in-one musical toolkit. Try it for free today.

The Audiobus Forum is now the Loopy Pro Forum!

In case you didn't see the announcement thread, I have some big news: Audiobus – the app – is going to a new home. Francesco and Andrea are developers and musicians who are keen to pursue Audiobus’ further potential, keep it updated and enhance the experience for users old and new – and unlike me, they have the resources to do so! They’re full of ideas and energy, and I am confident that Audiobus will be in good hands.

The Audiobus Forum, however, is staying right here with me. After some consultation with the community here about what to do, I've decided to rename it to the Loopy Pro Forum, at forum.loopypro.com.

It has a new name and new colours, but otherwise, it's the same place, and nothing else will change.

Cheers,
Michael

Imaginando - BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker - Out Now

Comments

• @vdk_john said:
    This seems cool to come up with some ideas and I guess the reference to "Beethoven" is to highlight the fact it can be also be used to come up with melodies and harmonies. Seems likely however that it will only support 4/4?

Nope. Multiple time signatures supported....even for different tracks in the same project.

• edited September 2023

@espiegel123 said:
    Nope. Multiple time signatures supported....even for different tracks in the same project.

Nice! I was looking at the toolbar at the top where the BPMs are, but yeah at track level there is a note icon with 4/4 so I guess that allows you to select a different one 🤩

• @vdk_john said:

@espiegel123 said:

Nice! I was looking at the toolbar at the top where the BPMs are, but yeah at track level there is a note icon with 4/4 so I guess that allows you to select a different one 🤩

Yep it has many, many different time signatures to choose from :)

• Idk what y’all talking about drambo but Strokes is by far the best iOS groovebox audio workstation hands down, also cross platform and modular if Bam can even come close I’d be impressed looks promising but I don’t think 🤔 any app will dethrone Strokes it’s super stable for live performances and modulation is off the charts plus the GUI looks like a freaking spaceship console 🚀 from StarTrek.

• edited September 2023

@SonicVibe said:
    Idk what y’all talking about drambo but Strokes is by far the best iOS groovebox audio workstation hands down, also cross platform and modular if Bam can even come close I’d be impressed looks promising but I don’t think 🤔 any app will dethrone Strokes it’s super stable for live performances and modulation is off the charts plus the GUI looks like a freaking spaceship console 🚀 from StarTrek.

well tried Strokes.. it’s only app in my life where i was not able to understand UI and make anything meaningful not even after half of hour of trying … absolute gigantic hell of UI mess.. deleted it and never want to see it again 🤣🤣🤣

But the name is really good. Almost got stroke trying to understand that UI 😂😂

• @SonicVibe said:
    Idk what y’all talking about drambo but Strokes is by far the best iOS groovebox audio workstation hands down, also cross platform and modular if Bam can even come close I’d be impressed looks promising but I don’t think 🤔 any app will dethrone Strokes it’s super stable for live performances and modulation is off the charts plus the GUI looks like a freaking spaceship console 🚀 from StarTrek.

What SonicVibe said! Strokes is unlike anything else - totally not your average groovebox - sure if you want familiar look elsewhere - saying that my next fav app is BeatCutter 😬🤣

• edited September 2023

I like the UI a lot, I won't say it's better or worse than Grooverider or Drambo etc and each has its place. That's one great thing about iOS though, that there is now enough choice and enough alternatives for different applications. The larger concern is that with the pre-order announced, is the implication that its close to release ready, because that has not been my experience with the beta. It still seems very crash prone and I got multiple crashes within minutes of doing some fairly basic tasks. Maybe it's just my iPad and Imaginando apps do not appear to play well on it at all, but then again almost never have issues with any other apps.

• edited September 2023

@maschinelf said:
    I like the UI a lot, I won't say it's better or worse than Grooverider or Drambo etc and each has its place. That's one great thing about iOS though, that there is now enough choice and enough alternatives for different applications. The larger concern is that with the pre-order announced, is the implication that its close to release ready, because that has not been my experience with the beta. It still seems very crash prone and I got multiple crashes within minutes of doing some fairly basic tasks. Maybe it's just my iPad and Imaginando apps do not appear to play well on it at all, but then again almost never have issues with any other apps.

yeah they need work more on stability but it’s better and better with every new beta release .. all we can do is just report any crash with description and crash log - that’s our part of job (i mean us who are trying beta)

• edited September 2023

@dendy said:

@maschinelf said:

yeah they need work more on stability but it’s better and better with every new beta release .. all we can do is just report any crash with description and crash log - that’s our part of job (i mean us who are trying beta)

@dendy, can you tell me if those BAM spreadsheet boxes are limited to 16 bars (256 steps) like in Drambo?

Edit: Found it!
    "Step-by-step beat making

Step up your rhythm game and make beats in minutes with the BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker step sequencer. Turn your ideas into drum loops in seconds, with the easy-to-use up to 256 step sequencer interface. Easily visualize multiple tracks with different clip lengths simultaneously, as each track’s playbar indicator moves independently in relation to others."

• @dendy said:

Yea true can’t expect a beta to be super stable and that is their purpose. I probably would purchase the pre-order if I wasn’t having issues with other apps, but the current state combined with the issues I had is not inspiring confidence so I guess I’ll wait and see.

• One thing I noticed in the demo is they had to right click and open each track one by one no plus button to add a track for a quick add a track option ? But the 303 bass line did sound good to me and I haven’t found a decent sounding one on iOS yet tried the one in acid and it’s pretty meh 🫤

• @SonicVibe said:
    One thing I noticed in the demo is they had to right click and open each track one by one no plus button to add a track for a quick add a track option ? But the 303 bass line did sound good to me and I haven’t found a decent sounding one on iOS yet tried the one in acid and it’s pretty meh 🫤

Interesting. I like the sound of Pure Acid. I have ABL3 and Phoscyon on desktop and Pure Acid doesn’t best them but stands up OK IMO. What did you feel was missing?

• @SonicVibe said:
    One thing I noticed in the demo is they had to right click and open each track one by one no plus button to add a track for a quick add a track option ? But the 303 bass line did sound good to me and I haven’t found a decent sounding one on iOS yet tried the one in acid and it’s pretty meh 🫤

Really? I love the sound of Pure Acid.

Which others have you tried? There’s a handful of really good ones. SquareAcid, Troublemaker, 2xB303, etc etc.

• I like that the one in pure acid randomly generates and ya can pick key but it didn’t sound Acid enough maybe I have to tweak it more but that acid bass in the BAM demo at the end sounded perfect 👍

• edited September 2023

@SonicVibe said:

sounds decent but if you want something which is 99.99% like real HW then Pure Acid. BAM Hoffman isn’t bad, but PA is completely different level (and i am BIG 303 fan) in terms of faithfullnes.

• edited September 2023

@gusgranite said:

@SonicVibe said:

Interesting. I like the sound of Pure Acid. I have ABL3 and Phoscyon on desktop and Pure Acid doesn’t best them but stands up OK IMO. What did you feel was missing?

i actually think PA is closer to HW than Abl3 and Phoscyon. No big difference , but PA is my personal most favourite software 303 clone across all platforms

• edited September 2023

Funny how there’s people trying to pick out and foresee the shortcomings that this BAM environment will have. All I know is it was a insta pre purchase for me the minute that became available. I have LK, don’t use it ever but FRMS, DRC, VS, DLYM, these are fantastic tools in my opinion. I’ll pick this up just for support but I have a good feeling that BAM is gonna be something I will use and something that I’ve needed here in iOS land for a minute. The iOS music making apps world has become pretty saturated or overwhelming with the amount of stuff coming out. Very contrary to when I first got into making music with an iPad. That was in 2011 and back then having to work what you had available and working around issues all the time in my opinion, was part of the magic of creating music with the iPad. I’m super stoked Imaginando is doing this. I am really looking forward to this. Then again reference to my comment of iOS land being saturated, developers like ApeSoft/ AMAZING NOISES, AudioThing and Baby Audio really are great. Igor’s on another level also. We are spoiled. Just felt like voicing myself about this app coming out.

• @dendy said:

@gusgranite said:

@SonicVibe said:

i actually think PA is closer to HW than Abl3 and Phoscyon. No big difference , but PA is my personal most favourite software 303 clone across all platforms

Just recently got Arturia Acid V and it sounds great, but that’s mainly because it includes a stack of great effects and a polyrhythmic sequencer. Pair PA with the right external sequencers, modulators and effects and it can do everything Acid V can. And I agree that PA is right on with HW, to the extent that you can visually recreate patches from HW by just lining up the knobs (at least with a TD-3). I’m not in love with PA’s distortion stage, but the oscillator and filter sections are spot on IMO.

• edited September 2023

@mjm1138 said:

@dendy said:

@gusgranite said:

@SonicVibe said:

I’m not in love with PA’s distortion stage, but the oscillator and filter sections are spot on IMO.

Yes, and most importantly ACCENT part is made right which is not the case with many emulations (including Hoffman in BAM). Just try close CUTOFF to 0, set RESO to MAX, env/decay to zero and ACCENT to max .. then throw velocity > 100 on few notes and < 100 on other notes - what it does on notes with velo > 100 this is so precisely emulated on PR like on not much other SW emulations.

It's even more close to original 303 than on TD-3 :-)

Emulatate accent behaviour of 303 is moct tricky part, cause in reality what accent does is:

• it ADDS envelope amount
    • it SHORTENS decay time
    • it ADDS resonance
    • it ADDS volume

you need to fine tune all 4 parameters together, to get the right combination of them to get accented sound sound exactly like it should sound

• @Morgman73 said:
    Funny how there’s people trying to pick out and foresee the shortcomings that this BAM environment will have. All I know is it was a insta pre purchase for me the minute that became available. I have LK, don’t use it ever but FRMS, DRC, VS, DLYM, these are fantastic tools in my opinion. I’ll pick this up just for support but I have a good feeling that BAM is gonna be something I will use and something that I’ve needed here in iOS land for a minute. The iOS music making apps world has become pretty saturated or overwhelming with the amount of stuff coming out. Very contrary to when I first got into making music with an iPad. That was in 2011 and back then having to work what you had available and working around issues all the time in my opinion, was part of the magic of creating music with the iPad. I’m super stoked Imaginando is doing this. I am really looking forward to this. Then again reference to my comment of iOS land being saturated, developers like ApeSoft/ AMAZING NOISES, AudioThing and Baby Audio really are great. Igor’s on another level also. We are spoiled. Just felt like voicing myself about this app coming out.

Yeah it does seem like people have this one on particular under a microscope for some reason. Having been on the beta I can say it’s great, and I’m a big fan so far. I think people will really really enjoy this one.

• @HotStrange said:

@Morgman73 said:

Yeah it does seem like people have this one on particular under a microscope for some reason. Having been on the beta I can say it’s great, and I’m a big fan so far. I think people will really really enjoy this one.

Hope for ‘those’ people you two are referring to is not me asking for steps limitations? The last few pages of the thread are only positive things. 🤔

• Yeah it’s mostly positive a few people on beta just said they hope it get more stability

• @SonicVibe said:
    Yeah it’s mostly positive a few people on beta just said they hope it get more stability

i also said i see huge improvement with every new beta, devs are working really hard from what i see, so i am very optimistic .. and app is huge amount of fun ..

• Well I never was a fan of drambo just my personal taste but love strokes so I’ll be happy to add another groovebox to iOS these kinda apps are sorely missing on iOS

• And never mind finally found my acid bass thump one dropped for iOS today

• I love Imaginando’s synths, DRC and FRMS are both amazing, and VS - Visual Synthesizer is one of my favorite creative visual apps ever!

But one thing I could never get into is LK (Matrix) For some reason, I could never gel with the piano roll in LK. I’ve always been more comfortable and productive with Atom and/or Drambo for piano roll duties. Logic for iPad’s piano roll is good as well.

I’d be willing to give BAM a try when it comes out, but that LK piano roll might be what keeps me from getting into it.

Now, on groovebox apps, yes, Strokes is unique, and very deep, and all of the Grooverider, Pure Acid, and even Gadget and all of the other HW clone apps are all cool and everything, but nothing IMO, touches the king of Groovebox apps; DRAMBO!

• @Edward_Alexander
    nothing IMO, touches the king of Groovebox apps; DRAMBO!

i am glad that after all those years i finally found this deeper truth. (this is not sarcasm, i mean really)

• Bam does seem a little drambo like with the gui maybe not with power but some people may like that strokes I just like the modulation cause it makes me make music I wouldn’t come up with on my own

• @Luxthor said:

@HotStrange said:

@Morgman73 said:

Hope for ‘those’ people you two are referring to is not me asking for steps limitations? The last few pages of the thread are only positive things. 🤔

Nope not referring to you at all! No worries

• edited September 2023

BAM + Thump One is a lot of fun, I really like the modulation view in BAM.

The Thump oscilloscope seems to be pretty cpu intensive on my iPad 6. Fortunately it can be turned off which smooths things out a lot.

Loving BAM more with each build.